post Mar 19 2005, 04:41 AM
Post #51

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 284

08:00:00 Sunday 07 January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Seattle -> News

CODE
Picked this off the wire this morning, boys and girls.  Anyone out there got some details conveniently left out by the corporate disinformation machine?

-> Oracle

CODE
Pioneering computer programmer shot dead.

Dr. Terence Casimir, an early pioneer in advanced neurel net programming, was found shot to death in his apartment today.  Dr. Casimir spent much of his early career working for Hypersense Systems Incorporated, and was responsible for developing the Labyrinth series of expert search engines.  Lone Star gave no details of the crime, saying only that an investigation was on-going.

CODE
Simple hit.  What's the deal?

-> Hollowpoint

CODE
I think he's asking for motive.  Who's going to ice an over the hill programmer?  Casimir was out of the game, retired.  All his stuff is public domain.  It has to be personal.

-> Sugarbowl

CODE
 Reasons for murder:  profit, revenge, jealousy, to conceal a crime, to avoid humiliation or disgrace, and plain old homicidal mania.  Says so right in the manual.

-> Arch
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Mar 21 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #52

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,546

22:36:13 Monday 08 January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Marketplace -> Sell

CODE
That's some flyswatter.
-> Cynic

CODE
Sparrow was on a chopper?
-> EdwardBirmingham

CODE
Anyone else expecting Grassy Knoll to turn up any time now?
-> Breeder

CODE
Wow, busy night!  Doesn't anyone have any real work to do?
-> Mom on the Run

CODE
Not really.
-> EdwardBirmingham

CODE
Nope.
-> Epsilon

CODE
Who wants to go outside in *this* weather?
-> BearHUGs

CODE
Anyone ever heard of this "Jack" character before?
-> Epsilon

CODE
Anyone here actually ***SELLING*** anything?
-> Skai Hai

CODE
Ah --
-> Breeder

CODE
Nope, not today.
-> EdwardBirmingham

CODE
I got a Renraku Playpal you can get cheap <<<<big grin>>>>
-> Mom on the Run

CODE
<<<<rolls eyes>>>>  Come on, everyone, I'm as cold and as miserable as the rest of you.  I really don't want to have to trigger the glaciers in here.  This is the Marketplace.  If you guys want to talk about the crash, take it to the current events forum.
-> Skai Hai

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 21 2005, 07:43 AM
Post #53

Prime Runner

22:15:10 Monday 08 January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Current Events

CODE
Two Sikorsky-Bell Luxura helicopters crashed on approach to Sea-Tac Airport earlier this evening.  A short statement released by the NTSB had no details of the crash or casualties, stating only that an investigation was on-going.  Weather is known to be a factor.

- Associated Press

CODE
They're all dead.  Brian Martin from INN was on-scene within minutes and all he saw were bodies.

-> Newshound

CODE
So where's INN's report?

->Zapf Dingbats

CODE
Delayed, probably, or confiscated.  NTSB has broad powers when it comes to the definition of 'evidence'.

-> System Player

CODE
It wasn't a crash.  The choppers were shot down.  Check the passenger manifest.

-> Grassy Knoll

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Mar 21 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #54

Shooting Target

09:20:03 Sunday 07 January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Seattle -> Unexplained Phenomena

I first posted this when it came down the wire last year. Anyone found out yet what they're planning to do about it this year?
-> Better Than Truth

Prairie Park Infested with Awakened Weeds Draws Crowd
Associated Press ©6062

WISCONSIN - Located far from any metroplex, just north of the state border with Illinois, a small town became the scene of a giant tourist influx as people from all over the Midwest drove to see Bong Recreation Park's newest attraction: Dandelions. Not just any Dandelions, but the Awakened Taraxacum colchis, the ten meter weed that literally began springing up after 2061. While scientists and botanists study the plant, visitors to the Park are awed by the gigantic weeds. "When you're driving up here, you can see the things way back. I thought they were just normal Dandelions, but they just kept gettin' bigger as we got closer," said one visitor who travelled to the park from Saint Louis. The Wisconsin Park District has said that the Awakened Dandelion pose a threat to the state's long time goal of prairie preservation, and, while they appreciate the revenue from tourists, the are working hard to eliminate the tree sized weeds.

CODE
Old news.
-> EdwardBirmingham

CODE
Wasn't there some kind of advertisement in the classifieds about a guy who deals in these kinds of things?
-> Epsilon

CODE
Plants is botany, not zoology.
-> BearHUGs

CODE
Shouldn't Grail be posting these kinds of things?  Is he even still around?
-> Breeder

CODE
He's taken off?  <<<<big grin>>>>  I mean, oh damn.
-> Skai Hai

CODE
I saw him swing by yesterday.
-> Kiki

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Mar 24 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #55

Shooting Target

14:01:17 Saturday 6th January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Personals

CODE
FURY!!!!! You no good slime. You double crossed the wrong people this time. Consider your time in the Metroplex nearly over. Do not bother responding to this ad, as we don't care to hear any more of your lame excuses.

CODE
NxQ+

CODE
Outside Underworld 93 late last night -- You had red hair, gold-colored cybereyes, concealed twin LD-120s. I had shaved head, "very" form-fitting body armor, leather flight jacket. We discussed wine. Lost your number, please call 2401-75-2301 and leave message.

CODE
INFORMATION SOUGHT:
Anyone with any information concerning a firefight outside Tommy Wong's during the lunch hour on Saturday, January 6th, please contact LTG 4206-74-9444. Any information will be rewarded accordingly.

CODE
NERPS!  For you! For them! For your car!

CODE
Young boy age 12 or so, Human, born in Seattle.  He's yours for 50 nuyen and a bottle of whiskey. I guarantee you wont see another deal like this. Inquire at the payphone at the corner of 5th and Elm Street.  Ask for "Fred"; I'll find you.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Mar 24 2005, 01:49 AM
Post #56

Shooting Target

22:21:02 Monday 08 January 2063

CODE
Single Female troll, 23, seeks mate of any race. You'll find me pleasant and charming. I seek a permanent relationship with lots of love and happiness. I will relocate for the right man.

CODE
A Special Thanks.
I was walking down 8th Avenue in the snow when a gang member assaulted me and stole my purse. A stranger apprehended this lost soul and recovered my purse, which contained the mission's government check. Sister Mary-Katherine.

CODE
TO RAGGS:
Blitz seyz hez gonna send da Steel Lynx, an' a mage if ya don't got da poker money Wednesday. Hope youz paid yer DocWagon bills -- Peaches SMASH ALL!!!

CODE
[ooc: in very competent Sperethiel]

What is life, when there is not love?
A bright sword flashing through the heart
Is not as cold, the lark's soft cry
Trembling through the crisp autumn sky.

Fog, gentle servant, drift quickly
O'er the cruel moon, the starry sky,
Rain, hide the soul's anguished cry!

Moonlight but mocks the thorn-pierced heart:
Erased of love, what purpose life?

//EXECUTE::BREAK

CODE
Huh.  Thought he was still on the east coast, but the trace shows up local.  Hey, Byron, you wouldn't happen to know anything about a certain flyswatter, would you?
-> Epsilon

CODE
I don't answer to you.
-> Byron

CODE
You just did.
-> EdwardBirmingham

CODE
Actually, that meant 'no'.  If he'd known anything, he wouldn't have said anything.
-> Jack-of

CODE
Buunda.  Fragging skilltwitching keeblering gumby komasuri hole.  You egrand'rohodo.   You jandering Kranston maneuver.  Get your gomasuri gomi off this site, you useless cestering ******** ****** ***********
-> Breeder

CODE
Hey, that was kind of poetic, Breeder.
-> Zapf Dingbats

CODE
So, Byron, who's the lucky person you're writing all these poems to?
-> Epsilon

+Quote Post
banditf50
post Mar 26 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #57

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,525

22:18:46 January 6th, 2063

SheepDog
Shadowland Seattle -> Current Events -> Seattle

POLICE DIGEST for January 6th, 2063

Deadly hit and run on Tacoma's west side:
Police are searching for the driver who struck and killed a 22-year old white male at approximently 20:10 this evening. Suspect is believed to be driving a black late-model BMW sedan with the first three characters of the license reading "LKM". Anyone with information on the suspect's identity or location is urged to call the task-force tip line
LTG: 925-332-9421

Shoot-out on the 18th block of Touristville-Redmond:
Shots broke out during the lunch time rush in front of Tommy Wong's restaurant. Witness statements report that two assailants exchanged gun fire and hostile magic with two individuals as they exited the restaurant. One attacker was killed during the exchange and the other critically injured, who is now in police custody. No names have been released by the police yet.

Officer killed during heightened bellevue drug violence:
Plainclothes officer Dan Mitchell of the bellevue street-crime division was found dead in an alley this morning on the 100th block of east bellevue. Officer Mitchell was one of the men spearheading the effort to reign in the current spike of suspected mob-controlled trafficking that has broken out in bellevue. Officer Mitchell is survived by his wife and two sons. A memorial is being held at St. Ignacious preceding funeral services at 3pm tomorrow.

CODE
Rest in peace Dan, men of your dedication and caliber are almost extinct today.  All of us feel the hole that someone has torn in our ranks, and it will not be forgotten.
->Sheepdog

CODE
You and me both Sheepdog.  Rest in peace Dan.  The streets were always a safer place when you were on the job.
->Watts

+Quote Post
The_Eyes
post Mar 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Post #58

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,235

07:39:20 Monday 08 January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Current Events -> CFS

CODE
Morning chummers. Just found this little snippet floating in my morning news digest. All you Children of the Matrix should be really happy about this one.

-Blondie

Child Computer Genius to Star in Upcoming Trid Film
LA Times, January 08, 2063

HOLLYWOOD - AOL-Time-Warner-Dreamworks Studios surprised the press yesterday with the announcement that the newest villain in the Sapphire trid film series will be a 15-year-old girl, one Jayna Reed. Asked whether she would be able to handle the technical aspects of the movie, Alyna herself dropped another bombshell by chuckling and responding that, "as a child of the Matrix, I'll probably find the technical aspects easier than the acting."
As you may or may not already know, the so-called "Children of the Matrix," known more often as Otaku, have the ability to...

CODE
So the little nerdlets are everywhere now. So what?
-Neal the Code Barbarian

CODE
Something the "little nerdlets" have been looking for is legitimacy. A movie deal like this may well help them be a more widely recognized as an actual subculture rather than just a bad joke.
-Blondie

CODE
Or it could make the misconceptions even worse, especially with her playing the villain. Remember that decker movie ten years ago? For months even some of my closest friends were convinced that people with decks could hack their brains and read their minds when they were online.
-Code Warrior

CODE
What, you mean you can't?
-Neal the Code Barbarian

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Mar 31 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #59

Shooting Target

22:41:08 January 6th, 2063

CODE
And me, Sheepdog, though I'm not much for words.  Did he leave a family?  Has a trust been set up?
-> SPD

CODE
The Seattle Spy noon report had the hit-and-run as being a lot older, and it was almost on SeaTac grounds.
-> Newshound

CODE
Different time.  Different accident.
-> Road Rage

CODE
Or maybe planted misinformation?  (Don't fry the messenger, Sheepdog!)
-> Skeptic

CODE
It's been a busy 24 hours for accidents.
-> Road Rage

CODE
Sheepdog, you're just pulling straight from the Lone Star press releases on these, aren't you?  I heard the critical case is still on DocWagon turf, because of the territoriality dispute between DocWagon and Lone Star over releasing that guy into custody.
-> Zapf Dingbats

CODE
Her decker friend messed him up.  He didn't get off a single shot.   Legally it's self defence, and DocWagon knows it.  The Star's got no case.
-> Hawkeye

CODE
What about possession and intent?
-> Legal Beagle

CODE
One word: permits.
-> You-Jay

CODE
I heard it was ten bullets the other guy punched into him before he went down, with military accuracy.
-> Epsilon

CODE
Now there's an oxymoron.
-> Hollowpoint

+Quote Post
bclements
post Apr 2 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #60

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,021

01:58:44 January 9 2063

CODE
Ok, got a question. Anyone happen to catch the small scale military engagement at an old Exxon-Mobile station near the Barrens earlier this evening? And more importantly, anyone know more about it than the shots being fired?
-Hillbilly

CODE
Small scale military engagement? Near the Barrens? Chummer, you really don’t get out here too much, do you? That’s like every fragging night on my block
-Cornice

CODE
No drek, chummer. I’ve been out in the Barrens a bit, and these guys were pros. Good small unit tactics, decent to high-end firearms, cybered up. And that’s just the guys I was with. The other side didn’t seem like it was poorer, if you catch my drift.
-Hillbilly

+Quote Post
grendel
post Apr 2 2005, 02:13 AM
Post #61

Prime Runner

02:05:23 January 9 2063

CODE
Got any other info?  Names?  Descriptions of weapons?  Images?  Gotta give us something more to work with than the description of an anonymous battle in the Barrens.

-> Hollowpoint

CODE
They were Vinnie's boys taking down an O'Malley safehouse.  The war's coming.  Better start taking sides.

-> Italian Stallion

CODE
Don't be a moron.  The mob doesn't operate safehouses in the Barrens.  All they do is dump bodies there, nothing else of profit lives in the Barrens.  The Mafia is all about the benjamins.  Besides, no one ever described Mafia soldiers as 'using small unit tactics'.  There is a war brewing, but this is just a sideshow.  Or someone else's fight.

-> Grassy Knoll

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 10 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #62

Shooting Target

04:28:17 Sunday 07 January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Seattle -> Current Events

Be the First in your Block to Help Blow Out the Electric Power Network of the Northwest

East Village Other is proud to announce the first annual blackout of Hugs Around The Earth, which is fixed for 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 11, 2063. Once more let me put the system to the test. Switch on all the electrical equipment you can lay hands on. Help the companies producing and distributing electric power to improve their balance sheets by consuming as much as you can; and even then find some way of using a bit more. In particular, switch on electric heaters, toasters, air conditioning, and any other apparatus with a high consumption. Refrigerators turned up to the maximum, with their doors left open, can cool down a large apartment in an amusing way. After an afternoon's consumption-spree we will meet in Kinnear Park to raise us some Kinnear.

TUNE IN! PLUG IN! BLOW OUT!

Hospitals and other emergency services are hereby warned, and invited to take necessary precautions.

CODE
This isn't a current event, so I'm bouncing it over to the new Agendas forum.  Go play with the other organisations.
-> Skai Hai

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Apr 10 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #63

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

21:45:00 Sunday 07 January 2063

Shadowland -> Seattle -> Personals

CODE

It is time to pay the piper Vinnie.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 11 2005, 01:25 AM
Post #64

Shooting Target

05:17:20 Sunday 07 January 2063

CODE
Girlz girlz girlz!!!  e-Zine dedicated to the Hot Skate Ladies who get out there and catch some air.  Check us out on the 'Trix: LTG SK8TRGIRLZ.

CODE
Apocolypse Seeks Fortune: You know what you owe me. I want what's rightfully mine and nothing more. Do NOT make me find you! Bring what is mine to the place where we first met at midnight Friday. Don't be late.

CODE
NERPS: Contents under pressure. Do not expose to excessive heat, vacuum, blunt trauma, immersion in liquids, disintegration, reintegration, hypersleep, humiliation, sorrow, or harsh language.

CODE
You knwo why we're looking for you, you will not escape. Doc Leroy.

CODE
Seeking the Truth?  Most people possess preconceived images --

And another one flies over to the Agendas forum.
-> Skai Hai

CODE
Because Your Worth It: Pr0n.biz Forums Forum Index, Pr0n.biz Forums Designed for her pleasure, Designed for His.  Large pix, low Mp I/O.  Forum for the Pr0n.biz amature contest.  Tr1xi3.

CODE
Good futures on olives - Stability

CODE
You know why we're looking for you, you will nto escape.  Doc Leroy.

CODE
Swan song. I remember a theatre, and flowers. You seem to have a lot on your mind lately. Let me take you where there are cool winds and long grasses. There is much we could discuss. A mouse says you need a friend right now. Have no fear that I will dropout. I will await you.

CODE
Seeking Talent for Tradeshow, Promo, and Runway Work, Lex Model Management.  Thousands of models and actors seeking representation daily.  Cash up front, chipjacks an asset.  LTG 2401-72-8272.

CODE
Don't ask how I know this, but that's a yak front.
-> Epsilon

CODE
All my street contacts suddenly dried up.  Thought it had something to do with that disease that's been going around the Barrens.  Then I heard Tina had answered one of these ads.
-> Italian Stallion

CODE
Tina -- she the chiphead brunette elf with legs up to ya-ya?
-> Code Warrior

CODE
Heard the yaks were recruiting for a new bunraku parlor up in Redmond.  I think your girl's made a major involuntary career move.
-> Cornice

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 11 2005, 02:10 AM
Post #65

Shooting Target

05:58:02 Sunday 07 January 2063

Shadowland Seattle -> Op-Ed -> Agendas

Seeking the Truth? Most people possess preconceived images about what that Truth will look like. They assume, for example, that finding the Truth will make them happy, successful, and healthy. They often believe that Truth will support their ego in its own expression and desire. They may think that Truth exists in order to make their life easier and support their own personal growth, personal empowerment, and assist them in obtaining enlightenment. People imagine that when they find the Truth it will be possible to turn it to their own ends, to utilise it for their own purposes.

Many people who seek Truth -- or what they conceive as Truth -- do not consider that it will challenge and ultimately tear down and demolish the very things that they seek to achieve by discovering the Truth! People seek the Truth to make themselves more powerful, to satisfy their personality, but Truth actually neutralises the power and agendas of the ego. People seek Truth to obtain enlightenment for themselves, but truth ultimately dissolves the ego-self in order that the enlightenment of Brotherhood may be realised.

Truth is, by its very nature, not the servant of the ego. Truth does not exist for the purpose of making individuals happy, successful, or healthy as isolated egos. What the individual, separate ego wants and desires is the opposite of Truth! Truth cannot be circumscribed by the bounds of the personality-consciousness. Truth leads souls back to the Universe via the dissolution of the ego-self. Truth, therefore, leads each person out of ego-consciousness into a transcendent Brotherhood. Many people imagine that Truth is their servant, but when Truth is found we inevitably become the servant of Truth -- a servant of the Universe.

Most people would rather be personally happy and safe in their I-ness than know the Truth. For the self-invested ego, the Truth is always frightening -- for the Truth demands extinction of the ego-self, ending of the personal life. For Truth is of the Universe, and to go to Truth is to become one with the Brotherhood of the Universe, to die to the personal nature and leave it behind forever.

This may be too difficult a course for many people to contemplate. The Universe often seems quite negative and "unloving". Thus all genuine Truth is labeled negative in order to protect the self from the inevitable. The ego must die, and thus Truth is a murderer, hostile. Our personal goals must be sacrificed for Truth, and thus Truth is regarded by most people as unkind. This civilisation will not last, and thus Truth is seen as a negative outlook on life.

Truth is a destroyer of the limited and selfish self, but people want to build upon their personal lives. They would imagine that they can seek Truth and obtain enlightenment while retaining many personal tendencies, preferences, desires and habits. Thus Truth is not really what most people seek, but lies. It is much easier to reject the Truth, cleaving instead to a semblance of Truth, a mere verisimilitude of Reality. People then pass diamonds on the wayside because they see only what they want to see based on their own personal ideas and preferences. How can they recognise what is really needed upon their journey towards the freedom of the Universe?

We are not really seeking Truth until we seek the death of self, until we can turn over our lives to the guidance of the Spirit within our hearts -- for there is no Truth to be found except in Brotherhood. In order to know the Universe we must surrender our I-ness to It. Truth denies mankind's highly-vaunted free will. This world is a temporary construct, no more. This world is a realm of suffering. It is easy to close our eyes and seek our individual comforts, but Truth reveals unhappiness and pain. In all ways, the meaning of Truth is twisted and distorted by those who would attain it for self.

No one can present the Truth in the world today to mankind at large, as it is, and expect it to be recognised or well-received. Like a pervasive fog, a thick veil has been thrown over mankind until their eyes not only no longer see the Truth but no longer even want to. It is easier to look down than up. People habitually regard their own feet rather than lifting their eyes upwards toward the Universe. Great thought-clouds of materialism, government, selfish spirituality and science ensnare and condition the human mind from infancy and into adulthood, and few are capable of resisting the mesmeric power of the amassed and congealed thought-forms of billions of people and their hidden masters in the subtle realms. It takes a strong mind to resist human culture, and then a still stronger heart to give that mind over to Brotherhood.

Those world-weary souls who acknowledge their spiritual poverty and pain at being separated from the Universe; those who want release from this world and the body; those who cry out deeply for liberation and Brotherhood; will naturally begin to invite the Truth into their lives, because only then will the Spirit know that we are ready and that the time is ripe. Then the doors of the Universe will open, the Light will shine, and the Truth will be able to commence its work of beneficent transmutation and ultimate dissolution of the self, in order to set us free.

There are, relative to the human population, exceedingly few friends of Truth in the world today; so few in fact that they can hardly be found on this planet. There are few who can see through the veils and mists of this darkened Earth to see the value and absolute necessity of Truth with regard to their Liberation and true, lasting Happiness. There are few who can accept the Truth as it is without having it diluted, distorted and made more palatable for the ego's tastes and sensitivities.

Won't you be one of them?

+Quote Post
Morgannah
post Apr 14 2005, 12:46 AM
Post #66

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,386

02:45 January 6, 2063
Socialite

Shadowland Seattle -> Current Events -> Entertainment

All right ladies, gents, boys, girls, and everyone else that's lurking around here on a perfectly good Saturday night:

I know it’s late.

I know you’re tired.

I need you to forget all that for one second and come to the Paradigm Shift. Now. Events don’t get more current than this and if you’re worried about travelling in the Barrens at this time of night all I have to tell you is that it’d be even more dangerous to stay away because EVERYONE is either here, standing in line, or on their way. The beautiful, the powerful, the dangerous .. you heard me, kids, we’re ALL here and kore is tearing this place apart. Never heard of them? You will after tonight.

Come. Now. Bring a friend.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 14 2005, 03:35 AM
Post #67

Shooting Target

13:05:17 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE
Got a question about shadowrunning and legwork and things.  Actually, got a lot of questions.  Can I ask them here?  I don't know where else to post it.
-> Newchum

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Apr 14 2005, 03:40 AM
Post #68

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

13:08:17 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE

Sure kid, ask away, it's still a free shadowland. No one may answer though.

->Eclipse

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 14 2005, 03:48 AM
Post #69

Shooting Target

13:09:17 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE
Okay, say you're going on your first run.  What's the sort of things a guy should be looking for?
-> Newchum

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 14 2005, 05:03 PM
Post #70

Shooting Target

13:09:49 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE
Am I asking this wrong?  Is anyone home?  I really need some help with this!
-> Newchum

+Quote Post
The_Eyes
post Apr 16 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #71

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,235

13:09:49 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE
Yeah, first thing you look for is a 'Star officer, tell em you're up to something, and let'em drag you in. Newb.
-> Neal the Code Barbarian

CODE
Much as I hate to say it, Neal's got a point. First rule of paranoia is be careful what questions you ask. For instance, with your first question we can tell you're up to something; with the second we can tell it's going to be soon. Because of this every corp decker and his brother's going to be tracing your jackpoint, bugging your SIN, hacking your Gridguide transponder, and sleeping with your girlfriend to find out what. The best thing is, all that's automatic thanks to the wonders of our modern technocracy.
-> Code Warrior

CODE
Oh lay off the guy. You're scaring him.
-> Hawkeye

CODE
He *needs* scaring. It's a scary world out there.
-> Code Warrior

CODE
Maybe the guy's not so new, think of that? Maybe the guy's a corper, looking for names of the real pros by seeing who responds intelligently for his threat database.
-> Skeptic

CODE
Guess they're not gettin' you, eh?
-Neal the Code Barbarian

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 16 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #72

Shooting Target

13:12:11 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE
Yeah, guess you guys have a point, though it kind of means I'm screwed before I start.  K, let's try a different question.  Say you're trying to find someone and all you've got is one clue.  You're saying not to give away too much here so all I'll say is that it's a physical clue, like a piece of paper.  Where would you start?
-> Newchum

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 16 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #73

Shooting Target

03:02:52 Saturday 06 January 2063

Do you remember, Vinnie, back in our school days, how you used to tease me about being upchucked up by a whale? It's raining fire, Vinnie, hoo ka ga senka naru, and I need protection bad -- yoroshiku onegai shimasu, tasukete kure?

+Quote Post
bclements
post Apr 16 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #74

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,021

13:12:51 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE

You know a mage? That's one really great way to track someone if you have a pic or something. It can get expensive, especially if you don't have any favors to call in.

And, before you ask: no, I don't know one you can use. Pull out the old psec and start dialing. Most this business, hell, most of life, is knowing the right people.

-Hillbilly

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 16 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #75

Shooting Target

13:12:53 Saturday 06 January 2063

CODE
But what if it's not a picture?  I'm not even sure if he's ever touched it.  And it's kind of old.  Would that still work?  Everyone says mages are expensive.  I'd hate to hire one, then find out I've thrown my money away.
-> Newchum

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.