IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick Idea's Please!, Have people dropping by...
Nephyte
post Jul 14 2004, 12:49 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 460

I think I've got Shadowrun addicts on my hands.

My buddy after swearing for years that Roleplaying was only good to do when nothing else better was going on is coming over with his brother for the second day in a row of Shadowrun related stuff.

I expect both of them will be finishing thier characters tonight. Martin's brother only really needs to pick adept powers after all. Anyways, I have nothing planned to introduce his brother to the game.

So I turn to you all for a lil sumthin sumthin.

Please...

*Bats his eyes*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clyde
post Jul 14 2004, 12:56 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,237

Well I won't give you any personal hooks, but check out Blackjack's SR site. Hasn't been updated in ages, but it has a TON of adventure hooks and ideas.

http://blackjack.dumpshock.com/

It's usually pretty gritty, dark cyberpunk stuff with a lot less fantasy, so if that's not your cup of tea you might want to watch out. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jul 14 2004, 01:09 AM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

1) Food Fight!

2) My old favourite first run: Johnson X has a package. You pick it up at a McHughes, you've got to deliver it to a small bookstore/cafe within a few days. The catch? The package (in a locked briefcase) is being followed, and the trick of the run is that it has to get to the destination without the destination being discovered. The pursuers won't fire a shot unless fired on, as they want the destination more than the package. This one may be better suited to a more advanced group, but it's got some nice possibilities.

~J

+Quote Post
Shev
post Jul 14 2004, 01:11 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,949

Have them get on the wrong side of an organized crime group. Have one of their contacts somehow get in trouble with the Bigio family, or the Yakuza. Then, the runner have to go rescue them(and possibly get some money out of the contact after, or at least have the contact go up a level). This gives a lot of possibilities, and they'll have to deal with an angry crime organization for a while after...

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Jul 14 2004, 01:23 AM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

Few things are as much fun as Food Fight. It's got it all.

Simple is better, of course. No doublecross, no huge surprise (the first time out), nothing so world specific that they can't know.

Maybe they're hired by a neighborhood association to take out a gang dealing BTLs on the wrong block?

+Quote Post
Nephyte
post Jul 14 2004, 04:39 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 460

Just wish I knew what Food Fight was now ... ;p

Ahh well, characters finished.

My buddy decided to entirely redo his character.

>.<

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Jul 14 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

Food Fight was an introductory type module included in the first edition BBB. (well, not quite so big or black back then) It's a module in a stuffer shack that gets attacked by a gang while the players are inside.

A teach everyone the combat rules kind of thing. It was always funny to me because of the chart to determine what kind of goop all the missed rounds made fly all over the place.

It's now updated for 3rd edition in the First Run book.

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Jul 14 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

You don't even have to have the book to run it. The scene is that the PCs have gone to the Stuffer Shack to get snacks after a run and some gangers show up and decide to rob the place. They've got shotguns and armor jackets (well, one has a katana and one's a mage, too), and should be a match for PCs in a convenience store (ie, not packing anything they can't at least somewhat conceal).

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Jul 14 2004, 10:13 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,465

A run out to the Barrens to recrue a kidnapped scientist or something is always a good premise for death, carnage, and a call to Doc-wagon...

...oh and about the time the runners get their mark, a gang-war starts... :lick:

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Jul 15 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #10

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
2) My old favourite first run: Johnson X has a package. You pick it up at a McHughes, you've got to deliver it to a small bookstore/cafe within a few days. The catch? The package (in a locked briefcase) is being followed, and the trick of the run is that it has to get to the destination without the destination being discovered. The pursuers won't fire a shot unless fired on, as they want the destination more than the package. This one may be better suited to a more advanced group, but it's got some nice possibilities.

I really like that. Are the players aware of the shadow at the outset or do they have to find that out during the run? Kind of the easy and hard mode to the hook :) Want a nightmare mode -- the Johnson doesn't know about the shadow and when they claim they were tailed at the end, doesn't believe them and refuses to pay them more :evil:

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jul 16 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

I've always played it that the J specifically warns them of the tail. As written, that is most of the point of hiring someone else. It can, however, be expanded and complicated ("scaled" :) ) as desired.

~J

+Quote Post
Kesh
post Jul 16 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,958

Make it fairly straightforward. Person A wants an object stolen from Person B's home, and delivered to them. Person B's home has moderate security, nothing too fancy but it's a rich-and-trendy gated neighborhood with decent alarms and maybe a personal guard or two. (Don't forget watcher patrols up and down the street!)

They can either play it sneaky, or go for a smash and grab. Either way, they then have to meet their Johnson at the appropriate time and place without getting caught or leading the cops/security to their client.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:31 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.