Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bull's Origins' Report, extract from ShadowRN mailing list
Nath
post Jul 12 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,723

I don't remember seeing it anywhere on the forums, and at least me don't check very often what's happening on ShadowRN mailing list. And my guess is that what Bull had say may interest some people here.
QUOTE (Bull - Mon @ 28 Jun 2004 01:53:14 -0400)
Back from Origins.  Long convention.  Much fun.  Too much booze :)

Shadows of Europe was there.  It's huge, 240 pages, $30.00.  Looks nice.  Have only barely skimmed it, so can't really give an opinion on it yet beyond "Looks kinda cool".

SOTA 2064 and Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book will hopefully be available at gen Con, according to Rob at the What's up with Fanpro seminar.

Running Wild and Loose alliances will follow over the next few months, and Shadows of Asia is shooting for maybe early next year some time, probably Springish.

Next year there's an adventure set and what I believe will be a metaplot heavy sourcebook that will finally wrap up Deus storyline, as well as "other stuff".  Rob was keeping this info close to the vest, so there wasn't much info to share with this one.

Overall, looks like after the SoE snafu, things are back on track, and rather than complaining about no books, people can complain about too many :]  Things were heavily backlogged due to SoE's delays, but getting worked on still, so there's a pile of books in the "almost done" stage.

Also, FanPro has worked out a deal with WizKids, and chances are that we'll see PDF's for older sourcebooks sometime in the relatively near future (a few months is what Rob said), probably released through online PDF sale sites like RPGNow or DriveThruRPG.  Newer books probbaly won;t be avilable via PDF for at least 6 months after they are initially released.

Bull
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Jul 12 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

Pdfs in the future? Now that's great. Time to get old adventures. Seriously, adventure pdfs for some companies are through the roof. Online buying is also through the roof, which really tweaks off your FLGS.

Don

+Quote Post
Zeel De Mort
post Jul 12 2004, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,175

When's GenCon? and how much do pdfs like that typically cost?

.. I think that's all my questions for now.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 12 2004, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Gencon is August 19-22 this year.

Pricing on any eBooks has yet to be determined, as it still depends on contracts being hammered out between FanPro and WizKids, and still may not happen.

+Quote Post
Plastic Rat
post Jul 13 2004, 06:17 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 2,665

Ooh, *warms up shiny new credit card* You and me gonna go spread some looove baby. Thoughts of Brainscan and Bug City leave me tingling...

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jul 13 2004, 06:31 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

mmm, pdf's.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jul 13 2004, 08:59 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

Add me in to the drooling mass of fan boys. I can finally start getting them all onto a laptop,and stop hauling three 55 gallon tupper ware tubs of books in my trunk with me to play....

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Jul 13 2004, 09:12 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

Me, I'm looking at picking up modules and stuff I might have missed, like Lone Star, Queen Euphoria, and UB, PoaD, Super Tuesday, etc.

Don

+Quote Post
Kesh
post Jul 14 2004, 07:27 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,958

PDFs would rock my world. :)

Here's hoping Shadows of Asia also includes Pacific islands such as Hawaii. Any idea what SotA 2064 is going to be? Just an update of 2063, or a whole slew of new information?

Also hoping Running Wild replaces the Critters book, as it's a pain to try and find that thing.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jul 14 2004, 07:41 AM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 185

QUOTE (Kesh @ Jul 14 2004, 07:27 AM)
Any idea what SotA 2064 is going to be? Just an update of 2063, or a whole slew of new information?

As Rob mentioned and has been posted previously on this board, SOTA64 is to include all-new Adept material, espionage, law-enforcement, Euromagic and the regular Culture Shock feature with all new material.

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Jul 14 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

I also hope that if it does, we get the pictures added back in. :D

+Quote Post
BIG BAD BEESTE
post Jul 14 2004, 02:54 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,274

QUOTE (Kesh)
Here's hoping Shadows of Asia also includes Pacific islands such as Hawaii.

Me too.

*Bites Tongue & Twiddles Thumbs*

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Jul 14 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #13

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

Hawai'i? I'd much rather prefer they missed that and concentrated on Asia/SE Asia and places like the Chinese warlord states. Since Hawai'i already got a- smallish- book and they're talking possible .pdf releases, much rather they not cover old ground. But that's just me. :)

+Quote Post
Kesh
post Jul 15 2004, 07:06 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,958

Except from what I heard, the Hawaii book was more like an adventure with a little (real world) history thrown in. Not much to help out for SR.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jul 15 2004, 01:14 PM
Post #15

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

Regardless, Hawai'i is not Asia... As it is, Asia will likely be missing sections... Sadly, namely Western Asia. Chances are SoA will focus heavily on Oriental Asia, according to Rob.

As I said in the Hawai'i sourcebook thread, if Hawai'i gets any sort of update, it'll be in a Target Book, if at all. Not really a huge amount of interest in it as it stands...

And yeah, I apparentoly forgot to crosspost this info, so thanks for reposting.

Bull

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jul 15 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #16

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

QUOTE (Kesh)
Except from what I heard, the Hawaii book was more like an adventure with a little (real world) history thrown in. Not much to help out for SR.

Actually, most of the Source Material for Hawai'i is new information. It's true that it's not that big, overall, just like 8 or 12 pages. <shrug> But the fact is, there wasn't much needed. Some history to bring it "up to date" (As of 2054 or so, I think), some basic info on the current state of affairs, and that's about it. Hawai'i in 2054ish wasn't really much different than Hawai'i 1995, or whenever. And nothing much has changed since... Add a dragon, add a King, and season to flavor.

Bull

+Quote Post
lspahn72
post Jul 15 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 5,975

QUOTE (Paul)
Add me in to the drooling mass of fan boys. I can finally start getting them all onto a laptop,and stop hauling three 55 gallon tupper ware tubs of books in my trunk with me to play....

I have three milk crates...

Machines

Magic/Locations

Core Rules

Gotta weight in at at least 100lbs....

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jul 17 2004, 01:32 AM
Post #18

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Heh, we dragged all my Shadowrun books out back last night for a game.. I don;t have any of the redundant SR1/2 books, and I sold or gave away most of the place books and the like. So with the exception of the critters books, Sprawl Sites, Shadowbeat, and a few modules, the rest is every 3rd ed book so far :]

It's a stack about 3 feet high and weighs about 30 pounds ;)

Bull

+Quote Post
Odin
post Jul 17 2004, 03:33 AM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 6,475

yes pdf's are a must.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jul 17 2004, 08:42 AM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

Gah! Call me a supermarket hunter/sportsman. I shoot my meat straight off the meat counter into my cart. Same for my veggies. :D

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Jul 17 2004, 06:55 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

Oh I am so looking forwards to ShadowdOf Asia and State of the fucking art 2064

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Jul 17 2004, 07:35 PM
Post #22

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 16 2004, 06:32 PM)
It's a stack about 3 feet high and weighs about 30 pounds

A stack of Canon books weighs almost 45 kg per meter of height.

Using English weights, its very close to 1 lb. per cm. of height. A three foot high stack is about 90 cm., so it should weigh about 90 lbs.

:proof: ;)

/Edit: I know newbies shouldn't correct their elders. I'll apologize and buy you a beer at GenCon.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Jul 18 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #23

Guests

QUOTE (Odin @ Jul 16 2004, 09:33 PM)
[post]

While I generally don't give a damn, you might want to forget you typed that. At least, 'round here.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Jul 18 2004, 12:25 AM
Post #24

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

I think he was referring to having a friend with a scanner scan books you already own into PDFs to be used by you. While I'm not sure if even that is perfectly legal, I don't think there's anything really wrong with it -- you own the books already.

His post in the waiting-for-SoE-thread was much more out of line. [Edit]Oops, it was Can't get Magic in the Shadows, not about SoE. Still not exactly malicious, but probably against board regulations anyway. Not that I've never broken those...[/Edit]

This post has been edited by Austere Emancipator: Jul 18 2004, 12:28 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Jul 18 2004, 12:59 AM
Post #25

Guests

NOooooooooooooooo.

I was just cautioning him because people tend to get their panties in a bind whenever the subject is broached.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:14 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.