Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drakes as PCs, Rules Location Question
Nalanthi
post Feb 17 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,172

I'm just getting back from a year and a half long hiatus from shadowrun and running a one shot or two to dust my skills off. One of my players wants to run a drake but I can't find the rules for it. Am I reading over them in threats 2? Did I hallucinate the fact that they existed in the first place? Please let me know.

Nalanthi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Feb 17 2005, 04:41 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Threats 2 talks about drakes a bit, but Dragons of the Sixth World has the (weaker) PC drake rules.

+Quote Post
Nalanthi
post Feb 17 2005, 05:14 PM
Post #3

Target

Argh. Thanks, If I had waited just a few more hours I probably would have found it myself as I am currently rereading Dragons of the Sixth World. I didn't even think to look in it for Drake rules because I think of it as a sourcebook rather than a rulebook. Oh well.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Feb 17 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #4

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

I didn't see rules for actually making a drake in DotSW (thank goodness), just a template for approximately what they'd look like. Are there any actual rules on the matter? Or is it just up to the GM to make sure the PC approximately fits the template without being too uber?

+Quote Post
Capt. Dave
post Feb 17 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,183

The rules are (kinda) in DOTSW. 25 BPs for bonuses they never really describe; you kind of have to infer them from the Bred Drake chart.

If your player is looking to build an uber-drag0n, then he'll be sorely dissappointed. Drakes aren't alll that powerful.

+Quote Post
Nalanthi
post Feb 17 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #6

Target

Hmm, at work at the moment so I willl need to look at the sketchy rules later. If they are as bad as you say then I will probably be back to try and hash through them. No, she doesn't want to play an uber dragon, I balanced dragon as a player class some time ago but no one has taken me up on my offer of dragon as a race with a cost of 120 points. Not sure why. :vegm:

Nalanthi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:10 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.