IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motorcycle Creation Challenge, Calling the number crunchers.
Shanshu Freeman
post Nov 12 2004, 06:42 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,110

Recently lost my ride in game, so it's time to think about a new set of wheels.

Originally I was only thinking of another lightly customised racing bike, but then my imagination began to run, so I have two requests.

1. Create a bike purchasable/orderable in game by a runner in the higher middle section of the food chain that includes as many of the following options as possible/practical.

Should be pretty fast, mostly for in-town/highway riding, but not completely terrible off road, that's how I lost my last one... had to ditch it when the going got rough.

-auto-gyroscopic stabilization
-decent anti-theft
-run flat tires

Is there any way to make a bike remote controlled... kinda like that one James Bond movie, where Pierce Brosnan drives his car with his cellphone? keep in mind, the character is not a rigger... just some kind of simple rc device would be neat.
-any other neat tricks you like

2. KIF Knight Industries Four thousand. A motorcycle similar to KITT, Knight Industries Two Thousand, the car from Knight Rider.

go crazy.

:proof: show your work :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crisp
post Nov 12 2004, 02:30 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 3,323

I'm not going to post any stats on your bike 'cause I'm away from my R3 right now. Still it doesn't seem too difficult to do. Start with a racing bike up the speed as much as you feel necessary then get something (improved suspension?) to lower that handling. Nothing much.

The rest are just mods IIRC which you can get for any vehicle.

On the RC thing, just remember that you don't have to be a rigger to use a Remote Control Deck, it only means that you can't "jump into" the drone, you're stuck with the Captain's Chair mode.

+Quote Post
Thistledown
post Nov 12 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,155

Don't have time to build it right now, but for part 2, give it a good pilot rating and some rudimentary AI, and some electronic device for the voice, and you shouldn't need much else. Course, AI is rather expensive, and not nearly sentient except for a few cases.

Actually, if you're interested in a talking motorcycle, go watch "Kino's Journey." Kino has one with pretty much the mod you want. Named Hermes.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 12 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

1) Pick a base model. Go crazy with the Customization Options of choice. You can cram everything you listed into any of the base models.

2) Buy a Eurocar Westwind Turbo (or if possible create a new Sports Car from scratch with maxed design options and Smart Materials). Tweak it with every Customization Option available, focusing on Concealed Armor, Engine Customization, Turbocharing, RAM, and ED/ECM/Sensors suite. When done, max out a Robotic Pilot for it (Robotic-Pilot Programming 3, Robotic Reflexes 3, Improved Algorithms 3, etc.). Voila. If you really want to go all the way, get an AUtosoft Interpretation System and ask your GM if you can use it with a Personafix (rating 3) chip to give it a sassy personality.

3) Not gonna do your work for ya just 'cause you call it a "Challenge" ya lazy bum. :D

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Nov 12 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Crisp: didn't know just anybody could do that, I'm not to sharp with R3 yet, thanks :)

Thistledown: Thanks for the tips. I'll look around for Kino's Journey too.

Doc Funk: Damn, you caught me! lol

Hey, while we're at it, can you post the stats of a pretty tough dragon for me? :spin:

+Quote Post
Thistledown
post Nov 13 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,155

Ares Dragon
The dragon is a solid, versatile cargo helicopter capable of accepting extra cargo containers. Ares still produces the Dragon, although few are made currently, due to early over-production. Corps with short-range delvery needs generally have a Dragon or three in their hangers.
Features: None
Handle:5, Speed:260, Accel:10, Bod:7, Armor:0, sig:3, auto:3, pilot:-, sensor:1, cargo:95, load:3250, seating:3, endty:3d, fuel:het(3500l), econ:0.25km/l, vtol, street index:1, availability: 30/month, cost:590000 :nuyen:

Ok, I know that's not really what you wanted, but there's already a thread for dragon stats going right now, so I think we should keep this thread to rigging. Doc Funk covered pretty much everything for part 2, except a higher autonav as well.

For the first idea, I'd start off with a BMW Blitzen 2050. It's pretty cheap and has the stats you want. The mods you wanted should have no trouble with it.

With the anit-theft at 6, gyro stabilize, performance runflat tires, remote control, and sensors 1, it comes to 72275 :nuyen:

I've always been a fan of photovoltaic paint, which lets you change the color by computer, but it's 5000 bucks.
You might want some better sensors for when driving it remotely, so you can see where you're going, but this is the minimum.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 13 2004, 09:35 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Robotic Pilots and Drone Pilots don't have or use Autonavs, Thistledown. They're, like, redundant. :)

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Nov 14 2004, 12:18 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Thistledown)
Ok, I know that's not really what you wanted, but there's already a thread for dragon stats going right now, so I think we should keep this thread to rigging.

You sure you caught the joke? I was making fun of myself for being lazy... :D

Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the BMW. I wasn't sure what bike to start with.

+Quote Post
Hero
post Nov 14 2004, 08:56 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,996

Here is a bike cross-over from the anima Akira, Kaneda's bike was pretty high in the looks department and did not lack in the performance department either. I made a gas and electric fuel cell powered models, depending on what the character want's, more miles or fuel costs.

Honda Kaneda SE Type-G
Hand: 2/4; Speed: 276; Accel: 20; Body: 2; Armor: 0; Signature: 2; Auto: 2; Sensor: 2; CF: 1; Load: 90
Seat: 1; Entry: -; Fuel(gas): 15liter ; Econ: 15L; Chassis: race bike; SI: 3; Avail: 2/1mo.; Cost: 38,820
::Features::
Smart Material, Gyro Stabilized, Anti-Theft System (6) with Electric System, Performance Tires (Run Flats)

Honda Kaneda SE Type-E
Hand: 2/4; Speed: 276; Accel: 20; Body: 2; Armor: 0; Signature: 4; Auto: 2; Sensor: 2; CF: 1; Load: 85
Seat: 1; Entry: -; Fuel(FC): 40; Econ: .24; Chassis: race bike; SI: 3; Avail: 2/1mo.; Cost: 39,730
::Features::
Smart Material, Gyro Stabilized, Anti-Theft System (6) with Electric System, Performance Tires (Run Flats)

+Quote Post
toturi
post Nov 14 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #10

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

I've always never really understood the Rigger 3. How are we going to know if some vehicle has off-road or some other "custom" handling enhancement if they never spelt it out in the Features section? If a rigger can buy a vehicle(which already has the handling enhancement) and put it in again.

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Nov 14 2004, 01:18 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 6,722

Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the BMW. I wasn't sure what bike to start with.

Heh, I got hammered with the Blitzen once. Our shadowrunners damn near kept the local BMW shop in business single-handed; practically every runner we had was riding one and replaced them when they got irrevocably fragged. Well, I went to play in a pickup game at a local gaming shop, and at one point I was escaping from a Company Man type - I was on my Blitzen, he was in a Saab Dynamit. It used to have a top speed of 285, right? I got out onto the motorway and opened her up, expecting to lose the car in fairly short order. What I didn't know was that the stats had changed in Rigger 2 - instead of my speed of 285 versus his 250, it was my 220 versus his 250. Suffice to say that I got to test out my ability to cast Levitate under extreme stress as me and my bike went sailing off of a high bridge :eek:

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Nov 14 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (DrJest)
Suffice to say that I got to test out my ability to cast Levitate under extreme stress as me and my bike went sailing off of a high bridge :eek:

o my!

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 14 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (toturi)
I've always never really understood the Rigger 3. How are we going to know if some vehicle has off-road or some other "custom" handling enhancement if they never spelt it out in the Features section? If a rigger can buy a vehicle(which already has the handling enhancement) and put it in again.

They usually do unless it was a Design Option, which is what it seems to be in most cases (considering it's infinitely cheaper than the various Suspension options). I don't think there's any examples where they come with Suspension options by default, so by default you can add any of them you like.

+Quote Post
Voran
post Nov 16 2004, 03:40 AM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 6,099

Never really tried it since Rigger 2, and after I kept losing prized motorvehicles that ultimately weren't worth it to replace in game, I usually go with some sorta souped up sedan or jackrabbit if I really have to travel in town.

I did have a nice Tron like lightcycle design. Mostly because of my fear of running into mana barriers. The newer Tron 2.0 game had some nice models for lightcycles that I did try to make into SR.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:53 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.