Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Endurance, 3 days without water....
Azrael
post Jul 31 2004, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 131

Has anyone ever created rules to determine the effects of prolonged lack of food water has in game terms? The reason I ask - my players (read: poor bastards) are going to be stuck inside the arcology when it shuts down with clothes on their backs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Jul 31 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

I think either Target: Wastelands or Target: Awakened Lands has a lot of info on survival and rules for lack of food/water/etc.

And just to give your PCs a fighting chance, remember there are laws dictating that a public building must have so many water fountains, fixtures, etc. and the Arc was full of fountains. Getting the NutraSoy Chocolate Yum-Yum Bars out of a vendinging machine controlled by the central computer, though, would be much more interesting...

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
Pinel
post Jul 31 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,445

Target: Wastelands had Survival skill rules which are easy to adapt to your scenario.

In a situation like this, you should consider granting bonuses to find water to any runner with Knowledge skills like Architecture, Plumbing or Building Maintenance (hey, you never know, a former janitor who went into the shadows...)

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Jul 31 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 131

I just checked the one place I can get Target: Wastelands in my desolate corner of the planet, and its a bit pricey ($50 Aus + shipping) and about two month lead time - would you guys be morally OK in giving me the snapshot view of the rules (eg x hours without hydration = + y modifier)?

+Quote Post
Pinel
post Jul 31 2004, 03:14 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 6,445

I have no idea how morally or legally reprehensible it is for me to "sort of quote" part of a sourcebook in here. Can the assorted Big Kahunas of this board please let me know if this will result in immediate confiscation of my Dikoted Ally spirit (which I haven't had sex with yet) ? If you promise you WILL order the book and get the full rules, I guess I can still look myself in the mirror...

The rough system is as follows: each runner rolls a Survival skill check once a day (target 6, after applying all mods that seemed to fit to your scenario). Roll 1d6 and substract from the result the number of successes rolled by a runner. This gives you the number of boxes of Stun damage the runner takes. This damage is permanent until the runner escapes the arcology and rests. A runner reaching Deadly Stun this way collapses into dead weight for the rest of the team and can't make any more Survival tests. Note that Target: Wastelands gives you lots more options, complete modifiers by climate, group tests options, etc...

Statistically, this means an average 2-3 days survival time for unskilled humans, and we're not taking into account any combat or accidents.

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Jul 31 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 4,323

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find a legal blurb that contains the following:

WizKids, LLC has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website

I dont think youre violating anything by posting a specific rule here, even though such a rule might be considered proprietary,insofar as you are doing so for informational purposes.

Just try not to quote entire chapters. That starts getting a little iffy.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Jul 31 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #7

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Lawyers. I HATE Lawyers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.