Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Earth Elemental's Movement power
Bearclaw
post Jul 10 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

Does this power work ON TOP of the earth or INSIDE the earth? Or both?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Person 404
post Jul 10 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,696

Generally speaking, it works anywhere. That said, it doesn't allow the elemental to push things through the earth, generally speaking. Tunneling is a fairly trivial service for most earth elementals, but that's not movement per se.

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Jul 10 2004, 12:52 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 4,323

Just to make sure we are all in understanding, earth elementals can use their power to speed up or slow down creatures that are in contact with solid ground, be they moving along the surface or tunneling through it. The movement power does not grant the elemental, or those affected by the power, any special ability to move through solid ground.

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Jul 10 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

I wonder how this would effect someone who called an elemental to use this power to tunnel through the earth while astrally projecting.

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Jul 10 2004, 03:35 AM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

Movement, being a physical power, doesn't affect the astral plane at all.

I also don't know whether or not it'd help someone tunneling... if whatever your method of moving the earth aside isn't moving much faster than you're already moving, then you'd be in trouble.

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Jul 10 2004, 04:37 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Well, really, if you want to start applying "logic" to this, I dont really see any way an earth elemental could make you run faster. But it can. Its magic. I dont have any problem saying it can help you tunnel faster.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Jul 10 2004, 04:51 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Who says you are running faster? Your speed in relation to the ground can remain Qx(running multiplier)+(result of athletics successes), just that the specific ground involved is also moving in relation to the surroundings.

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Jul 10 2004, 04:57 AM
Post #8

Running Target

You know... I've tried to form a mental picture of that happening... and I just cant. But whatever. If the movement power can cause a localized patch of solid rock to move such that your end speed is 5 times faster than it otherwise would be (in the case of a force 5 spirit), it can *certainly* make it easier to tunnel through dirt.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.