IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conspiracy, Secret History and Alternate History, The 'Not Kenneth Hite' Topic
KatManZoo
post Oct 25 2004, 02:34 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,610

(Yes, I know I left one out. But I really think that we have more then enough horrors running around without thinking up more.)

Well, given that one such topic was recently posted I've decide to get this one that's been on the back on my mind for a while started.

So, with out further ado let us ponder on the Holy See's control over the Poli clubs of Europe and their real control over the illusion that is the Chairdragon of the board.

Or maybe of the blood rituals of the Echo Mirage that was based off the old Mason dark rites that brought both the end of end of the Great Crash and the formation of Deep Resonance?

Maybe even the 'alternate' history of great islands raising out of the sea around the world moments before the great dragon chased the bullet, old cities still remaining upon the old land, and the magic rushing back into the world as human-like creatures come from these islands that all called Hyperbole, Mu, Lemuria, and even mythical Atlantis?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Oct 25 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

I'm usually pretty good with occult themes, but you completely lost me. Holy See? "changes the bullet"? Feels like you're not even speaking english! Could you elaborate please?

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Oct 25 2004, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

The post is in the style of Kenneth Hite's "Suppressed Transmissions" column from Pyramid magazine. Which, itself, is very similar to Tim Powers novels. The gist is take a bunch of seemingly unrelated bits of history, then compile them into a single topic, interrelating them as possible. The catch is that Mr. Hite tends to write in a stream of consciousness style. Further, he tends to assume a rather significant historical background on the part of his readership.

The Holy See refers to the Vatican.

Usually the bullet refers the "magic bullet" of the JFK assassination. However, in this context, I'm less certain.

The remaining references are SR specific ones:

The Chairdragon of the board refers to Lofwyr.

Tying Masonic dark rituals into Aztechnology's blood rituals seems counterintuitive to me, but YMMV. Further, I don't really buy into the use of magic in the matrix. So, while there are clearly AZ ties to both areas, I don't see 'em as overlapping.

All things considered, I kind of feel like I was reading something written by Caimbueul. Basically, KMZ's assuming a background that the typical reader won't have familiarity with.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 25 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

My guess would be that the bullet would refer to the offing of Dunkelzahn rather than JFK.

~J

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 25 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

When ye say "Hyperbole" dost thou mean "Hyperbornea," "Hibernia," or perhaps "I don't know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about since I typed this in at 0234" ?

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Oct 25 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
My guess would be that the bullet would refer to the offing of Dunkelzahn rather than JFK.

Neither makes sense in context.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 25 2004, 08:22 PM
Post #7

Manus Celer Dei

Nor does the section before it, really. I couldn't make sense of anything in context, and divorced from context that was all I could come up with.

~J

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Oct 25 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

I was just saying. I have no frelling idea what he meant either, but the whole assassination thing doesn't make a lick of sense at all as an explanation or translation.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 25 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Manus Celer Dei

I realize that, and was acknowledging it (and giving my reason for having stated it anyway).

~J

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Oct 25 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

Since the original poster hasn't commented again, I think he was hoping that somebody would just kind of go off and write him 2,000 words on a few (I think?) unrelated ideas. I'd be interested in reading if he had some more meat to his ideas, but at the moment, this just kind of looks like a bit of Hite-esque gobbledy-gook.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 25 2004, 09:31 PM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

Deliberately so, but I think we're going to need some more threads or some clarification of existing ones before our conspiracy machines can get churning properly.

~J

+Quote Post
paul_HArkonen
post Oct 25 2004, 09:56 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,295

actually I think the "chased the bullet" has to do with the first dragon sighting, the bullet train in Japan, but other than that I'm more or less at a total loss.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 25 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #13

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

islands raising out of the sea, why am i thinking chutulu here?

+Quote Post
KatManZoo
post Oct 26 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #14

Target

Really, in the beginning that was what I was trying for. Just try to get some ideas out into open and have them kicked around, other people adding to them and so on.

Yes, I know the opening and most of what I wrote in the opening was bad. I was trying for an eye catching Hite-esque text because that tends to get the curiosity spiked, and a about two thirty with Dr. Demento music playing in the background, most things sound a good idea at the time.

Now, yes, this wasn’t through out as well as I would have liked, but I do really want to get some ideas kicked around over the darker parts, and maybe stranger stories of the Sixth World.

Now, as for what I meant:

Use of both the ‘Holy See’ (Which I ripped from the one novel I hate very much: ‘The De Vinci Code’) and the Poli-clubs were more a homage to some of Kenneth’s more… confusing and thought forcing ideas. As a quick summery, what are the ramifications that Lofwyr isn’t the all high and powerful dragon that he appears as, but is in fact a group very highly trained or skilled mages that constantly hold the terrifying visage of a dragon as an illusion.

Now, what if Echo Mirage never entered into the Matrix to battle the Crash Virus but in fact battled with some very, very basic magic, because no one was able to ‘jack in’ (they all died), that fired quiet a few brains but was able to beat back the virus. Now while the virus bugged off and Echo Mirage tried very hard to forget, or used what they knew, the raw magic that was slammed into the ‘grid gave birth to the Mana-Techno entity known as ‘Deep Resonance.’ In fact, all the lines and connections that were laid down as the Matrix grew are actually slowly growing ley lines of technology and information.

And lastly, what if when that fateful toll of the last days of ‘normalcy’ and magic came rushing back into the world that other things did too? Camelot and Avalon are found within the mists of the Great Britain, Mu roars back to life in the Pacific, Lemuria and Atlantis rumble back in the Atlantic and even stranger places popping up all over the globe. Now, if this wasn’t strange enough, even with the pure veins of Orichalcum that ran through most of the continents or islands (Or even that one city rumored in South America), was that these cities, islands and continents were already filled with people, many of them stranger even then the ‘Metahumanity’ that will crop up: Tailed, egg-laying, blue skinned and even third eyes. [These are just a few of the rumors I remember reading about the citizens of a few of these places. Forgive their inaccuracies]. As communications begin between the shocked nations, a language barrier of more then millennia over come, it is found that these old nations, islands and cities wish to ‘rejoin’ this land they once left. As the world stands today, Great Britain was never cut off from the Emerald Isle and is in fact one of the heavy weights in the global field, both in Thaumaturgy and Technology with the state sponsored Corps of ‘Pendragon’ and their close trading partners of Transys Neuronet stand tall. Mu has bludgeoned its way into the Corp market after haggling a very cut throat deal with the PCC for mining rights. That, and the fact that is now is the home of the duel [Or is, if you don’t want to futz Cannon that much] HQ of Yamatestu.

Now, for Ideas to spark the mind: Who really controlled the British Aerospace Nightwraiths, and why did they bomb those communication posts? Were they timed to pull attention away from somewhere, or to hamper both sides while a third pulled off a very graceful snatch and grab?

How do the ‘organic’ computers of Transys Neuronet affect the Otaku of the world, and could they bring a new meaning to the world ‘Ghost in the Machine’?

Who, really, ended Dunkelzahn life? Another dragon, mystical suicide, or something else? And what, really, is the ‘Project Ragnarok’ mentioned in the Shadowrun Companion, and who is the techno-magical elf cabal they mention just below that?

[Apologies: Yes, this was written to freaking early. The only major screw up in spelling, thankfully, was when I said ‘Change’ as apposed to ‘Chase’. This has been corrected. Also, yes, I did mean ‘Hyperborean’, or at least what means ‘back of the north wind’, I just wasn’t to sure on the spelling, and the integrated speller said it was correct. And to quickly answer the 'Lovecraft' question, I did just say we wouldn't talk about that here.]

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 26 2004, 02:08 AM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Use of both the ‘Holy See’ (Which I ripped from the one novel I hate very much: ‘The De Vinci Code’)

I agree it's horrible, but the term predates that bastard's crappy book. You'd have earned bonus points if ye'd referred to "the Pearl of Christendom."

+Quote Post
KatManZoo
post Oct 26 2004, 02:19 AM
Post #16

Target

I know it probably did, I just wasn't sure, and it wasn't that important to the 'Hite'-ness and the slightly NWO-ish feel of it. I mean: 'Vatican Hires the KKK to Use their Black Helicopters to bomb the Brains in a Jar controlled by the Discordians' is going to eventually come up in this topic, I was just getting a jump on it.

But...the Pearl of Christendom? mm... I do like that, and it was really...mmm...Pearls... I wonder if they meant something real when they said that...

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 26 2004, 03:12 AM
Post #17

Manus Celer Dei

Everybody realizes the Nightwraith incident is just plain fragging weird, but they don't notice a few other things.

Nightwraith was big, and we still don't know who did it. We may never know. VITAS and the Crash were both big, on the same scale or larger, and we don't know who caused them either…

~J

+Quote Post
KatManZoo
post Oct 26 2004, 03:22 AM
Post #18

Target

Yes, I know that. But this topic is about the weird, so what ever crackpot theories you have about the Nightwraith incident or any other big disaster like that.

Reincarnated Patton? Hitler’s Brain in a jar? Antarctic space Nazis? The Royal Family? The Russians them selves? Whodunit?

Was the Crash the will of the real magic of the world trying to tear down the new magic of computers?

VITAS really The Pentagon's last defence agasint the world, doomed to fail before bringing the world down with it?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 26 2004, 03:43 AM
Post #19

Manus Celer Dei

Perhaps I was unclear. I was implying that those behind Nightwraith caused VITAS and the Crash too :cyber:

~J

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Oct 26 2004, 04:19 AM
Post #20

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Heh, insane conspiracy ideas:

The Crash virus and VITAS are actually the same thing. It was accidentally downloaded through a NASA satellite telescope. However, it was intentionally presented as information for the telescope to observe. Once in the internet, it sought out a biotech facility to spread itself into the physical world. After the guadance perrogatives were met in regards to the VITAS variant, the initial virus began a rampage, intentionally destroying the technologies that would be most effective at strengthening humanity.

The mass alien invasion failed when the command fleet was unintentionally hit by Sirrug as he was fighting that IE on the airline (don't remember the flight number). They would've had a better chance if their culture was the same scale of size as the planet they set to conquer. Nanoscale hive-minded species don't do very well resisting a force 15 powerball.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 26 2004, 05:13 AM
Post #21

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

The Papaldom was the idea of a Horror-Corrupted Immortal Elf who uses the Vatican as a tool to facilitate the return of his masters to the Earth. As magic began returning to the world, the Holy See's biolabs released VITAS upon the world. Using an ancient blood magic ritual taught to unwitting priests throughout the world, the church's corrupt rullers planned to harness the life force of all those killed anywhere on earth. With the massive deathtoll caused by the plauge, there should have been enough life energy to force the mana cycle to peak in a matter of years.However, they Holy See was opposed in its quest by the secret order known as the Illumaniti.

In the early the century 8th AD, a handfull of influantial and moraly sound persons, discovered the truth about the church, broke away from it. Inspired by scant texts that vaugly mentioned a group of demon-slayers called "lightbearers", they took the name which they had translated as Illuminati. For centuries, the Illumaniti acted in secret, for fear of the church's power. It wasn't untill 800 years later that they were able to strike a real blow against the Vatican, when Illumin Martin Luthor began the Protestent movement. By the time of the Awakening, the Illuminati had enough control over traditionaly protestant nations to effectivly oppose the Vatican, but they did not have the magical power to counteract the church's abominable rituals. The Illumins knew that those who still followed ancient shamantic traditions would have access to great power as mana bagan to pour into the world again. Unfortunatly, they were rich white guys. They didn't trust tribal Shamans enough to divuglde the truth and tribal shamans weren't just going to perform forbiden and potentialy deadly rituals just because they were asked nicely.
Using their control over the US government, the Illumaniti forced the hand of Native Americans. SAIM, the concentration camps, the Great Ghost Dance, NAN, and the CAS/UCAS split were all direct results of the Illumaniti's manipulations.

EDit: Lone Eagle didn't go off because it wasn't a real nuke, the Illumaniti had already replaced every warhead in the facility before they sent the SAIM team in.

The Great Ghost Dance did more than just cause a few volcanos to erupt. With a little help for the Illumaniti, it also caused ancient power spots to reawaken. Anchored spells that once drew energy from these power sopts began working again and Lost magical cities reappeared with their old populations intact, causing great geological and social upheaval upheaval. In the mountains of Tibet a sleeping Triclops race awakened and immediatly used their vast magical power to erect a barrier arount their nation and kick the Chinese Communists out.
The magical defenses of these ancient cities disrupted the Holy See's spell. Although they currently possess the stored life energy of nearly 2 billion Metahumans, the council of cardinals is unable to alter the worldwide mana level so long as those cities are standing. It isn't a total loss for the forces of evil, however. The Horror corrupted tribe of fish-men known as the Deep Ones were Reawaken by the Ghost Dance, as well and waves of mind-altering magical energy flow from the newly risen but apparently abandoned island city of R'lyeh.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 26 2004, 05:20 AM
Post #22

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I really like most of that. :)

+Quote Post
fish
post Oct 26 2004, 06:07 AM
Post #23

Target

Member No.: 6,120

just an inrusion here, but, where do you guys get all that background info from? and the time to think about it all :D

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 26 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #24

Great Dragon

where do you guys get all that background info from?

Me. :oops:

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 26 2004, 08:39 PM
Post #25

Manus Celer Dei

More or less, yeah. A fair amount of just reading the sourcebooks, but when you want to check a connection and don't own all the books, who do you call...

~J

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:04 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.