IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Avatars and adepts, what does it look like?
Ombre
post Nov 18 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,652

Having an adept in my group who wants to undergo initiation in a group (smart girl), I was wondering what an adept group avatar would look like...I can easily envision how a shaman or a mage can contact his or her Avatar, but I have more problems with an Adept's avatar (a non-astrally perceiving adept, at that)

Any clue?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Nov 18 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #2

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

Anything.
Make the player decide.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 18 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #3

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

The ghost of Bruce Lee. ;)

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Nov 18 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #4

Man In The Machine

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,105

Its a flavor thing. Whats the groups flavor? Are they all sneaky? Are they all trolls with use chainsaws? Animals are pretty basic, but feel free to browse MitS for ideas, because seriously, how cool would it be to find out the group you joined had a Dragonslayer as its totem?

+Quote Post
Ombre
post Nov 18 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Actually the group is going to be a circle of martial adepts behind a dojo in the Barrens. The goal of the group is to sow the seeds of urban renewal: they want to give these neighborhoods a new hope by teaching children strong values of respectand self-respect, throught he teaching of martial arts...
And no, the Avatar won't be the ghost of Tyler Durden (though it could be quite cool actually...)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Nov 18 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

you might ponder Stick, from Daredevil/Wolverine/Elektra/various and sundry in the Marvel U., as a model for the avatar. or at least as a source of ideas and whatnot for it.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Nov 18 2004, 06:55 PM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

A winged snake with shimmering, multicolored scales who's soft spoken voice and sad demenor are accented by the tear shaped scale benieth his left eye. The symbols of medicine (snake), rebirth (wings), hope (rainbow), and emapthy (the tear). Or something like that.

+Quote Post
Ombre
post Nov 18 2004, 07:13 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
A winged snake with shimmering, multicolored scales who's soft spoken voice and sad demenor are accented by the tear shaped scale benieth his left eye. The symbols of medicine (snake), rebirth (wings), hope (rainbow), and emapthy (the tear). Or something like that.

Wow..neat...I wasn't looking in the right direction or so it seems...I haven't thought of such symbolism...like that...

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Nov 18 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,757

Well easiest thing to do is take one psychological aspect of each group member. Or a totemic aspect of each group member, throw them together in a list and figure out what kind of 'being' it would be.

Foooor Example.

You have a male Hermetic Mage specialized in Fire elements
You have a female Moon Shaman.
You have a male Dog Adept, with agressive protective tendancies.
You also have a female aspected Hermetic sorcerer, who absolutely loves seals.

So take a little fire, and chaos put it in the mix. Throw in some secrets and peacelike actions from the Moon. Make it very protective of the group, and members and possibly things it cares about like saving baby seals. And give it a few more spells than you think it should have.

-EDIT-

So in the end make it look like a big flaming burning Dog with a cresent moon on it's forehead, and it barks like a seal and balances a ball on it's nose.

This post has been edited by CoalHeart: Nov 18 2004, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
audun
post Nov 19 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 381

As they are helping the ghetto kids read this article for inspiration:
Myths over Miami

Read it anyway, it's about the mythology of street kids (IRL) with enough cool ideas to make any roleplayer drole.

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Nov 19 2004, 01:33 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 6,722

QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 18 2004, 12:35 PM)
The ghost of Bruce Lee. ;)

(Looks at Fortune suspiciously) You been watching No Retreat, No Surrender again?

Audun: I have that article saved on my hard drive from way back. I kept planning to run a modern fantasy based on it, but somehow it never came together. It's fascinating stuff, isn't it?

+Quote Post
toturi
post Nov 19 2004, 02:33 AM
Post #12

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Mr Miyagi.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 19 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #13

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I was going to say 'the ghost of (insert name of Joel Grey's character in whatever the hell movie he was in as a mystical martial arts trainer)', but it didn't quite have the same ring to it. ;)

[edit] Remo Williams was the movie. :) [/edit]

+Quote Post
Deadeye
post Nov 19 2004, 03:40 AM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 6,793

I'd say make it look like whatever Passion moves them most. A gigantic pregnant woman in plate mail maybe, or a naked fat baby that--

Whoops. Wrong Age. Sorry.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.