Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Information on India in the 2050's
Papadoc
post Aug 1 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,461

Does anyone have any information on India that has been "updated" to the 2050's?

I am needing this for a current campaign.

Thanks,

Papadoc
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Larsine
post Aug 1 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,604

According to http://www.divnull.com/lward/sixthworld/as...asia/india.html (which hasn't been updatet in a while), you will only find information in CD page 78 and YOTC page 19.

Lars

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Aug 1 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #3

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

There's about half a pages worth of information on Calcutta in the Global Report section of Sprawl Survical Guide, page seventy four. Cyberpirates has a mention of piracy being a problem in the area sometimes. You've got the aforementioned YotC degtails. I don't have a book reference, but I do remember it being said that India being hit extremely hard by the various VITAS plagues.

Corp Download has a passing mention that one of the early proto-Megacorp Presidents retiring to a luxury resort in Sri Lanka so we can assume that situation was finally sorted out since the super filthy rich don't normally retire to war zones. There's also another mention somewhere of one of the megas having a mini-arcology in one of the main cities IIRC, Hyderabad I think it was.

Edit: Renraku have 'major facilities' in Madras. Not sure if that's the mini-arcology thing that I mentioned and just missremembered or not. :/

+Quote Post
Young Freud
post Aug 2 2004, 12:27 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,423

QUOTE ("FlakJacket")
I do remember it being said that India being hit extremely hard by the various VITAS plagues.

The VITAS epidemic starts in New Delhi. The shadowtalk on the Christmas Valley biowarfare facility in the Tir Tairngire sourcebook mentions this.

Cyberpirates makes a comment that Indian pirates are a rarity, given the size of the population, but are extremely dangerous. Especially those from Vishakapatnam, it appears they have rejected society completely, going for long haul and high risk runs or trafficking in opium from the Golden Triangle. They act like predators, never letting up when they find a target.

There's another mention of Indian pirates being hardcore earlier in the book, when one of the pirates mentions getting his cargo robbed in the middle of the night by a Indian family while in harbor.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Aug 2 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #5

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

Synner has mentionned it's gonna get covered soon I believe.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Aug 2 2004, 07:56 AM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 185

Synner has mentionned he would like to be able to cover it soon ;)

+Quote Post
Domino
post Aug 2 2004, 07:58 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,800

Perhaps Shadows of Asia will cover it. ;)

+Quote Post
Nath
post Aug 2 2004, 01:22 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Corp Download has a passing mention that one of the early proto-Megacorp Presidents retiring to a luxury resort in Sri Lanka so we can assume that situation was finally sorted out since the super filthy rich don't normally retire to war zones.

The book is Blood in the Boardroom and the corp is Monobe International, which is not more an early proto-megacorp than anybody else, and the prez name is Sho Kubota.

+Quote Post
Red Swami
post Aug 2 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 6,477

I've been wanting an India sourcebook ever since I took a few courses on classical India in college some years ago. There's some excellent potential for fun things with the mythology combined with the technological revolution they've been going through.

Not that gives you any info, Papdoc, but I'm just sayin': an India [sourcebook/in-depth coverage/series of adventures/other extensive blurb] would be vastly cool. :)

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Aug 2 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #10

King of the Hobos

Member No.: 127

MitS has mention of some of the Indian magical traditions, and a mention on how underpopulated/empty some areas of the place are, in the world magics section right at the front of the book. Target: Wastelands tells us that both India and Pakistan are nuclear powers.

QUOTE (Nath)
The book is Blood in the Boardroom and the corp is Monobe International, which is not more an early proto-megacorp than anybody else, and the prez name is Sho Kubota.

Heh, knew I could rely on you to pop up with the corp information for that one. :) And whilst I obviously got them mixed up with someone else re the whole proto-Megacorp thing, they're still an AA rated corporation.

QUOTE (Domino)
Perhaps Shadows of Asia will cover it. ;)

Dunno. India seems to be in the bastard position of being between the Middle East and Asia/Pacific Rim and not fitting into either really. Which makes it problematic fitting it into a book somewhere IMO.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 3 2004, 12:18 AM
Post #11

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

The Universal Brotherhood also had the second or third largest hive located in New Delhi.

+Quote Post
Young Freud
post Aug 3 2004, 06:45 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,423

QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Target: Wastelands tells us that both India and Pakistan are nuclear powers.

They're nuclear powers now. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me in SR's history that India and Pakistan finally had a nuclear exchange, albeit a minor one, following the VITAS outbreak.

I've been interested in an India book for sometime, when I tried to make an Indian physad. And doesn't the definition of 'dacoity' sound a lot like a shadowrunning group?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.