Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun 101, At Origins 2004
Berzerker
post Jun 9 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,225

Just saw this on Fanpros site and I was wondering if anyone is planning on going to it? Linkhere.

If anyone is, we should gather all the naggling little questions that get debated endlessly here and send them over to the "experts on hand" to answer. We could hand out bonus points for anyone able to come up with a question that stumps em (and no dikoted ally spirit questions).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 9 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Honestly, if you hang out here, Shadowrun 101 probably won't teach you a single thing that you can't already get from the forums; I'm not sure who's going to be on the SR 101 panel this year, but it's typically Bull, Jon, Pistons, and Rich Tomasso, IIRC.

And of course, here we have the luxury of reference books and the time to look things up and do research. In a panel, not so much. SR101 is really aimed at more intermediate or even beginning SR players.

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Jun 9 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

Personally i think it would be a god thing to go to, you can share ideas with fellow runners face to face ,and have the chance to beat the shit out of some one that flames you in your face. :)
But other words i wish i could go.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jun 9 2004, 11:36 PM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Maybe someday we'll be able to have Shadowrun 201 and 240 courses. Ooh, or a full course! I wouldn't mind majoring in Rigging…

~J

+Quote Post
kryton
post Jun 9 2004, 11:37 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,874

I was personally disapointed. I felt there should have been more stippers personally......You can never have too many strippers and loose women at a Con....Or maybe that's a Anime Con....It's all running together.

+Quote Post
Number 6
post Jun 9 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,316

Most seminars qualify for college credit. You could probably take this one as an elective.

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Jun 10 2004, 01:46 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

I can't go, so someone ask this one for me...DO ATTACK PROGRAMS ROLL COMPUTER SKILL OR ATTACK PROGRAM RATING WHEN ATTACKING?!?!!?! Hell, even Pistons has gotten into debates on that on, and it's kinda an important ruling that could go either way...

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Jun 10 2004, 03:28 AM
Post #8

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

There are good reasons why you'd have them roll rating. Dumb frames being one.

+Quote Post
CircuitBoyBlue
post Jun 10 2004, 07:22 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,215

I love how I'm from Ohio, and I've never really had anything important to do during the summer, and yet I've never made it to Origins. I swear one of these days I'll scrape up the money to head back home and go, but I'm not sure I believe myself...

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Jun 10 2004, 08:46 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

I hate being from Southeast Texas...closes big city is Houston and NOTHING happens here. No big comic/RPG/sci-fi cons of any kind. Even the Houston Film Festival is lame. If I want anything remotely cool, I have to go all the way to Austin :(

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
Sahandrian
post Jun 10 2004, 10:14 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,880

I live in West Virginia. The biggest gaming event here that I've seen was an 8-person Magic the Gathering tournament. My old D&D DM won it with a Hatred deck. And we're getting TsubasaCon this November, but they don't really seem to have anything there, looking at the website...

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Jun 10 2004, 01:01 PM
Post #12

ghostrider

Member No.: 6,333

Ha. You think nothign cool happens where you are?? Try being stuck on this gods-forsaken red dirt covered rock in the middle of the friggin pacific. At least if you had the time off and the money you could DRIVE to something.

Here, if I want to do anything it's a 600+ dollar plane ticket, then hotels, car rentals. Damn I can't wait to get back to the real world.

+Quote Post
Grimtooth
post Jun 10 2004, 01:18 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,430

I've been going to Origins for the last few years.

I went so a seminar with Mike Mulvhill (sp?). No offense but it basically consisted of a bunch of fanboys sitting around complaining that there wasn't a sourcebook dedicated to Siberia.

I don't play and don't go to seminars.

I go for the vendor's area!!!! The SR booth was cool last year. And the trivia question were a cool idea.

I also assume that Origins will be the place to pick up a coby of SoE before it hits my favorite gaming store.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 10 2004, 01:31 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Grimtooth)
I went so a seminar with Mike Mulvhill (sp?). No offense but it basically consisted of a bunch of fanboys sitting around complaining that there wasn't a sourcebook dedicated to Siberia.

And that makes it different from the internet... how? ;-)

+Quote Post
Grimtooth
post Jun 10 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Good one Adam. :grinbig:

Point taken.

+Quote Post
Grimtooth
post Jun 10 2004, 01:48 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Actually Adam while you're out here watching this conversation, will anyone be at the booth worthy of an autograph?

I intend on trying to get books signed this year.

I'd like to have Elmore sign my 1st edition book at some point.

Just curious

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 10 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #17

Prime Runner

I know that Elmore is usually at Gencon and is happy to sign SR stuff, but I don't think FanPro has any special guests at Origins this year. The last couple years at GenCon they've been bringing in some of the German artists such as Klaus S.

A decent number of the authors are at both cons, though.

+Quote Post
Pistons
post Jun 10 2004, 02:03 PM
Post #18

Not Cameron Diaz

Member No.: 188

QUOTE (Abstruse)
I can't go, so someone ask this one for me...DO ATTACK PROGRAMS ROLL COMPUTER SKILL OR ATTACK PROGRAM RATING WHEN ATTACKING?!?!!?! Hell, even Pistons has gotten into debates on that on, and it's kinda an important ruling that could go either way...

The Abstruse One

Are you talking about IC, or (for example) Black Hammer? If it's the former, the IC rolls the host's Security Value. (Its own rating comes into play when deckers are resisting the damage it deals out.) If it's the latter, the decker uses both. The program rating subtracts from the host's system operation he's trying to defeat. (Computer skill + Hacking Pool vs. System Operation - Decker's Program Utility Rating.)

Unfortunately, I won't be at either cons this year. Someone else should be covering decking.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:52 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.