Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ultimate in Drone Based Security
Lucyfersam
post Aug 16 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,137

All this talk about anthroforms, and I just had to toss my own 2 cents worth in. The following is a drone that I designed as a new Renraku security drone based on the technology found in the arcology. One of the primary purposes of this drone is to replace cyberzombies, as I consider them to be insane investments that very few corps would be willing to make, both in money and in morals (yes corps are amoral entities, but decisions still come from individuals who may have a problem with the concept of cybermancy). Thus, the Yojimbo Executive Class Protection Drone.

Chassis: Large Anthroform
Handling: 2
Speed:40
Accel: -
Body: 3
Armor: 8
Signature: 6
Robotic Pilot: 5
Fuel:60 (Fuel Cell)
Economy: 1
Sensor: 6
Cargo: 0
Load: 50
Other Options: Contingency Maneuver Controls 6, Smart Materials, Fuzzy Logic Augmentation 3, improved Neural Network Algorithms 5, Robotic Reflexes 3, Clear Sight Autosoft 5, sharpshooter Autosoft 3, Swordplay Autosoft 4. Cyberarm submachine gun, cyberarm shotgun.

The Yojimbo has the most advanced robotic systems on the market, capable of understanding approaching a human level withing it's specified areas of operation, and more capable than a zoned out cyberzombie. Its price tag is extremely high at 10 mil :nuyen:, but well worth it for a long term reliable top end security force. Manufactured in extremely limited quantity for the very top level of security installations, the Yojimbo represents the new pinnacle of security. Renraku's new Swordplay Autosoft both plays off of the style of the samurai looking drone, and the practicality of having a security drone that can remove a threat without the risk of bullets damaging sensative equipment.

Rumor of it hit the streets and it rapidly becoming the new bogey man of the shadowrunner community. If a run fails, people claim the site had a Yojimbo and it tore through them. In actuality the Yojimbo has been slow to catch on, both because of it's high price tag, and fear of it's incredibly advanced robotic systems. People fear the robots will go crazy, like Deus, and start killing everyone, so sales have been slow, but are starting to pick up.

I used the Rigger 3 rules as a base, making some slight adjustments as I saw fit given that it was constructed using recovered Deus technology. Most runners will never, ever run into something of this high a level. Yes it's crazy powerful, I've recently seriously upped the power level of my players, and they're not quite ready to face one of these, but eventually they weill be, and it should be one hell of a fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Aug 16 2004, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Do you realize that a Body 3 anthroform is pretty frelling huge? Here's a decent (and cheaper) Body 2 anthroform that I cooked up a while ago. It's a little more practical and can blend in with the populace a lot easier than a Body 3 one can, thus can fill the role of a bodyguard or a hunter a lot easier. But my opinion might be a bit biased. I dunno.

Mitsuhama Men-in-Black

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Aug 16 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

As the Doc said, keep in mind that this thing is the size of a car. If that's what you're going for, great, just making sure you're not thinking this will be human-sized.

~J

+Quote Post
Lucyfersam
post Aug 16 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Where does the claim that it is the size of a car come from? I read the description of anthroforms, and it gives no indication of size, so I was figuring the medium to be about human sized and the large to be about troll sized.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Aug 16 2004, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Rigger 3, p. 62.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Aug 16 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #6

Manus Celer Dei

Expanding on the above, it gives sample weights and sizes for various vehicles. You could, however, extrapolate from the fact that cars are nearly universally Body 3.

Essentially, Body 1=toaster, Body 2=dwarf or human, Body 3=car, Body 4=van, Body 5=big van or short bus, Body 6=bus or truck, so on and so forth.

~J

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Aug 16 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Actually it specifically mentions drones relative to metahuman sizes. Body 1 is dwarf-sized, Body 2 is human and troll sized.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Aug 16 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #8

Manus Celer Dei

Hm. Average? I'm pretty sure B1 can get down to toaster...

~J

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Aug 16 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #9

Immortal Elf

I was referring to metahuman comparisons. It specifically mentions all three of those standard sizes for drones and their Body rating.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Aug 17 2004, 12:41 AM
Post #10

Manus Celer Dei

Yep, I remember the section in question.

Ah well. Senility before the age of 20, I weep!

~J

+Quote Post
Lucyfersam
post Aug 17 2004, 06:15 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Had forgotten that table, car sized is a wee bit too huge, ah well.

+Quote Post
GunnerJ
post Aug 20 2004, 01:56 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,634

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Do you realize that a Body 3 anthroform is pretty frelling huge? Here's a decent (and cheaper) Body 2 anthroform that I cooked up a while ago. It's a little more practical and can blend in with the populace a lot easier than a Body 3 one can, thus can fill the role of a bodyguard or a hunter a lot easier. But my opinion might be a bit biased. I dunno.

Mitsuhama Men-in-Black

Did you goof on the autosoft prices? You have Clearsight and Sec. Proc. costing 30,000 nuyen for rating 5 (each). But Rigger 3 says the prices of an autosoft is equal to it's MP * 250. With a multiplier of 6, a rating 5 Clearsight autosoft will take up 150 MP of memory and thus cost 37,500 nuyen on its own. Is there something I'm missing in the errata or elsewhere? (Also, does the price seem a bit high to anyone else? The Autosoft Interpretation hardware costs 250 design points, which on an anthroform costs 10000 nuyen. A single autosoft program costs over three times that much, it would seem.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:19 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.