> Sperethiel Question, AH or anyone...
rlemansky
post Sep 15 2004, 08:11 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,591

Greetings.

I seem to recall an Elvish phrase that was the name of a GameShow in the Sixth World. It had a couple of translations, but one of them was 'Keeper in the Monkey House'-or something to that effect. If I recall, the phrase also had a more derogatory connotation. I'd thought that I'd seen it on AH's (most excellent) site, but I can't locate it.

Oddly, the way my real life is these days, I'd love to have that phrase, if only to mutter under my breath when things get out of hand (ya gotta love teaching massage and bodywork, dontcha know).

Anyone able to help?

TIA

R
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pthgar
post Sep 15 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,642

It can be fopund in "Shadowbeat P.32 & 33 "Glerethiel Morkham Shoam". It means "Kepper in the Monkey House" or "Inbreeding Causes Stupidity" and another meaning that is untranslateable but very "filthy". It was a sitcom about an Elf lord and his trials at having to put up with his idiot human servants. Kind of Like "Green Acres" with a meta-racist slant.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Sep 15 2004, 10:49 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Right. The third translation involves the word "morkhan" which is "fornicator with swine."

[/edit] Note: Dammit, I /thought/ I had that on there. Oh well, I'll get to it right after I finish the Artifex page. Thanks.

+Quote Post
RangerJoe
post Sep 15 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,897

Gives whole new meaning to the show "Morkhan Mindy."

+Quote Post
rlemansky
post Sep 15 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 4,591

Thanks for the quick response. You've no idea how much that helps-and, being IN (not FROM) West Virginia, the other translation is hilarious (and, all to appropriate at times, it seems).

Ranger Joe-that's just wrong. I love it.

Thanks again,

R

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:23 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.