Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random questions, a product of cold medicine
Teulisch
post Nov 21 2004, 04:44 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,965

in sota:2063, does the .75 multiplier for prenatal genetics affect only cost, or bio index as well?

the LS Americar has 3 body and 3 armor. this means you need a weapon of at least 12M to scrtach it. whats the best way to blow it up? and is there any logical reason not to drive one yourself?

How does dermal armor affect contact-vector poison/drugs? i know it reduces slap patches effects. And can a drug attack (contact or dart) affect a synthetic cyberlimb?

counterstrike:2064 is probably corp vs shadowrunners. ok, not a question, was just playing CS:source today. we need an SR skin for CS:source. maybe change hostage to 'extraction'.

what does it look like when i get shot in my alphaware synthetic cyberskull. Does my head make a *ping* noise, or what? (i like having cyberskulls, make that headware immune to stress). how many blows to the head before metal is visible underneath?

and furthermore, if you have a cyberskull, does that make implating cyber and bio in the head easier, or more difficult? why?

are microtronics tools i set of tools, or 3 kinds of tools (computer, electric, cyber)? do all 3 come with computers, or just the one?

since snake socks (from target wasteland) give +2 impact armor on feet and lower legs, why dont they use that stuff to make gloves? or should i just go with my trusty sock puppet, mr. Socko?

is there any difinitive starting deck+programs? the kind of stuff you get with resource priority A. and how the heck do sense tests work for noticing IC?

ever see a dwarf with a shock hand on his head? (head patting will be severely punished!).

usefull knowsoft chips to slot: Forensics, chemistry, medicine, what else?

how many people default to reaction for driving, and their car doesnt have an autonav 2+?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 21 2004, 05:02 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Just to answer a few at random...
the LS Americar has 3 body and 3 armor. this means you need a weapon of at least 12M to scrtach it. whats the best way to blow it up?

Actually it means you need a weapon with a Power of 7 or more to hurt it. Most heavy pistols will work just fine.

and is there any logical reason not to drive one yourself?

Uhm, 'cause telling your autonav (if you have one) where you want to go and then just sitting back to enjoy some tunes and a tasty beverage is easier? If you were referring to "why not always get your car armored with three points of armor," the answer is found above -- it doesn't do jack to protect it against anyone who'd really want to destroy it.

How does dermal armor affect contact-vector poison/drugs?

Just like it does against any other armor (half Impact in many cases).

are microtronics tools i set of tools, or 3 kinds of tools (computer, electric, cyber)? do all 3 come with computers, or just the one?

They're one set of tools that work on anything requiring them. Computers do not come with microtronic toolkits -- you have to dish out 1,500 nuyen (or buy a shop or facility) if you want one.

how many people default to reaction for driving, and their car doesnt have an autonav 2+?

The vast majority of the Sixth World does. Professional drivers (chauffeurs, taxi drivers, stuntmen, bodyguards, etc.) and riggers are generally the only people who have the Cars skill.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Nov 21 2004, 05:12 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

QUOTE (Teulisch)
in sota:2063, does the .75 multiplier for prenatal genetics affect only cost, or bio index as well?
The text only states price, so it's only the nuyen cost.
the LS Americar has 3 body and 3 armor. this means you need a weapon of at least 12M to scrtach it. whats the best way to blow it up? and is there any logical reason not to drive one yourself?
3 vehicle armor is vulnerable to anything with a power of at least 7, the car only gets 3 dice to try to stage down the damage, but it does get one free staging before the roll
How does dermal armor affect contact-vector poison/drugs? i know it reduces slap patches effects. And can a drug attack (contact or dart) affect a synthetic cyberlimb?
All impact armor helps resist drugs. Since the game does not normally allow called shots to the hand, any extra anti-toxin bonus from cyberlimbs is a GM gift
counterstrike:2064 is probably corp vs shadowrunners. ok, not a question, was just playing CS:source today.  we need an SR skin for CS:source.  maybe change hostage to 'extraction'.
get right on that
what does it look like when i get shot in my alphaware synthetic cyberskull. Does my head make a *ping* noise, or what? (i like having cyberskulls, make that headware immune to stress). how many blows to the head before metal is visible underneath?
no explicit rules, just apply stress effects to the cyberskull and come up with some good descriptions
and furthermore, if you have a cyberskull, does that make implating cyber and bio in the head easier, or more difficult? why?
any benefit (hinges) or detrement (too hard to saw through) exclusive to cyberskulls is a non-factor since it isn't in the charts for surgery modifiers.
the term doesn't inspire memory, what book?
since snake socks (from target wasteland) give +2 impact armor on feet and lower legs, why dont they use that stuff to make gloves? or should i just go with my trusty sock puppet, mr. Socko?
for one thing, they are armored socks. "Light and flexible" has a different relative meaning for footwear than for gloves. If you don't mind effectively having no sense of touch and the similar loss in manual dexterity, go ahead and make snake gloves. It'll only help when trying to grap the club being swung at you or giving a dental exam to a snake.
is there any difinitive starting deck+programs? the kind of stuff you get with resource priority A. and how the heck do sense tests work for noticing IC?
one of the veteran deckers should show up to give you a few lists of quality choices
ever see a dwarf with a shock hand on his head? (head patting will be severely punished!).
no
any other skill that would be a useful knowledge skill for the campaign but you won't be rushed for time when using it
enough

+Quote Post
John Campbell
post Nov 21 2004, 06:37 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 3,581

QUOTE (Teulisch)

I'm sure you meant just the shock part, not the hand part, but I still can't help picturing the penguin from Wallace and Gromit.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Nov 21 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #5

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

QUOTE (Teulisch @ Nov 20 2004, 11:44 PM)

Psychology.

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Nov 21 2004, 01:13 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (Teulisch @ Nov 20 2004, 11:44 PM)

Psychology.

Local Building Plans, Street Plans, Sewer/utility layouts. (we can escape by ________)

Directories of the local police (obtain by hack the local police database). (recognize most cops by face).

Military Hardware, Drone identification, magical background, paranormal animals: (that is a ______)

Compilation of newspaper clippings, police reports, financial news

compilation of perfume and cosmetic smells (especially if you have enhanced smell)

Civil Engineering/Architecture

Cryptography
-------------

Be able to look at someone and tell wether they are a cop, have appeared in the news, or are being investigated by the cops

Plan quick and easy getaways

When hering a copmany name, know everything about it

When smells a bunch of expensive consmetics on that bum, know that something is up

Identify that gun/car/anial/ etc with a glance and know what it's strengths and weaknesses are.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Nov 21 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #7

Chrome to the Core

Member No.: 5,715

QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
When smells a bunch of expensive consmetics on that bum, know that something is up

Free samples at the Stuffer Shack D-Lux?

+Quote Post
Starfurie
post Nov 21 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 6,544

QUOTE (Teulisch)

Languages. Even if it isn't as good as knowing it yourself, it's always good to know the language.

Counterquestion: Should a chipjack expert driver help offset roleplaying penality for using a chip for spoken language?

+Quote Post
Teulisch
post Nov 21 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,965

well, its listed as a shock hand in M&M.
i remember that penguin. wonderfull chicken disguise :)

i usualy take the magic background and paranormal animal skills. but theres never enough points for all the skills you want.

Really, for someone who wants skill chips, it may be easier just to rob a store or warehouse for them and sell the surplus to a fixer, instead of going on runs to get the money to buy them. Not every profitable run has to be hired by someone else. i just start thinking about what kind of security minght be theres, and i know i need a mage to deal withwatcher spirits, a driver/lookout (drone rigger would be best), a decker, and the guy with all the security skills(which would be my ork). so team of 4+ to be able to pull off a simple heist effectively.

languages are important i agree. does anyone know what languages the different tribal nations speak? i havent seen a list anywhere

if a bum smells, i dont want to be close enough to recognize of what!

the police database thing is brilliant. they may have some more important records offline though (like whos undercover where).

Personaly, i think its important to find, decrypt, and listen in on the various channels people like lonestar and docwagon broadcast on.

what kind of gear can poeple track you by? im thinking telephone and GPS send/receive signals enough that someone could track you with either if they knew what to look for.

+Quote Post
Cable
post Nov 22 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 6,670

QUOTE (Teulisch)

It would be far easier. Why? Because the skull should disassemble easily with the right tools or have service hatches built in. Kind kind of gross when you really start thinking about it.

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Nov 24 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #11

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

Im gonna fling a house rule at this, because it makes sense.
If/when you use the surgery rules, head gear gets an implant tn reduction of -1. Now if the Dr passes that savings on to you, thats different

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Nov 24 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

QUOTE (John Campbell)
QUOTE (Teulisch)

I'm sure you meant just the shock part, not the hand part, but I still can't help picturing the penguin from Wallace and Gromit.

Don't you mean chicken ;)

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Nov 24 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #13

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
the LS Americar has 3 body and 3 armor. this means you need a weapon of at least 12M to scrtach it. whats the best way to blow it up?

Actually it means you need a weapon with a Power of 7 or more to hurt it. Most heavy pistols will work just fine.

Not quite. You round down when halving for vehicleness, so you need a Power of 8 or higher to hurt it. Heavy pistols are still golden.

~J

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Nov 24 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

Don't forget it has to have a base damage of Moderate in addition to the 8. You could shoot it with a 23498028923432 L damage gun, and it would bounce.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:20 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.