Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alter Memory, just how much memory
draco aardvark
post Jan 1 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,284

My players kidnaped a Fedex guy and took his clothes and truck. Rather than kill him, they decided to make him think something happened to him. One idea was "you're a bum, you've lived in this alleyway all your life"
Can they alter 45 years of memory in a minute? I ruled that they only had the initial 3 seconds of spellcasting to describe what gets changed, but wanted to see what others did.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jan 1 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Keep in mind that every meaningful reminder of someone's pre-altered memories offers another chance to resist, and that the resistances stack over time. I'd allow it, but it would probably only last as long as it took someone to find him and have a short conversation.

~J

+Quote Post
Sandoval Smith
post Jan 1 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,690

No absolutely not. Can't be done. The spell description says that it allows you to alter a single memory. I would allow a single memory to encompass short time period, maybe two hours or so, depending on what happened (if they spent all afternoon bound and blindfolded in a chair, I'd call that whole experince one memory). Even if the runners somehow managed to cast it twenty times in that minute, they would be no where near making someone forget their whole life. They could've made the Fex Ex guy forget being mugged by the runners, so he would 'wake up' dazed and confused, wondering why he's naked in an alley.

+Quote Post
BGMFH
post Jan 1 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,018

A single memory is a mental "scene" define as you will

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:57 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.