Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pointless Bioware?
SirKalamon
post Mar 14 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,079

Anyone else find it disheartened to get Pathogenic Defense,Toxin Extractor or Tracheal filter to help remove the severity of diseases,toxins and compounds when all it really is doing is increasing the potency (due to increased bio Index raises the power by 1 for every 2 bio index) of those very things the bioware is implanted to protect against? Anyone else feel the same way?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
psykotisk_overle...
post Mar 14 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,817

It's specifically stated in the rules for bio-index penalties that bioware mods that reduce disease lethality or healing times don't count towards calculating penalties to diseases or healing based on bio index.

Thus they are not pointless, because they really do make you better at resisting diseases, without penalizing you at the same time.

+Quote Post
SirKalamon
post Mar 14 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 7,079

Oh well then that makes a big difference then. So anyways, thank you and excuse me as I retract my earlier statement. :wobble:

+Quote Post
psykotisk_overle...
post Mar 14 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,817

No worries, glad to be of help. Just remember, shadowrun rules tend to make sense balance wise, if not RL-wise.

(Yes, there are exceptions)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:05 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.