Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Albino, Anyone played one?
torzzzzz
post Mar 7 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #1

It's for winners

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,067

I was looking to create a new and interesting character, and saw on NSRCG that you can take the option of being albino. Has anyone played one before? If so how did they pull it off, I was going to opt for the flaw - allergy to light, has anyone got any suggestions as to what else would help the charecter along. It was going to be a shamon, human (as I have never played a human before). Not sure what totem yet.

Thanks

torz x 8)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Mar 7 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #2

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,686

Albino comes with a few bonuses and flaws, one of which is a minor allergy to sunlight.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Mar 7 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Decker on the Threshold

Member No.: 6,156

I *am* one, does that count? :D

(Edit): The albino rules are in src p. 20. They're really only useful if you also shell out for the Exceptional Attribute(Will) edge, netting you a Willpower Attribute Racial Modified limit of 8 for humans (10 for Gnomes!) Unless you try to munch the willpower with something like that, though, the mechanics just aren't worth it; just take the Flaws instead and net yourself more ponts. :)

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Mar 7 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 6,722

Yeah, you get hit with Sensitive System and Mild Allergy: Sunlight iirc. I created a highly fashion-conscious mage called Dr. Frost a while back off the visual concept of a white-suited albino with wraparound mirrorshades. Never got around to playing him though, sorry.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Mar 7 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 7,014

QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
(Edit): The albino rules are in src p. 20. They're really only useful if you also shell out for the Exceptional Attribute(Will) edge, netting you a Willpower Attribute Racial Modified limit of 8 for humans (10 for Gnomes!) Unless you try to munch the willpower with something like that, though, the mechanics just aren't worth it; just take the Flaws instead and net yourself more ponts. :)

Well, that and for roleplaying purposes, although the social stigma for being an albino human has probably lessened in the Sixth World, I'd imagine (why worry about that really white guy with red eyes when that THING over there is twice your size?). Then again, if you play an albino metahuman, then you'll get the metavariant double whammy, probably.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 7 2005, 05:49 PM
Post #6

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

I did once with a Rigger. Was fun, but I dropped it on the second iteration of the character.

~J

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Mar 7 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

I've got one Albino, which is an Otaku. Tended to overplay her flaws and Allergies. was fun.

+Quote Post
JaronK
post Mar 7 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,323

Albino Gnome with Exceptional Attribute: Willpower and Bonus Attribute Point: Willpower: you can start with a willpower of 11! Wheeee!

JaronK

+Quote Post
torzzzzz
post Mar 7 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #9

It's for winners

QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 7 2005, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond @ Mar 7 2005, 12:33 PM)

Well, that and for roleplaying purposes, although the social stigma for being an albino human has probably lessened in the Sixth World, I'd imagine (why worry about that really white guy with red eyes when that THING over there is twice your size?). Then again, if you play an albino metahuman, then you'll get the metavariant double whammy, probably.

Hahnsoo, I like it..... mm 9ft albino troll? interesting! might give it a go, can you imagen the faces?! LOL :rotfl:

Eyeless Blond - Thanks for the advice on the willpower that makes it more attractive!

torz x :D

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Mar 7 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #10

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

QUOTE (JaronK)
Albino Gnome with Exceptional Attribute: Willpower and Bonus Attribute Point: Willpower: you can start with a willpower of 11! Wheeee!

JaronK

Exceptional Attribute only raises the attribute maximum - it doesn't give another bonus attribute point.

Gnome 8
Albino 9
Bonus Attribute 10
Exceptional Attribute - can raise to 15

+Quote Post
JaronK
post Mar 7 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,323

It raises the maximum you can get in the beginning too... so it's:

Gnome 8
Albino 9
Exceptional 10
Bonus 11.

So your Attribute Maximum is 10, but you start with 11. Wheee.

JaronK

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 7 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #12

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

tisoz is correct. Even though the Exceptional Attribute Edge raises your maximum, you are still limited to only 6 points plus any extra points from Race or Edges into any single Attribute at chargen.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Mar 8 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #13

Decker on the Threshold

There is a common exception made for Otaku in that regard, mostly because without it they are hamstrung in the Matrix *and* in the meat world, but it's still a house-rule.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 8 2005, 01:04 AM
Post #14

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
There is a common exception made for Otaku in that regard, mostly because without it they are hamstrung in the Matrix *and* in the meat world, but it's still a house-rule.

That's akin to a bonus (like from an Edge or race), as opposed to actually assigning more than 6 points to the Attribute.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Mar 8 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #15

Decker on the Threshold

Hmm, that's an interesting way to interpret it. I can see where you're coming from there, and it makes sense. Could have been worded clearer though; heck, maybe this is an area where the FAQ might even be of some use? :)

Otaku are still screwed when it comes to Submersion, though, and when being built under BeCKS. :P

+Quote Post
torzzzzz
post Mar 8 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #16

It's for winners

QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
Hmm, that's an interesting way to interpret it. I can see where you're coming from there, and it makes sense. Could have been worded clearer though; heck, maybe this is an area where the FAQ might even be of some use? :)

Otaku are still screwed when it comes to Submersion, though, and when being built under BeCKS. :P

FAQ? are you sure? Have looked at all the moaning that go's on about them??

torz x ;)

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Mar 8 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #17

Decker on the Threshold

QUOTE (torzzzzz)
FAQ? are you sure? Have looked at all the moaning that go's on about them??

Yes I have. I'm one of the louder complainers, in fact. Something like this, though, is what the FAQ is meant to address: a rules interpretation question where by the associated text any number of interpretations are possible, and the FAQ is supposed to pick which one is the "official" interpretation. What I don't like about the current FAQ is they are not only delving into areas that aren't actually covered by the current ruleset--effectively writing new rules in a document that is supposed to be only clarification--but are doing so badly, making up rules that contradict those already in the text.

Anyway, back to albinism. :D

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 8 2005, 03:08 PM
Post #18

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)

Everyone is screwed when built with BeCKS! :D

The FAQ is generally alright, and does serve a purpose. It just includes a few strange interpretations that don't go along with the canon rules.

+Quote Post
Lantzer
post Mar 8 2005, 05:31 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,335

Not generalists..

Generalists never get screwed :(

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Mar 8 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #20

Running Target

That's because they only bought Seduction at 3 levels and didn't pony up for Tailored Pheromones.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 8 2005, 05:27 PM
Post #21

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Lantzer)
Generalists never get screwed

They just naturally suck! :D

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Mar 8 2005, 05:37 PM
Post #22

Running Target

Ow. Ow. Pain. Ow.

:grinbig:

+Quote Post
torzzzzz
post Mar 8 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #23

It's for winners

*poke*

*snigger*

torz x ;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.