IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Short fiction submissions for shadowrunrpg.com, Are they taken from the community?
Black Isis
post Jul 6 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,151

I swear I remember reading a post by Adam about this a long time ago, or maybe I heard him mention it at GenCon last year; but are the short fiction pieces on shadowrunrpg.com solicited from current Shadowrun writers or are submissions being taken from the community? I've got a couple things I'm working on, and some I think might actually be decent enough to submit if they are taking them -- otherwise, I'll just add them to my pile of stuff for my own website. I just don't want to do that if there's a possibility I could get a bit more exposure for them. :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nath
post Jul 6 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

[DSF] See that with Elissa "Pistons" Carrey ( pistons@dumpshock.com ). AFAIK sumissions are taken from anybody as long as it's good, related to Shadowrun, under 5,000 words or so and coming as one single fiction (not a serie of 5,000-words-long episodes). It's a plus if it ties to recent releases and plots, so of course actual freelancers have some kind of edge for that. Finally you have to account the fact she's aiming at six fiction a year, and even if she gets more real good ones, it'll stay limited by the time required for editing.

You probably have little to lose sending her something, at worst she'll just delete your mail thinking it's spam. Oh, she can also blow your self-esteem, of course.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Jul 6 2004, 05:39 PM
Post #3

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

So far this year they missed their every other month mark. Probably because they are so busy. I would recomend reading what they have already put up and tryint to emulate that. I submitted something I thoguht was pretty good; but it was nothing like what is already up there (better I thought) and it got rejected. So be prepared to face that.

+Quote Post
Black Isis
post Jul 6 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,151

Aha, yeah, that's the thread I must have half-remembered. Thanks for pointing me to it Nath (and for the advice, Shadow). Much appreciated!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.