Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Character Sheets or Generator?
Hacker
post Jan 5 2005, 05:49 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,935

Does anybody have a good suggestion for a 3e character generator besides the NSRCG? It's decent but I don't much care for the output. I'm looking for a generator that will produce a clean character sheet, besides just generating a character. I would also be interested in any "fillable" type PDF character sheets or Excel sheets. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sandoval Smith
post Jan 5 2005, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 6,690

I might be old fashioned, but I make them on the generator, and then copy them over to a sheet in pencil.

+Quote Post
Mr. Man
post Jan 5 2005, 03:32 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,015

Have you tried printing to XML with the NSRCG? Some of the XML sheets are very nice.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 5 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

Define cleaner. NSRCG has a lot of options. What are your needs?

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jan 5 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

Also, you can set up an Excel sheet pretty easily on your own. The help files are very helpful, and the integrated formulae are useful.

+Quote Post
U_Fester
post Jan 5 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,863

I use a Word document for mine. I got bored and created all of the Sheets for SRIII. This way my group can either print one out and fill them in or we update online and print.

As for generators, I do it all my hand.

+Quote Post
Hacker
post Jan 5 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #7

Target

QUOTE (Mr. Man)
Have you tried printing to XML with the NSRCG? Some of the XML sheets are very nice.

I don't think I've tried the XML. I will try and see what happens. I think it did HTML when I did it the first time and it cut some portions off.

+Quote Post
Hacker
post Jan 5 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #8

Target

QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Define cleaner. NSRCG has a lot of options. What are your needs?

I think NSRCG does a good job...for the most part...I guess I was looking for something that would print out looking a little closer to the official character sheet..maybe modified per archetype. The only other question I had is that it doesn't seem to be able to add certain cyberdecks, even if you have the nuyen for them. Any ideas as to why?

And as far as the "clean" part is concerned, that part goes back to wanting it to be close to the original in format, and also, I think I mentioned in a previous post, that it seemed to cut part of the sheet off in the printing process. That may be an HTML issue though. I will look again tonight and see if I can do anything different to it.

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Jan 6 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #9

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

95% of these 16 character sheets were generated with the XML output option of NSRCG, using this LW.XSL XSL file for formatting.

I'm very happy with using XSL output from NSRCG for character sheets.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 6 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #10

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Hacker)
The only other question I had is that it doesn't seem to be able to add certain cyberdecks, even if you have the nuyen for them. Any ideas as to why?

This is probably to do with the Availability rules for character generation. You can change this in the Options section if you want to.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:46 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.