IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happens to the sensoric center of a brain...,, ... if it's fed with multiplexed videos.
With multiplexed video streams the brain will...
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Marquel
post Sep 3 2004, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,784

My GM and me had a discussion on the effects of multiplexing two videostreams before feeding them into a humans data jack. Purpose is to have the data stream from a car steering (that's not a riggerunit!) mixed with a video from a camera mounted in the same car. I told him, I'd build a box which is switching at high speed between car steering and camera. There would be no need to "demultiplex" the channel from brain to steering as the camera wouldn't receive any commands.

We haven't found any documentation about such a thing. So what would you think? Is this possible or would the multiplexer burn the connected brain?

Greetings,
Marquel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Sep 3 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #2

Jesus Freak

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,274

Well, first you'd need an Image Link installed in the eye. Then the Image Link could just open both feeds as seperate windows in your field of vision.

edit: I voted both feeds, but it has nothing to do with the frequency, it is about having an Image Link to process the seperate video feeds.

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Sep 3 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

I think there'd already be mechanisms in place to do something along these lines. (I imagine it'd be a touch more complex than simply multiplexing the streams, though.) Think it terms of the HUDs that fighter jocks or military attack chopper pilots use. Or, hell, even in terms of an extra window open up on your desktop. Or, better yet, picture in picture on your TV.

Using a system like that, it'd be much like watching two football games at once. Yeah, you can do it, but most people will end up missing some of the fine points of both things they're trying to watch.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Sep 3 2004, 09:41 PM
Post #4

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Member No.: 178

Basically, you're discussing datajack control of a car. And since you get video streams from the sensors, in all directions, I'd say that there's no problem with what you're asking.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Sep 3 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #5

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

I think you're overcomplicating things. Install a datajack port: gain access to vehicle sensors (which include cameras) and drive with a +1 Reaction.

+Quote Post
MrSandman666
post Sep 5 2004, 09:32 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,270

Ok, thanks for pointing this out Kanada. I'm the GM and I dug a bit deeper into the Rigger 3 book, following all the cross-references this time and it indeed says that you get access to all the sensors. So thanks for clearing that out. No need to build a fancy little box that doesn't come with any rules attached...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th October 2024 - 10:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.