Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Statisticly speaking
Odin
post Jul 23 2004, 07:31 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,475

Hi all having played shadowrun for a number of years once or twice I've wondered about this paticular instance regarding trolls and charisma (I know that in the rulebook it specifically says you can place between 1 and 6 points into your attributes) sometimes when making a troll street sammy I want to maximize points and decide to cheap out charisma and only put one point in it .Heres the thing though does 1 charisma cost 3 points (most expensive 1 charisma I've ever seen if true.)so that I don't get a negative value or could I put 1 point in there and then just ignore the negative modifier as no stat can have a value less than one?It doesn't really matter to me either way I'm just curious if it's ever stated concretely anywhere in the books.Thanks for your time.... :D

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Jul 23 2004, 07:48 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

You have to pay the three points.

+Quote Post
Odin
post Jul 23 2004, 07:55 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,475

cool it's what I always thought good to know though. guess you gotta pay to be almost twice as strong as a regular human after all lol.

+Quote Post
Necrotic Monkey
post Jul 23 2004, 08:00 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,488

SR3 p. 55, Attributes. These rules state that no attribute may be given more than 6 points and no fewer than 1 point during character creation. It then goes on to state (and pay heed to the wording here) that no attribute may be higher than 6 before racial modifications are applied, and no attribute may be lower than 1. Note that the second statement doesn't have the same condition applied to it.

So although the context heavily implies otherwise, an exact reading of the text suggests that while you can't assign more than 6 points to an attribute, you can assign a 1 to an attribute even if racial modifiers would lower it below 1. Since 1 is the lowest value allowed, those negatives won't have any impact on the character.

But again, the context is fairly clear even if (as is often the case) the exact wording isn't.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jul 23 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #5

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

1 isn't the lowest value allowed. In Decrease Attribute it is stated that if a mental attribute drops below 1, the character becomes comatose.

So yes, I'd allow you to do it. Make sure to buy plenty of Hospitalized lifestyle.

~J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.