> Salvation, Making the world a better place
WinterRat1
post Sep 16 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #101

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,260

0113 January 5, 2063 - the back room at Blink's Grill

Durin looks over at the elf known as Blink. Blink is blinking rapidly. "I'll have the halfer special and the elf piss. Halfer special. Huh, never thought I'd see the day I'd hear THAT and not get offended." Looking over at Avalanche, he adds, "But comin' from you, I guess it's ok. So how about it cowboy," he says as he hands his menu to Blink, "you ready to order or what?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neophyte Overlor...
post Sep 17 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #102

Target

Member No.: 6,471

The Back Post
0107 January 5, 2063 - the back room at Blink's Grill

"I've got lots of skills, but I'm mostly called upon for muscle, and I've got the augmentation to back it up."

Durin then turns to address Avalanche directly, "Sorry brother, but you just look so pale and sickly I assumed you were a malnourished human. I know a doc that could help you out there."

+Quote Post
Shev
post Sep 17 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #103

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,949

Back post
0108 January 5, 2063 - the back room at Blink's Grill

Having endured years of much harsher treatment, Avalanche shrugged off Durin's comment. "Actually, some of my friends like to call me a three/fourthser because of my height. Sometimes it's handy to be mistaken for being human, sometime not. As for the sickly bit, it's from too much exposure to sunlight. Bit like constant allergies. You get used to it."

Nice guy. Typical muscle dwarf type, think's he's gotta prove that his member is larger than he is.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 18 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #104

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,546

0115 January 5, 2063 - the back room at Blink's Grill

"Maybe a bit more time, Tin Star san?" suggests Alleycat, looking up again from her chip. "If you change your mind and do decide to order later, this gentleman will return in any case with the food and drink, hai? but by then we will have seasoned it with discussion. Enjoyment should be measured by accomplishment."

She nods to Blink with that gently teasing smile, kind, understanding, but nevertheless a dismissal.

+Quote Post
Shev
post Sep 18 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #105

Moving Target

0115 January 5, 2063 - the back room at Blink's Grill

Blink blinks a bit. "Er, yes. I would be more than happy to take your order when I, er, come back later Mr., ah, Mr. Tin Star. If any of you need anything, let me know." With his usual nervous smile, Blink backs out the door, closing it behind him.

Avalanche's stomach growls loudly. "I hope he gets food soon. But yes, on to planning. Let's recap. We got a myself, a combat decker, Miss Cheng, a decker and rigger, Blaze, a Leopard shaman, Tin Star, our muscle, Durin, more muscle, and Alleycat, a bit of a Jill-of-all-trades. We have a strong mix here. Just one thing I'd like to clarify: Alleycat, you said you knew how to watch over someone gone astral. I would like to know, are you magically active yourself?"

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 18 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #106

Shooting Target

0117 January 5, 2063 - the back room at Blink's Grill

Now that Blink was gone ...

"Well," she temporised, hesitant, "I can usually sort of sense things about people, like I'd see it, you know? That's why I know what to watch for when someone's gone astral. And I've always had pretty good hearing so I can pick out exactly where someone is even when it's pitch-black -- but then again I don't listen at volume to Darwin's Bastards, you know?" Another hesitation, considering. "So I guess the answer to your question would be yes."

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Sep 18 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #107

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,242

0117 January 5, 2063 - the back room at Blink's Grill

"So ka." Cheng nodded in understanding. "Alleycat, if we choose to do what we can to destroy the camp and get many of those detained there out, leaving you behind in the boy's place would most likely be suicide. Besides which, how would you get out again? From what I've seen of the camp's information so far, their defenses are meant to keep people in."

Her gaze swept around the room. "What about the rest of you? Get the detainees out and do what we can to destroy the camp, or simply rescue the target?"

+Quote Post
paul_HArkonen
post Sep 18 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #108

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,295

0117 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Gril

Blaze looks over at Cheng as he responds, "my preference would be to get our target out, shut down the camp, and bring home as many people as possible. I want to help these people out." looking over at Alleycat Her uncertainty explains the fuzyness of her aura, I wonder how well she can actually watch the astral plane, or what she could do if I got into trouble. "Um, Alleycat, you can watch the astral plane, is there anything you can do, to your knowledge to affect it? I just mean it is useful to have someone watch over my back, but if I get into trouble, could you help out or would I have to evac to my meat?"

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 19 2004, 02:34 PM
Post #109

Shooting Target

0118 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

"I don't know. If you mean can I project astrally, I don't think so. But if you bring something near enough, I might be able to help out." She shrugged a little. "It's never come up before."

+Quote Post
paul_HArkonen
post Sep 19 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #110

Moving Target

0118 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill
Well, that makes me feel nice and safe away from my meat, oh well, at least she can tell the team when to ditch my body. Blaze nods slightly, "and hopefully it won't come up anytime soon."

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 19 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #111

Shooting Target

0119 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

She stared at him, her eyes unreadable behind the mirrored visor.

Does he expect me to say something more? I answered his question, and my idea's been shot down as suicidal. I don't agree, but if that's what they want to think, I'll go along with it. I'd better let the others do most of the talking anyway, go along with whatever they decide. If I can pull a rabbit out of a hat when they need it, wouldn't that be better anyway?

+Quote Post
paul_HArkonen
post Sep 20 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #112

Moving Target

0119 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

Blaze looked around, the lighting of the room playing lightly off his shades. "Since we don't like the idea of slipping Alleycat in on her own, what is our plan? the only real plan I can offer would be to blow open a hole in the compound and try to have everyone run out through it, but some how I don't think that would work so well. I do better in dealing with the astral, or hit jobs, neither of which this really is, so my apologies in advanced."

+Quote Post
Shev
post Sep 20 2004, 01:45 AM
Post #113

Moving Target

0120 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

"Well, we have two deckers on the team. Between Miss Cheng and myself, we could do quite a bit of work on their system if we wanted to. Everything from opening gates to supressing alamrs, opening doors, you get the idea. Also, trashing the place becomes a lot easier when you have access to all it's funtions." Avalanche pauses. "I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, however. First, we'll have to see if the place is hooked up to the outside Matrix, which it most likely isn't. However, if it is, we might be able to wrangle up some superuser accounts and get a lot more info than we have right now. Worth a look, at least."

Avalanche looks over at Lady Cheng. "After this meeting, do you want to check out the matrix over there? I'm sure the People's University would be more than willing to assist us."

+Quote Post
paul_HArkonen
post Sep 20 2004, 01:53 AM
Post #114

Moving Target

120 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

Blaze leans back in his chair, "If you can't connect from the outside, I would be able to find a connection inside, either from the astral or in person later, if that is needed."

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 20 2004, 02:06 AM
Post #115

Shooting Target

0121 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

"There's always dataline taps," said Alleycat, her voice sounding puzzled that no one had already said that.

+Quote Post
Shev
post Sep 20 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #116

Moving Target

0121 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

"What I meant, Alleycat, was a question of being able to access the camp's host via the outside matrix. As in, Miss Cheng and I being able to hack into their system from right here. If it is isolated, however, all the dataline taps in the world won't do any good unless we are actually on-site."

+Quote Post
Neophyte Overlor...
post Sep 21 2004, 04:36 PM
Post #117

Target

0122 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

"I'm in favor of completing all objectives, even if we don't bring everyone back here we can at least let them out."

Durin then gestures to Allycat,

"If the lass thinks she could take the boys place, couldn't she infitrate the place to get some inside info? You know find the target first, or even get you that inside dataline tap? I'm sure they won't notice one more pointy ear walking about. Heck, I'll even go in with her if she needs some one to guard her skinny backside."

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Sep 22 2004, 07:09 AM
Post #118

Dragon

0123 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

Alleycat shrugs softly. Exhaling a bit of smoke, she replies, "If my suggestion is unfeasible, I'm willing to go along with a different plan."

Looking over at Lady Cheng, she inquires politely, "Do you have a plan for our next course of action?"

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Sep 23 2004, 06:33 AM
Post #119

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

0124 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

When the time to order food had come, Steele had simply gestured to Blink that he'd be passing for the moment. Wasn't that he didn't need food, or trust the food here, he just didn't want the distraction. And so he'd listened quietly to the conversing, and to the planning to the moment, and when the call for an alternate comes, he clears his throat. Removing his hat and setting it upon the table, he smiles.

`Seems to me our biggest problem is a lack of intel at this point, which has been adressed already. Much as I'm inclined to believe in the honesty of a man, I also know anyone who relies on the legwork of another blindly is asking for trouble. So if I may, perhaps we need an insider.`

He lets the suggestion linger a moment, before extracting a cigarillo from somewhere about his person, and a lighter to match.

`Now, you're all probably wondering what I mean, or who I intend to bribe... well I don't intend to bribe anyone. It ain't honest, which might seem odd, but I like to do things at least a bit of the honest way.`

He puts the cigarillo to lip, and lights it. Taking a pull, he speaks as the smoke trails from his mouth.

`I've got a legit record that leaves me rather recently unemployed, and I've done my share of guarding, so perhaps I might end up going the way of California, and seeing about signing on with prison detail. Seems to me the Gen'ral's got other concerns for his military boys, so he might just have a spot open for an old Texan who it seems people think shares his mindset with regards to pointy ears and tusks. Would give us an inside view, and a gun on the inside for when we decide to make our move.`

+Quote Post
paul_HArkonen
post Sep 23 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #120

Moving Target

0125 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

Blaze looked studiously at the "cowboy", light glinting menacingly around his shades. "If you're willing to go for that we could use that kind of inside man. I can check out the place for a general idea astrally, but if we can get you in there that would be for the best."

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Sep 24 2004, 05:11 AM
Post #121

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

0126 January 5, 2063 - the back groom at Blink's Grill

`I've done my share of undercover work, so it shouldn't be so hard. Just a matter of acting how they expect you to.`

He takes a draw off of the cigarillo, looking to the others.

`As for transit, might I suggest either some form of boat, or long haul trucks... later might be a pain on borders, but less conspicuous in the long run.`

+Quote Post
paul_HArkonen
post Sep 26 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #122

Moving Target

Blaze nods, light glinting off his shades, "the trucks sound like a good idea, it lets those of us with other transportation to bring it with us, and can carry large numbers of people anywhere."

+Quote Post
Neophyte Overlor...
post Sep 28 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #123

Target

Durin stops watching the door for the food and turns to Tin Star, "Being in with the guards would be good, especially if we add that to a team inside the camp, I got a head radio so coordination shouldn't be a problem. The trouble with a truck is we'll be crossing a few boarders with what comes down to illegal immigrants. Now I can get us back into Seatle with them, but I'm not to sure about the other boarders, maybe, maybe not."

"Now where's that pointy ear with the food?"

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Sep 28 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #124

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,242

0126 January 5, 2063

"It's not so much that it's unfeasible... simply that leaving one of our own behind entails its own problems. If we have retrieved this individual, keeping him in the vicinty while we support your efforts increases the risk to all involved." Cheng's lips thinned in a grimace. "I've heard the stories about Yomi Island, and my concern is that this place will be little better."

She cocked her head to one side. "As to the crossing of borders, I do have access to a boat of considerable size. It would easily be able to transport all of us, but transporting the hundreds of detainees by that method would be beyond my capabilities."

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Sep 28 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #125

Dragon

0127 January 5, 2063 - The Back ROOM at Blink's Grill

Almost on cue Blink knocks, halting the conversation. He enters and quickly and discreetly brings everyone's food and drinks before exiting once more. The burgers live up to their endorsement from the menu, and not only taste great, but somehow also seem less filling. Interesting.

The Tir Mist is similarly enjoyable, leaving the crew with that warm and happy glow from being well fed. Conversation comes to a temporary halt as they shovel the food and drink into their mouths.

As the pace slows down, Alleycat offers in response to the earlier question about truck driving skills, "I know my way around a few vehicles, but the type of trucks you're probably talking about are more than likely beyond my experience, especially if we run into trouble."

She leans back and takes a sip of her Tir Mist, simple yet inscrutable behind her shades and calm, yet faceless expression.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 01:09 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.