Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Secret's Revealed, What do you know?
fistandantilus4....
post Jan 4 2005, 05:34 AM
Post #1

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Well first off, let's try not to make this a spoiler for players, or an exhibit of all the neat stuff in the books that Fanpro would be pissed at me for showing.

This is just a nice little place for conspiracys. Fun stuff like who really killed Dunkelzhan, and more importantly, if you know the answer, where it can be found.

Let's go for a list try a top ten:
1) who killed Dunkelzhan?
2) What is the Deep Resonance?
3) Why did the matrix in Seattle crash for 12 minutes in 2060?
4) What happened between Lowfyr and the elves of the Tir to make him quit the council?
5) What happened to the members of Echo Mirage (besides the two that make the cyberdeck public)
6) What was in the box the the Big D bequeathed to Jaun Atzacapotzalco of Aztechnology that he opened on the Day of the Dead? PofD
7) The contents of the steel boxes left in trust to Nadja Daviar to hold for George Fenamore or his descendants. PofD
8) The history between the elven rulers of the respective Tir's
9) The fate of Excalibur.
10) The source of the Crash Virus.

For some starters, here's some sources for some answers
1) The Dragon Heart Trilogy
3) the novel Psychotrope

I have some theories on others, such as #5
one is Alice, now a Ghost in the machine, one is now Damien KNight, formerly David Gavilian, and... of course... Fastjack.

Any ideas on some of these? Please, post away. I have a standing karma bounty in my game for answers to these.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cain
post Jan 4 2005, 05:42 AM
Post #2

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

For #7, there's only one other canon reference to a similar box that I know of. It's discussed in the opening to the original Harelquin adventure.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jan 4 2005, 05:44 AM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

[ Spoiler ]

~J

+Quote Post
Johnny Reb
post Jan 4 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #4

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 850

1) Dunk-Assisted Suicide to stop the Horrors. We don't acknowledge the Cyberzombie refuge.

3) This one's also in Target: Matrix. :) Is that an Echo?

4) Lof was given Oakforest's son by ... uh. I dunno who. BUT! He was given the lil' Immortal brat and then promptly ate him. Not sure why this made him then leave (He was only there for a snack in the first place? Dunno!) Oakforest will probably join Spinrad over this.

5) Seven members lived, right? Two invented the Cyberdeck, Damian Knight is one, Fastjack another, Lucien Cross, President Haefner, and Thomas Roxburough. Alice didn't quite make it. :)

6) Now THAT'S the 64,000Y question, now isn't it?

9) King Arthur has it.

10) Microsoft, attacking Wal-Mart. :)

-- Johnny Reb

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Jan 4 2005, 07:52 AM
Post #5

Traumatizing players since 1992

Member No.: 220

several people have corroberated that Fastjack was not in echo mirage, but IIRC Leonard Aurelius was.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jan 4 2005, 08:27 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

kagetenshi's answer #4 amuses me greatly.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Jan 4 2005, 08:41 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (Johnny Reb)
5) Seven members lived, right? Two invented the Cyberdeck, Damian Knight is one, Fastjack another, Lucien Cross, President Haefner, and Thomas Roxburough. Alice didn't quite make it. :)

1. No one knows if Fastjack was a member of EM. Strangely enough, no one asked him in T:M.

2. Kyle Haeffner was a lawyer, not a decker, with no ostensible ties to being a member of EM.

Otherwise, these have all been beaten to death long ago. try the search function. I hear it works, sometimes.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 4 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

These are answers per canon, what about some wild and crazy speculative fictions?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jan 4 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #9

Manus Celer Dei

QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jan 4 2005, 01:37 PM)
These are answers per canon, what about some wild and crazy speculative fictions?

Didn't read some of my answers, I take it? :)

QUOTE (mfb)
kagetenshi's answer #4 amuses me greatly.

~J

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Jan 4 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #10

Guests

Indeed. But there is a difference between wild speculation and uninformed nonsense.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jan 4 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

Uninformed nonsense, eh? Try this on for size: not only was the inaugural ball Dunkie was leaving held by the Mrs. Grundland's Peanut Butter Cookie company, he also found the recipe important enough to leave someone in his will for safeguarding. Perhaps he was foiling someone who wanted it back?

My nonsense is quite well informed, thank you very much :)

~J

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 4 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Crimson, did you happen to notice the first word in your last post, then compare it to your .sig?

Should I trust you?

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Jan 4 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #13

Guests

No.

+Quote Post
Gyro the Greek S...
post Jan 5 2005, 05:03 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,519

::lights the Ancient History signal::

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jan 5 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Heh.

1) who killed Dunkelzhan?

Dunkie. Dragonheart Trilogy, as noted.

2) What is the Deep Resonance?
3) Why did the matrix in Seattle crash for 12 minutes in 2060?
5) What happened to the members of Echo Mirage (besides the two that make the cyberdeck public)
10) The source of the Crash Virus.
4) What happened between Lowfyr and the elves of the Tir to make him quit the council?

Generally seen as either an agreement 'tween L and Hestaby, or L noticing shite about to hit the fan and getting out of dodge. No canon statement just yet.

6) What was in the box the the Big D bequeathed to Jaun Atzacapotzalco of Aztechnology that he opened on the Day of the Dead? PofD
7) The contents of the steel boxes left in trust to Nadja Daviar to hold for George Fenamore or his descendants. PofD

No idea. Rumor says the box may have freed Juan from the control of AZT's head honcho...or contained a spirit that possessed him.

8) The history between the elven rulers of the respective Tir's

Bit complicated to get into here, my Immortals page can help; ye may also like to look up the Alamais(e) Conspiracy.

9) The fate of Excalibur.

Ah. Probably still on the metaplanes, unless it has surfaced somewhere. I refer ye to the Harlequin's Back adventure and Post Mortem

+Quote Post
Kremlin KOA
post Jan 5 2005, 03:17 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,650

#1) nobody that's why that 7 year plan given to daviar has as its last step "Air out my mansion, fluff the pillows and have the cook prepare some lobster for june 15 2065

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jan 5 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #17

Manus Celer Dei

But do we think the Excalibur from Harlequin's Back is the Excalibur, or just a representation of it somewhere on the metaplanes?

~J

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 5 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Heck, if Harlequin is really Richard the Lionhearted, then why can't it be the real deal?

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Jan 5 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #19

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Heck, if Harlequin is really Richard the Lionhearted, then why can't it be the real deal?

How are the two related??

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 5 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

They are not really, but neither is explicitly prohibited or stated in canon as far as I know.

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Jan 5 2005, 05:53 PM
Post #21

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

20...65? Thats this cannonical year. Wooo... STUFF!
#7. A number of people seculate that its books, Earthdawn era magical books of evil and badness. Other people say its a ruse. I just wanna know why there is so much money going to Bethleham Steel if they have to destroy it.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 5 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

High risk pay???

+Quote Post
Zeel De Mort
post Jan 5 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,175

QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
#1) nobody that's why that 7 year plan given to daviar has as its last step "Air out my mansion, fluff the pillows and have the cook prepare some lobster for june 15 2065

Which book is this from? I fully believe you, but would just like to read up on it myself. I'm guessing PoaD or DotSW?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jan 5 2005, 07:28 PM
Post #24

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

As for the 'Excalibur' in Harlequin's back, that's more of just a representation of completing the task and coming to terms with something. Question there is, does it tie in more deeply to Harlequins past. I think it's DoSW where someone makes mention of the Camelot legends, and how they think that Celedyr doesn't work with the legends much. harlequin jumps in and makes some crack about "not wanting that dolt Ar'thu to get more attention he doesn't deserve.'

My guess as far as the elves go is that it's still tied to the rift between the elves of Wyrm (blood) wood, and the elves of Sereatha or Shoshara (one of which is where Harlequin/Cambieul is from). Aithne oakforestis listed as one of Queen Alachias Blood warders.

I never could decide if Cross was one of the Echo mirage-ers. Although I don't think kyle haefner was. Also still trying to decide of Roxborough was the source of the crash virus (directly on indirectly), and wether or not the surviving crash virus has anything to do w/ the Deep resonance. And if so, what would Mirage the AI have to say about it?

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 5 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

IIRC Halfner was just married to Alice, not sure, haven't read the novels recently.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.