Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guns...., What's the date
Xavroc
post Dec 13 2004, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,872

Okay on some of the guns they give a production date...but how about on the others. Is there a list on the net somewhere with this info availible? I'm gonna run a game set in the 50's. I just need dates. PLZ HLP.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Dec 13 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

http://www.world.guns.ru/

:D

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Dec 13 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #3

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

IMO, not worth the effort of thought. 2050 is only 10 years back, you can probably assume all the guns are there.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Dec 13 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

No smartlink 2s, I think gas vents were capped at 3, but not a whole lot else different. If the exact model in CC has too new of gadgets, don't use that one but allow a previous model of the same line and rip the price off one of the guns that is allowed. Maybe just subtract 1 from any numbers in the names of the weapons if you need more of a change.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Dec 13 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

There is no such list for SR weapons that I know of. If it's really important to you, you can browse through the sourcebooks which have the gear and if any weapon is described as being SOTA or the text otherwise implies that they are new in the 2060s, they probably weren't there in the early 2050s. Or you can just get rid of all the gear you simply don't want in your games, saying that they are newer inventions.

[Edit]Herald has good points. I never played 1st and 2nd Ed SR, so I wouldn't know, really.[/Edit]

+Quote Post
Xavroc
post Dec 13 2004, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Target

cools thx pplz. I'm away from the books and i'm lazy. :doing research for gaming instead of studying for final exams: College is great.

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Dec 13 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

Easier solution would be to just grab copies of the First edition rules, SSC, FoF and CC and do a quick comparison. CC is newer than FoF is newer than SSC is newer than First edition.

+Quote Post
Shrapnel
post Dec 14 2004, 06:35 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,852

I like to start campaigns early, around 2050-2055. It makes the players earn all the new high-tech stuff, as opposed to just starting with it.

For my reference points of when things first came out in the Shadowrun timeline, I use the appropriate sourcebook, and look for the time/date stamps of the comments.

For instance, the Ingram Smartgun, which first came out in the Street Samurai Catalog, has comments with the date of 12/19/50. So I just figure it came out a little before the catalog was printed, like around September. The first date I could find at a quick glance for the SSC would be 10/07/50, so that is about as close as you can get.

That is how I keep track of the tech level in my timeline. It also helps I have a fairly decent collection of the old 2nd edition books... 8)

+Quote Post
Xavroc
post Dec 14 2004, 03:39 PM
Post #9

Target

Anychance you can do the world a favor and make a list of date and items for those of us that don't have 2nd edition books?

+Quote Post
iPad
post Dec 15 2004, 12:16 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,671

I was thinking of doing a similer thing, so im just limiting people to whats in the rule book.

+Quote Post
Toptomcat
post Dec 15 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,112

Oh, and laser weapons were SOTA-100-million-plus uberweapons, if they existed as all.

+Quote Post
Shrapnel
post Dec 15 2004, 05:24 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Okay, let's see if I can make a vague list. All dates are rough estimates.

1st and 2nd Edition Rule Books: 2050-2053. (I seem to remember 1st Ed. being 2050, but 2nd Ed. specifically says 2053. Hmmm...)

Street Samurai Catalog: Late 2050

Neo-Anarchist's Guide to Real Life: 2050-2053 (Catalog section with firearms is dated 2050, but most character comments are dated 2053)

Fields of Fire: Late 2054

As for Cyberware and Bioware:

Shadowtech: Late 2052

Cybertechnology: Late 2056

Remember, most of these dates are based on the time/date stamps of the character comments below the item description. They could be way off, this is just what I use for my personal timeline. Hope this helps!!! :)

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 15 2004, 05:26 AM
Post #13

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I think he wanted a specific year for each weapon, as he doesn't have access to the books to see which weapons first appeared in which book. Much more work ...a lot less fun! :D

+Quote Post
Shrapnel
post Dec 15 2004, 06:03 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

I understand, but I am sure that some people would be slightly angry if I reprinted the entire sourcebook here...

Better for those interested to check their local used bookstores. I sometimes find good books for around $4-$6.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 07:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.