Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can an SK change "deck modes?"
Moon-Hawk
post Jan 25 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,715

Can a Semiautonimous Knowbot change deck modes the way a decker can? Why or why not?

ref.
Matrix pg. 123 for Switching Modes and pg. 147-150 for info on SKs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Jan 25 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #2

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

Oh dear, replying to my own post already: (I figure I should make some type of argument to get things moving)

Basically, the way I understand switching modes, is that you're essentially slaving one persona chip to another. To run in Masking mode at the expense of Bod, you use your Bod chip/program as a subprocessor to your Masking, and so your Bod suffers but you get a Masking boost.

So if an SK is made up of lots and lots of subroutines, then it's bod subroutine and it's masking subroutine are running software that is, if not identical, highly analgous to the software burned onto the chips for a deck's bod or masking. It stands to reason that an SK constructed this way should be able to switch modes just like a deck by slaving one subroutine to another, exactly like a deck.

+Quote Post
Garland
post Jan 25 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,043

I don't have Matrix in front of me, but I'd have to say why the heck not? An SK should be just as cool/tough as a decker, if not more so.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:37 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.