Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bio Index, Essence Index, and Stress
kevyn668
post Jul 12 2004, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,375

I don't have my books around and I was wondering at what point do your systems automatically incur stress?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Jul 12 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

If you mean System Overstress, it kicks in when Bio Index >= Essence Index (Essence + 3). At that point, all Bioware functions as if they were at Light Stress -- this does not affect the accumulation of actual Stress Points in any way.

+Quote Post
Cursedsoul
post Jul 12 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,689

I think for most cyber/bio/nano its a GM call. Unless you get shot I don't remember any rules for auto-stress for anything other than the MBW systems. I think that by the 2060's routine maintenance doesn't need to be done except every few months, but like I said, GM call.

It says that cybereyes come with a kit that have to be used regularly, so I presume you can acquire such kits for cyberware and just use them weekly/bi-weekly.

I think it would really only be something to bother runners with if they get out of line. The cyber bunny who just doesn't give a flip? Go and say "your arm is getting a bit cranky and refuses to work like new. Maybe you should oil it" and if they blow it off, make it fall off.

+Quote Post
tjn
post Jul 12 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

From: Fresno, CFS: taking out one durned furriner at a time.
Member No.: 5,940

IIRC, things gain stress when they take damage and do not generate at least one success on the resistance roll.

Or when cyberware is taken out of the body, that's about the only time I recall anything automatically gains stress.

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Jul 12 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 5,375

Thanks again all. :)

AE hit on what I was looking for but I appriciate the input.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.