Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Staple Metamagics
Endgame50
post Feb 17 2005, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,496

The Staple Spells Thread got me thinking... in my group, we tend to gravitate towards certain metamagic techniques, and usually in a certain order too. Are there any metamagic techniques you consider to be staples? If so, do you take them in any particular order?

For me, it's almost always Masking, Shielding, Centering, in about that order. I like Masking to hide sustaining foci and the like, Shielding to protect myself and my teammates more efficiently (and it's nice adding +TNs to offset a non 6 body or willpower), and Centering is just nice. (A karma sink, but nice)

I really haven't made use of many others--invoking, anchoring and quickening all sound potentially fun, but I've never seen them used. For that matter, has anyone ever needed psychometry or filtering?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 17 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Those are pretty much the Big Three for a spellslinger, though Divination has come up in a game and Invoking and Channeling are extremely useful for conjurers.

~J

+Quote Post
toturi
post Feb 17 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #3

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Full magician: Masking, Shielding, Centering. Usually, they have a Centering linked skill all ready, but the main purpose for a full mage of any tradition that I've seen in my games is simply to counter the enemy mages, so there is not much actual spell casting.

Adept(non-magical): Centering (Physical and Stealth), Centering (Melee/Range combat or Social), Masking, Cognition.

+Quote Post
Edward
post Feb 17 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

honestly I don’t like masking first, you cant hide enough in it. Until grade 3 or 4.

I like centering invoking (on a shaman) and shielding for early picks.

Edward

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.