Reply to this topicStart new topic
> signature rating for spirits
mfb
post Oct 23 2004, 08:02 AM
Post #1

Immortal Elf

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,670

anybody know how to determine the signature rating of a manifested spirit? i can't find anything in SR3, R3, MitS, or Critters.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jebu
post Oct 23 2004, 12:57 PM
Post #2

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,130

There's no Signature for spirits listed anywhere, at least to my knowledge. However, in SR3 p. 133, under Signature, it says: "The Signature Rating indicates a vehicle's vulnerability to electromagnetic or thermal detection." It also says in the end of the paragraph: "Note that Signature of a human-sized biological form is 6."

In M&M, p. 75, in the game effects of Thermosense organ, it says: "The target number is based on the object's Signature Rating (p. 133, SR3), which is 6 for most human-sized biological forms; 5 for trolls."

So, the Signature for non-vehicles seems to be based on their heat output, and size. Troll's average Body is 8, so when deciding the Signature for a spirit, I'd look at the pages 266-267 in SR3, for spirits' stats. They all are based on spirit Force, with a possible minus or a plus. The Body for an earth elemental is F+4, so I'd use Signature of 6 for earth elementals of Force 1-4, perhaps, and Signature of 5 for Force 5 and up.

Some spirits should be considered separately, I think fire elemental and storm spirit at least. The fire elemental would have lower Signature for having high heat output, and storm spirit for electromagnetic detection.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.