Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insect outbreaks?, Canon timeline?
DocMortand
post Oct 9 2004, 04:04 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,734

As a fledgling GM, I am wondering if anyone knows of any canon insect outbreaks since the Universal Brotherhood was shut down? I'm talking 2058 on. I know about Bug City, but that was 2055.

If there are, what books and/or modules?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Oct 9 2004, 04:34 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Outbreaks have been greatly restricted by the Ares Bugsquish doctrine. Subtle hives survive, symbiotic hives (mostly just in Australia) survive, but blatant hives just get smacked.

This doesn't mean you can't have a subtle hive take over an entire city where the PCs end up while running from some unpleasant warrants.

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Oct 9 2004, 04:36 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,734

Are there bounties on Insect shamans? Whether from Ares or otherwise.

Currently my game is in the beginning of 2059 (I backed up so I could take my new group through the Arcology shutdown and Year of the Comet) so I don't think Bug City is "solved" yet.

+Quote Post
Black Isis
post Oct 9 2004, 02:26 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,151

Bug City was "solved" in February of '58, I think -- Haeffner announced the operation at a State of the Union speech, and I know for sure that it was resolved well before the Fuchi breakup even showed up on the horizon (which was in late '58, early '59 I think).

Current status of the CZ I wouldn't exactly call "pretty" though. It's still a big Z zone with gangs and warlords in control of various parts, and doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. Just doesn't have a giant wall with the US Army encamped around it -- just the police watching to make sure violence doesn't spill out.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 9 2004, 02:31 PM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Not to mention the magic-eating FAB. ;)

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 9 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Yeah, my Invae page has an updated timeline. The latest "big break" would be (in order): the insect hives in the Australian Outback (T:AL), the bugs in Ares(T2), and the minor mafia family merge(SoE).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:52 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.