IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Improved Sense - Spatial Perception, Or, Who needs a smartlink?
DrJest
post Oct 13 2004, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,722

I was wondering about this idea. I've heard shooters comment on how some people have "a good eye" for the art, and extrapolating a bit I wondered if that might work for an improved sense adept power. Now bearing in mind that a smartlink costs 0.5 Essence and gives a -2 target number to ranged tests (but has other snackies like not shooting your buddies, mental fire selection, etc), I thought that for the 0.25 magic cost of an improved sense the physad should receive a blanket -1 target number for ranged attacks (and possibly for athletics tests involving jumping onto or diving into moving things).

Comments?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
toturi
post Oct 13 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

I think that is a little too Combat Sense-like, based on description.

+Quote Post
Blaze
post Oct 13 2004, 01:20 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 1,321

Interesting idea, but a Spatial Perception sense would probably work better as acting like the Spatial Recogniser cyberware (also fitting better with the concept of 'replicates any cybernetic sensory enhancement'). For increased pistol ability for an Adept it's easier to justify a few levels of Improved Pistols rather than a Magic Smartlink.

-JH.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 03:42 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.