Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Master Shedim powers, Regeneration
toturi
post Oct 7 2004, 12:58 AM
Post #1

Canon Companion

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,187

I can't seem to find the thread on master shedim powers, but my search-fu has been weak. Anyway, I was re-reading Threats 2(again) and I saw that Master Shedim can make full use of their host's implants. But they have Regeneration. Shouldn't their implants have all fallen out?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 7 2004, 01:00 AM
Post #2

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

Maybe we're reading Regen all wrong. Who knows? It's definately something that should be addressed with the new critter book coming out.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 7 2004, 01:06 AM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

I consider Master Shedim to regenerate in a fairly unique manner, in that they return the body to a previous state, but they choose the state based on the memories of the host they take, to the point just before death occurred or to just before the injuries that caused death occurs, ect. They have something akin to control over the power, unlike that of most other creatures with it. That's how I read the text from Threats 2; Master Shedim are designed to take hosts and mimic them perfectly.

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Oct 7 2004, 01:08 AM
Post #4

Jesus Freak

Member No.: 6,274

That is so messed up. I love it, but its messed up.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 7 2004, 01:12 AM
Post #5

Beetle Eater

Beyond just implants you have to consider scars and all other physical injuries. Doesn't it state that Master Shedim powers are unique? Or is that in YotC and Shedim in general? Also, Critters states that not all powers work the same and not all critters have the same powers, ect.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Oct 7 2004, 01:13 AM
Post #6

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Regen, but no Regen. Sometimes I really think they should send the Game Info text to some of our resident rules lawyers (ME!) to proof read before they send it to print.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Oct 7 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

You, OurTeam, and Doctor Funk could all apply for the job. You'll all have your work cut out when I start publishing! :D

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 7 2004, 01:17 AM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

normal shedim can't regenerate any damage accrued prior to the host's death. i imagine the master shedim's power works basically the same way, but master shedim can push their power slightly beyond its natural limits--hence the possibility of mental and physical flaws.

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Oct 7 2004, 01:25 AM
Post #9

Traumatizing players since 1992

Member No.: 220

No by canon if someone with ware starts to regenerate they keep the ware, as long as they had it before they started to regenerate. See Nemesis NPC waaaay back in 1st ed. This has never been contradicted since then so it still stands.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 7 2004, 01:33 AM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

yes, but read the description of the shedim power in YotC. shedim regeneration doesn't affect any damage that occured before the host died--including cyberware. master shedim regeneration obviously has some of the same limitations, or the cyber would be ejected--and if it were automatically ejected, the passage in there about being able to use cyberware wouldn't be there.

+Quote Post
Zenmaxer
post Oct 7 2004, 01:36 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,682

QUOTE (BitBasher @ Oct 6 2004, 08:25 PM)
No by canon if someone with ware starts to regenerate they keep the ware, as long as they had it before they started to regenerate. See Nemesis NPC waaaay back in 1st ed. This has never been contradicted since then so it still stands.

This is accurate, and it can make vampires sickeningly absurd. Never. NEVER. let the sammie get bitten. As for shedim, I was under the impression that they did regen the body to some slight extent, enough to make it mobile.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 7 2004, 01:39 AM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

er, whups. misread bb's comment.

well, to be honest, i didn't read it at all. duh on me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.