Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOTA 2063 comments
Haereticus
post Sep 3 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,355

Ironic as it is, I've just purchased SOTA 2063 and am now reading it. Does anyone know who I can address comments about the text?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrostyNSO
post Sep 3 2004, 04:41 AM
Post #2

Resident Legionnaire

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,550

Hell, just put them here, I'd love to hear what you've got to say since I havn't gotten the book yet.

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Sep 3 2004, 05:43 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,560

QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
Hell, just put them here, I'd love to hear what you've got to say since I havn't gotten the book yet.

Ditto.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Sep 3 2004, 07:35 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 185

Since the SOTA63 sub-Forum is no longer active (the book is about wee old now) and the one going up soon will be especifically on SOTA64, this is probably the place ot post your comments and thoughts on the previous release.

+Quote Post
Black Isis
post Sep 3 2004, 02:29 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,151

Hrm, where did you get SOTA 2063? I'd like to get a copy, but my usual place is out of stock and Ebay is taunting me with nothing.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Sep 3 2004, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

QUOTE (Black Isis)
Hrm, where did you get SOTA 2063? I'd like to get a copy, but my usual place is out of stock and Ebay is taunting me with nothing.

Indeed.

+Quote Post
Kesh
post Sep 4 2004, 04:05 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,958

I just wish FanPro could get their stuff up on DTRPG. I'd love to download some of these books, since I can't find them in bookstores. Practically the only thing I can find anywhere is the BBB.

+Quote Post
sidartha
post Sep 4 2004, 07:34 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,025

Mind you I don't own the book myself I've just read over the shoulders of those who do. So take what I say with a pinch of salt.
My impression is that there is a lot of GM oriented ware and gear. All the Genetech is beta grade at least, lots of heavy miltech vehicles like Abrams tank heavy, plenty of potental plot hooks and flavor text.
On the other hand the metamagic techniques are da bomb, flavor text is always a good thing and it has plenty of little things that make breaking the law so much easier.
In all a good book for someone in the group to have but unless your playing a mercenary campaign or just an evil GM(is there any other kind?) it's not really nessisary like CC or MITS.
My 2 :nuyen:

+Quote Post
Lucyfersam
post Sep 5 2004, 05:20 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,137

It has some good stuff for corp security and mercenaries, the metamagic section is quite good, and while the gene tech is listed as being betaware at least, it can easily be worked into a lower level campaign, a street doc with a bit of genetics know-how, may be a bit more dangerous, have a few side effects, but hey, what doesn't?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.