Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updating New Seattle, "Only a little"
Nomad
post Oct 1 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #1

The Wandering One

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 135

While working on a a part-time decker character, I went back to look at the Cross Babel Cyberdeck which states that it has a built-in programming shop (a useful feature for the beginning decker).

However, since the decking rules have changed since that was published, I am suggesting a fix of a built-in programming suite of 3. Does this seem appropriate or is it over-powered?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 2 2004, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

Name: Programming Suite Rating [3]
Availability: 2/7days
Cost: 13500
Street Index: 1
Multiplier: 15
Book.Page: mat.79

What page is the Babel on?

[edit] Wait, isn't it in Corporate Download, not New Seattle?

+Quote Post
Nomad
post Oct 2 2004, 03:41 AM
Post #3

The Wandering One

Dang it, thats what I get for binding my books together.......it is in Corporate Download.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 5 2004, 12:40 AM
Post #4

Beetle Eater

Seeing how I never remember to check things once I get home, can someone post the cost and such for this? Amazingly, it's not in NSRCG yet, or that I could see.

+Quote Post
Nomad
post Oct 5 2004, 02:05 AM
Post #5

The Wandering One

Its base cost is 70,000 with an MPCP of 5

The advantages it has over the Sony CTY 360-D is that it has 1,000 Mp in both storage and active memory, casing (barrier 3), and the built-in programming shop (under V.R.2 rules).

The downside is that it has no responce increase and a hardening of 2.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 5 2004, 02:25 AM
Post #6

Beetle Eater

Well, once you do all the math to recreate the cyberdecks (and trying to hedge the difference between listed cost and build cost), you get a difference in cost of 2900¥, which covers a rating 1 suite and just maybe the component cost of making that integral as opposed to eating up part of the cyberdecks memory. However, a Rating 1 Suite is rather weak, and thus I'd allow it at Rating 2 but require it be loaded into listed memory as a balance (it's still a steal with the price of the Programming Suite).

Also, is there a reson the build cost of decks is so very different from the list? Using the Ccoc program to make the cyberdecks they cost 51,450 and 48,550 respectfully to build, yet are both listed at 70,000¥; what am I missing?

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 5 2004, 02:33 AM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

In a fit of mathmatics, the other possible comaprison is 85,300 vs 77,100¥ with a difference of 8,200 meaning a Rating 2 Suite built in is in order.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:02 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.