Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick Spirit Question, Banishing and Disruption
Grimtooth
post Aug 17 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,430

In a game i ran over the weekend, i was using a free spirit NPC that was kinda like magical backup for the pc's.

An unseen battle between the spirit and an NPC mage ensued. I told the pc's that they could "feel" spirit leave. Don't ask, long story.

Now i know its not likely the mage banished the spirit. So how does disruption work?

Does banishment to a free spirit kill it permanenetly or does disruption kill it permanently?

If he's not dead how can the pc's resummon him?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Aug 17 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

If the free spirit got disrupted it is gone 28-force days (it's in MitS) unless the pc does an astral quest to the spirits metaplane to get it back sooner(rating of quest = Spirits force)

I think i got that right....

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Aug 17 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,465

IIRC, you can't really "kill" a sprit of any kind, only make it take a vacation of sorts...I think there was an exception, but I can't remember atm.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Aug 17 2004, 07:32 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Deadly Physical damage to the spirit's astral form will permanently destroy a spirit. Just about anything short of that (including Deadly Physical damage to its materialized form) only disrupts it.

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Aug 17 2004, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

My related question would be, what happens to those spirits that are merely disrupted, but usually have a hard time getting to our plane (e.g. bugs).

If I'm a bug shaman, and I summon a true form, it gestates in the human, then eats him/her, and that supposedly provides the bug some sort of anchor to this world. But if I disrupt the spirit, and it goes back to the bug astral plane, can it get back after its 28 days are done?

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Aug 17 2004, 11:08 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Flesh forms are not treated like other spirits. True forms don't need a human host. Since true form bugs don't have the additional mortality of a host, they can reform themselves in the home plane just as other spirits.

[edit]On rereading the intro, yes true forms do need to use a host for a bit, but then seem to obey all the normal spirit rules.

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Aug 18 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

What about flesh forms? They're tied to the host body, so if I give one deadly stun damage it's knocked out, not dispelled, right?

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Aug 18 2004, 04:12 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

Yup, IIRC that is.

You have to destroy the physical form (D Physical Damage), then it's gone I believe, but at least it's gone for good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:43 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.