Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR PRotocol
wwachtle
post Jan 5 2005, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,938

i've just recently gotten involved in SR and finished reading the core book and practiced making some characters. SR is non-existent in my area so theses boards will most likely be my only SR resource. So in light of this, I was wondering what the protocols surrounding rpging in this sort of format and how to best experience it. I have very little rpging experience. I've dabbled around in some WoD but it just wasn't very exciting. SR seems like its packed with action. So what the best way to really playing Sr while causing the least number of problems for all yall experienced folk. Are there OOC games tailored for beginners or training excercises held by people on this forum? I just would like to get some experience before hopping into some of these more advanced games on the forum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jan 6 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Occasionally we have walkthrough threads about some of the more intricate areas of the game (such as the The Idiot's Guide To The Matrix).

As of right now, some people are having the same trouble as you. OOC:newbie looking, and i mean newbie!

Honestly don't know what to tell you. SR can have lots of action if that's the game the GM runs, but usually that gets filtered over the net. Unless you do IM games, which tend to go one way or the other.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 6 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #3

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Hey K10 ... there are a couple of people here who wouldn't mind getting into an action-heavy game. Want to run one? :D

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jan 6 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #4

Beetle Eater

Honestly, I have no patience for teaching, and less over the 'Net.

That said, I'm running a "Combat for Crazies" walkthrough on SotSW.net for Kagetenshi. Along with a personal "Matrix for Morons", you could say that I am preparing to run games online. Just don't hold your breath.

Also, wwachtle, you may want to check the IRC #shadowrun and ask around for games. Just don't tell them I sent you. You may talk to mfb, a person here on Dumpshock, about Shadowland - I hypothesize that they may have something like n00b training there.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 6 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I didn't say anything about 'teaching'. There are a few experienced gamers who also want to play that type of game ... for a change.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Jan 6 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

#shadowrun...which server?

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jan 6 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

No clue. I used the webclient before, but I think it's still down... Hang on, I think they posted it before...

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jan 6 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #8

Beetle Eater

phoenix.dumpshock.com? I don't have a client so I can't test it.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Jan 6 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #9

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

One thing you do run into a lot on the net is games that get dropped, for one reason or another.
Usually it's the GM that calls it off, (or just stops posting) but one way or another the game never really gets going.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:47 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.