> Living in the Shadows: IC, Jan 8th-14th
WinterRat1
post Mar 16 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,260

World IC Thread.

This is the IC thread for the Living in the Shadows Campaign, for the period of Jan. 8th-14th. Once your character begins Jan. 8th, you should begin posting here. The OOC thread will still be used as normal. This first post will consistently be edited to include all current IC sub-games. Think of it as a table of contents. All remaining posts after the first should be considered to be World IC posts.

Additionally, here are the links for the OOC, Shadowland IC, and the Guidelines thread, which has the character creation requirements, as well as various GM rulings on numerous topics.

General LITS Information

Living in the Shadows: Guidelines
Living in the Shadows: Recruitment 1 (closed; see LITS: Recruitment 2)
Living in the Shadows: Recruitment 2
Living in the Shadows: Special Projects

Main LITS Threads

Living in the Shadows: SR 3 OOC
Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Living in the Shadows: IC Jan 1st - Jan 7th
Living in the Shadows: IC Jan 8th - Jan 14th
Living in the Shadows: Shadowland OOC
Living in the Shadows: Shadowland IC

Useful LITS-related Links

Living in the Shadows: Story Index Page
Useful Calendar Link for 2063
Seattle Sprawl Map

LITS Run Index

Living in the Shadows: The Warehouse Job OOC 1 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: The Warehouse Job IC 1 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: Running Over the Edge OOC 2 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: Running Over the Edge IC 2 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: Salvation OOC 3
Living in the Shadows: Salvation IC 3
Living in the Shadows: A Short Victorious War OOC 4
Living in the Shadows: A Short Victorious War IC 4

00:00:00 (Specific Day) January 1, 2063
Let's start each post with a date and Location. Please post it in Orange.
I will see how things are moving along and sychronize the dates periodically.

Please put names in BOLD, a character's thoughts/internal dialogue as well as anything being emphasized in ITALICS, and spoken words in QUOTES. Oh, and don't forget to turn off signatures for all IC posts please. Thanks! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Mar 16 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #2

Dragon

This space will contain a list of the GMs, players under them, and the characters (and names thereof) the player is playing. Think of it as a directory so you know who's out there to interact with. (We have decided to leave out what the player is, as it is info they may wish to keep private.)

Player GM: grendel
  • Avalanche (Shev)
  • Todd (Ecclesiastes)
  • Marquis Cooper (Bastard)
  • Cosmo (Morgannah)
  • Tenmou (Shadowrunner13)
  • Eyes (The Eyes)
Player GM: Sedna
  • Andie (SentineloftheMountain)
  • Dragon (WinterRat1)
  • Virgil (bandit50)
  • Daedalus (TiredRonin)
Player GM: WinterRat1
  • Alleycat (Sedna)
  • Blaze (paul_HArkonen)
  • Max (Slipshade)
  • Scrapheap (Scrapheap)
  • Tin Star (Digital Heroin)
Player GM: Banditf50
  • Knight (Moirdryd)
  • Erebus (Cedric Rolfson)

+Quote Post
Slipshade
post Mar 16 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,278

05:45:33 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor - Penthouse

Max awoke to the gentile shaking of Jeeves’s hand on his arm. “You requested that I awaken you just before dawn Master Steiner. Am I free to go?”

Waking up slowly, Max rolls over and looks into the wrinkled face of the hearth spirit standing at his bedside. “Yes of course Jeeves, and thank you,” he says groggily.

The ghostly form of the butler slowly fades from Max’s view as the disembodied voice of Jeeves replies. “Just doing my job sir.”

Max sits up in bed, letting the covers fall off his torso and pool around his waist and stretches. Just the right amount of predawn light spills through the self-polarizing glass of his bedroom wall. Last nights storm had abated leaving the morning not much more than a grey drizzle. Max extracts himself from his bed and moves to a long dresser on the south wall. The dresser is covered with picture frames, their pictures a montage of people and places. One inparticular catches Max’s attention. The frame is nothing special, silver with an engraving at the bottom. “Department of Magic - Class of 2062.” It was probably the best class Max had taught. Quite a number of the students showed real interest and talent. Sandy and Mark, Rita and James, Antoinette and Cassius among others were standing in the quad at the University and in the background of the picture was a young man with short blonde hair and blue eyes. He was dressed in slacks, a black sweater and a sports jacket. He was a good-looking young man that still bore a resemblance to the man now staring at the picture. Max looks into the gold-filigree framed mirror mounted above the dresser. The blue eyes were still the same, but not much else was. The man staring into the mirror had delicate features with the distinct upswept ears and high cheekbones of an elf. His skin was no longer the pale pink of a Caucasian, but a light grey tone, the color of white granite. The short blonde hair faded almost to the point of being white and now grew to the length of his shoulders overnight, no matter how many times he cut it. He was still an attractive man, but it was an exotic beauty, it was as if someone had carved and chiseled his body from the rock that he so resembles, a statue Pygmalion would have been proud of.

‘It still just seems so strange’ he thinks as he runs his clawed hand through his hair, yanking out a knot and tying it back with a rubber band. Taking his eyes off of the reflection in the mirror Max pulls a pair of boxers and black sweatpants from the drawer and puts them on.

Again moving downstairs Max makes his way to his workout room. The room had pretty much gone to waste when he was employed at the university as most of his time was spent in research or teaching his classes. Now that he is unemployed he figures it is a good time to test out all of the equipment he had purchased over a year ago. A rack of free weight and three different benches adorned the East wall. The western and southern walls contained a number of weight machines ment to target specific muscular regions. In the center of the room was a contraption Max dubbed “The Torture Rack.” He was sure it had a real name, like the Cardo-shuttle or the Abo-lizer, but Torture Rack was infinitely more appropriate. Locking himself into the machine Max set its program to level 3 or moderately debilitating as he referred to it.

After an hour of shear torture Max crawls out of the ‘rack and makes his way…slowly…very slowly to the bath, where he strips off his workout wear and steps down into the steaming pool in the center of the bathing room.

“Music…Classical, random”

The soothing sounds of Mozart’s Serenade in Bb Major drift through the room as Max’s lets the warm waters of the bath loosen his muscles.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Mar 17 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,546

1200 Tuesday, January 9, 2063 - Land's End Magic Shop

"Hmm," says Solomon slowly, that hint of mischief back in his voice as he nods acknowledgement to Andie's security shopping list, "do you have any idea how much what Sara has, costs?"

The young mage studies him astrally, trying to determine what lies behind the comments, especially the previous one; but most of Solomon's attention is fully on the plans, with a degree of concentration that Andie had never seen in anyone except himself and his teacher (and he sometimes had his doubts about Sara). Oh yeah, and the fixer's definitely Awakened, couple of levels of initiation there for sure.

Like that's really a surprise to someone like Andie. Maybe he's just jealous I thought of it first?

"You will need something at least two or three metres wide for the mechanical room," Solomon was saying. "Ventilation, cooling space behind the coils, human-space room to fix the machinery if you have to. If you move your chimney there ... hmm ... I thought you mentioned earlier that you were thinking of having a small public reading room with a fireplace? But since you have moved your chimney to the opposite side of the warehouse, maybe you have reconsidered."

Solomon's wristphone rings. He glances at the screen, then at Andie, who hasn't moved. "Just bear in mind that 10 metres square is a very large space," he says softly. "You will not feel at all cramped in your living space. You might also wish to sketch in the furniture for your store, get a feel for just how much space you have to work with there. Now, if you will excuse me for a moment ...?"

+Quote Post
Slipshade
post Mar 17 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #5

Running Target

07:50:12 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor - Penthouse

Washed and dressed, Max heads to the desk in his study and flips the switch on the computer.

Time to look for some work.’

CODE

[B]Marcus[/B],

How’s the exciting world of field reporting treating you?  Like most people, I thourowly enjoyed the expose you did on smuggling and its connection to the Cascade clans.  I bet the T-bird ride was phemonenal.  We should meet for drinks sometime soon to catch up on things.  I am also currently between jobs right now and was wondering if you had an research or lead you needed looking into.  Give me a call soon you know the number.

Best Regards,

[B]Max[/B]

CODE

[B]Eddie[/B],

How are things at the University?  Not to swamped I hope. I was wondering if you have heard about any independent research going on?  I am between jobs and could use a little extra nuyen.  Let me know if anything comes up.  Here's to Lundow catching

[B]Max[/B]

CODE

Mary Jane Weber,

Just a follow up to my e-mail yesterday.  I am also currently looking for freelance work if you have any available.  Please give me a call if anything comes up.  You have my number.

Best Regards,

Dr. Maxwell Steiner, PhD.

While typing a message appears in his in-box. It is from a former student of his.

CODE

Hi Professor!

I was wondering of you could come by sometime this week and take a look at a couple of our Aardwolves.  They are a mated pair and haven’t been eating well lately, I can’t figure out why?  It would be a big help.

Thx a bunch,

Antoinette

Max smiles at the message. Antoinette was probably his best student. She had a photographic memory when it can to the parazoological. She was just a wonderful person really, always happy and optimistic.

‘Hard to find those characteristics now a days.’

‘Heh, you sound like an old man. Your only five years older than she is.’

Max replies.

CODE

Antoinette,

I would be happy to come by.  I have promised to help a friend today at one of the inner city soup kitchens, but I will come by the zoo tomorrow afternoon and take a look.  If anything changes I will let you know.  It is good to hear from you again.

Max

One more thing needed to be done before he headed out to the Respite Soup Kitchen to meet up with Keira. Punching in a series of pass codes he had garnered from Marcus, Max found himself somewhere he never thought he would be…the Shadowlands

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Mar 18 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #6

Dragon

08:35:30 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor - Penthouse

After some browsing on Shadowland, Max logs off and begins taking care of some minor matters around the house that need his attention. At about 8:35 or so, his phone rings. Not his house phone either. The other phone. Such a quick response, I wonder who it could be... Max thinks to himself as he debates whether to pick it up or let it ring.

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 18 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Prime Runner

Member No.: 284

21:27:31 Monday 08 January, 2063 - Seattle Class Bravo Airspace

"Seattle Center, Windmill Six One One and flight, with you level three thousand."

"Windmill Six One One flight, Seattle Center, radar contact."

"Windmill Six One One flight, contact Sea-Tac approach, one one niner point two."

"One one niner point two, Windmill Six One One flight switching."

"Approach, Windmill Six One One and flight, with you level three thousand."

"Windmill Six One One flight, Sea-Tac Approach, radar contact, descend and maintain one thousand seven hundred, say request."

"One thousand seven hundred for Windmill Six One One, we'd like the ILS runway three four right."

"Roger, Windmill Six One One, turn right three five five, vectors for final."

"Three five five, Windmill Six One One."

"Windmill Six One One and flight, you're cleared for ILS three four right approach to Sea-Tac. Weather is five hundred and one, with an RVR of fifteen hundred in snow. Braking action is fair. Altimeter is three zero two two, temperature four degrees, winds are three two zero at twenty five gusting thirty."

"Cleared full stop runway three four right, altimeter three zero two two, Windmill Six One One."

"SEA-TAC, WINDMILL SIX ONE ONE, MAYDAY, MAY-"

"Windmill Six One One, Approach, say again."

"Windmill Six One One, Approach, understand you're declaring an emergency?"

"Windmill Six One One, Sea-Tac Approach on guard, if you can hear switch to my frequency one one niner point two or two eight four point seven."

"Windmill Six One One, Sea-Tac Approach on guard."

+Quote Post
bclements
post Mar 18 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,021

0840 Monday, 08 January, 2063-Capitol Hill Terrace Apartments

Slowly hearing the incessant beeping that penetrated his dream, Tony slowly opens his eyes, lying still in bed, and feels around in his head for the telltale sinuslike headache the spells “Hangover”. Finding no headache, nor any other discomfort except for dry mouth and the annoying alarm on the trideo, he swings over an sits on the edge of the bed. Realizing that the dream was about Andie almost brings on a headache of its own. “I wonder if she made it out of Atlanta in one piece” Tony thinks to himself. Shaking the thought out of his head, Tony reaches over to his psec and makes a note to call Zeyda up and see if there’s any work out there. “Get some cred together and hire a decker to find her and Ricky”, Tony thinks to himself, before turning his attention to the alarm.

Standing up, he yells "ALARM OFF!", thinking to himself “Why the hell do I even turn this on? It’s not like I’m heading off to the office”. Grimly smiling to himself at that, he walks over to the bathroom and rinses his mouth out, then settles into his living room for his morning exercises. Looking out the window at the bleak drizzleing cityscape while stretching, Tony thinks to himself “…one of the few things I miss about the CAS: you can count on it to be sunny and dry some of the time. Not so up here…”

An hour later, with exercising and a shower and shave making him feel mostly human again, Tony gets dressed in his normal attire. Checking himself out in the mirror, he remembers what Sam always said to him. “Boy, you dress like you’re a stockbroker. Some ganger is going to get an idea that you’re an easy mark”. Smiling to himself at the memory of the old ork's needling, Tony makes a note on his psec to call up Sam and have a drink this afternoon. Satisfied with his looks and grabbing his credstick, Tony walks down to the street for some real coffee and a scan of the business screamsheets.

+Quote Post
Slipshade
post Mar 18 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #9

Running Target

08:35:31 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor – Penthouse

Max hesitates for a second. He really didn’t want to blow Keira off today, but the phone ringing is the number he gave out on Shadowlands

‘It could be work and right now you need that more than anything.’

Max picks up the receiver.

“Hello, how can I help you?”

+Quote Post
bclements
post Mar 18 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

0955 Monday, 8 January 2063-"The Grounds" coffeeshop, Capitol Hill, Seattle
"...tall real, black, and a danish, right?" the female Elf barista repeated back to Tony. "Right", he acknowledged, and slotted his credstick. Picking up his breakfast, Tony scans the sparsely populated seating area. The morning rush over and the lunch crowd still awhile away, its easy for Tony to get a booth toward the back.

Sitting down facing the door, he takes a sip of coffee, pulls out his psec, and makes a call to Zedya's drop. "It's Tony. If you've got anything available, I'm up for it. Depending on what you have, I've got a request as well". Tony hangs up, and dials Sam. Getting his voice mail he leaves a message: "Sam, you old fragger. Unless you've got a good reason, you're having a drink or several with me later on this evening. Holler back for a time".

Having gotten something productive done, Tony settles in with the business page and his breakfast. "Renraku Posts Loss, Sites Ongoing Arcology cleanup" was the headline. Well, no drek. Not like having a mulit-hundred million nuyen PR disaster on you're hands to cause the balance sheet to be off. Scanning the rest of the sheet, Tony digs into his danish.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 18 2005, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Grand Nagus

Member No.: 6,518

1130 Monday January08, 2063- Marquis Cooper's Apartment

Marquis sits in his chair daydreaming a bit, cleaning a Ares Preditor that he has taken on. The owner loves the classic model, but wants it upgraded to Preditor III capabilities. Marq understands the owners feelings, as he looks out the window at his sunset orange 2005 Cadi. A combination of old and new has always been better than SOTA, at least to those in their respected industries.

Standing to get a "wake up" stretch, Marq sets the weapon onto what has become his work desk. He double checks that he has everything before heading outside. With him he carries small dufflebag containing his overalls and lunch, just in case he is at the shop longer than expected. Today Chavez needs an extra hand droping an engine into an old Brumbry. It should only take about an hour to help him out, but you know how things go. There is always one bolt, usually the last you get to, that is stripped out.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Mar 18 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #12

Dragon

08:36:19 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor – Penthouse

"I would like to speak to the Professor please," the voice at the other end answers. A slight hint of an asian accent is present in the precise, measured tones of the speaker.

"This is him," Max answers in a precise, professional tone of voice. At least, he hoped it was. As a relative newbie to shadow biz, he hadn't been exposed to very much 'real' running, working more as a freelancer on a wide variety of projects rather than limiting himself to blowing up labs and jumping off skyscrapers onto helicopters.

"A party that I represent has heard of your credentials. You seem to be an expert in parazoology and the more, shall we say, 'arcane' areas of science, yes? This party is looking for a man like yourself, one with exceptional scientific credentials and a willingness to work in more...'grey' areas of science. This party wishes me to meet with you to discuss terms of employment in regards to a special research project. Are you interested in meeting with me to learn more?"

The voice pauses, waiting for an answer.

+Quote Post
Slipshade
post Mar 18 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #13

Running Target

08:38:30 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor – Penthouse

The thought of a job was a relief to Max, but what the man ment by the more grey areas of science he didn't know and that bothered him.

'Well, no harm in hearing what this gentleman has to say'

"I would be happy to set up a meeting with you. Where would you like to meet and on what date?"

Figuring it was best to treat this conversation as if it was one of his old faculty meetings, Max kept the tone business-like and polite.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Mar 18 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #14

Dragon

08:38:59 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor – Penthouse

"How about this evening, at 2200 at the Paradigm Shift. It is a new club in town, in Touristville, Redmond. Tell the bouncer out front that you are there for Mr. Fan, and he will direct you from there. Is this acceptable to you?"

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 19 2005, 03:16 AM
Post #15

Prime Runner

10:12:55 Monday 8 January 2063 - The Grounds coffeeshop, Capitol Hill, Seattle, UCAS

Tony flips closed the last page of the Journal just as his phone lights up with an incoming call. The caller ID spit out the number he'd just dialed for his fixer half an hour ago.

"Tony," he answered.

"Hey, it's Zeyda. I got your message earlier. Why don't you stop by Miner's Landing tonight, say seven? I'll brief you on what I've got then."

"Sure." Tony made a note in his electronic datebook. "I'll see you then."

"Be careful out there." Zeyda cut the line. Tony pocketed the phone, his eyes glancing across a headline buried in the very back of the local news section. Pioneering computer programmer shot dead.

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 19 2005, 03:37 AM
Post #16

Prime Runner

11:48:30 Monday January 08, 2063 - Cooper's Automotive Shop, Seattle, UCAS

Chavez was standing by the open garage door as Marq walked up to the shop, wiping his hands on a rag. He hooked his thumb towards the back office.

"Hey, some guy was here this morning when I opened up. Says he wants to talk to you about something. I told him you'd be by later and he said he'd wait. That was two hours ago. Something's not right about this ese, watch yourself."

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 19 2005, 08:39 AM
Post #17

Grand Nagus

1150 Monday January 08, 2063-Cooper's Automotive, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

Ok, what did I get myself into... Checking his twin gold Savalette Guardians, Marquis pulls the one for his left hand holding it low against his leg. Turning the corner into the office, he drags the gun behind him, hidden behind the wall. Standing in the doorway he is prepared to pull his other pistol, and swing the other from behind the door way.

+Quote Post
bclements
post Mar 20 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

1015 Monday, 08 January 2063 The Grounds Coffee shop, Capitol Hill, Seattle UCAS

Somehow, I don't think that suicide's involved. But who wants to kill an old computer guy now? Tony thought to himself while scanning the story. Dismissing the thought and finishing with the paper, Tony gets up and smooths his clothes, and makes his way into the drizzle back to his apartment to get his car. Now with a plan for the day, and some time to kill before this evening, he decides to pick up the car and some gear, head over to Sung's dojo for a bit, then off to his Bellvue safehouse to drop off some clothes. Maybe that old man needs some help cleaning up the place. And with a job on the way, the retreat may get some use out of it soon.

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 21 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #19

Prime Runner

11:51:18 Monday January 08, 2063 - Cooper's Automotive, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

Standing in Marquis' office is a young man dressed in an expensive tres chic suit. He carries an attache case in his right hand and makes a show of checking a very expensive chronograph on his left wrist. Apart from his shaved head, the only notable thing about him are the pair of obvious cybereyes revealed when he removes his sunglasses. They are opaque and pale white, giving the impression that he has no eyes at all.

"Mr. Cooper." It's a statement rather than a question, more of an opening to the conversation than anything else. Marquis gets the impression that this man doesn't ask questions to verify information he already knows. It doesn't reassure him, though.

"Who's asking?"

"I have a business proposition for you. I understand you have a business that deals with weapon modifications and customizations. I have a weapon that needs to be modified."

+Quote Post
Slipshade
post Mar 21 2005, 05:23 PM
Post #20

Running Target

08:39:28 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor – Penthouse

“That is acceptable. 2200 at the Paradigm Shift.” After hearing Max’s response the voice at the other end of the line thanks him and hangs up. Before he forgets, Max jots down the time and location for the meet and downloads directions to the Paradigm Shift from the matrix to his P-Sec.

‘Good this still gives me time to help out at the Respite before my meeting. I’ll have to remember to ask Keira if she has heard of this place.’

It has been a while since Max had been to a nightclub. The last time was just before his transformation. While he had been out to fundraisers and such since his surge, he had stayed away from clubs and bars. Fundraisers were controlled events, he had a purpose their and more importantly he knew most of the people involved. They are at least somewhat used to the changes that had occurred to Max, maybe even more so than he was.

‘It’s about time I give it a go.’

+Quote Post
bclements
post Mar 22 2005, 04:27 AM
Post #21

Shooting Target

11:00:40 Monday 8 January 2063 – Capitol Hill Terrace , Capitol Hill, Seattle, UCAS
Tony checked his bag. clean clothes, and some food. Never have a enough food, and running to the Stuffer may not be the best idea if I’m having to use the place. Grabbing his Browning and making sure that the clip was loaded with gels, Tony puts it in his holster and walks down to the car to check on Sung-Kwan

14:45:11 Monday 8 January 2063- Kwan’s Dojo Capitol Hill, Seattle, UCAS
Tony walks out of the door toward his car, shaking his head at the old man. After helping him clean up the dojo, Sung gave him another of his philosophy lessons in lieu of a sparring match. Having made the mistake of taking off his holster while sweeping the floor, Sung launches in. “Why are you carrying that gun around? You’ve got to remember kid, you are the weapon. That thing is just a tool. You’d laugh your hoop off at a worker that carried a hammer everywhere.” “The reason I’m carrying it, grandpa, is that I’m heading to a part of town where they might shoot you if you look at them funny, even more so if you laugh at them. You said I was the weapon, but what about the armor? And where’s Sam by the way?” “Don’t know kid. He’s not supposed to come in ‘till the 3:00 class” “Tell him to call me back, I’ll need a drink later on” Tony only got to leave after promising to come by tomorrow afternoon for a workout, without the gun.

15:26:31 Monday 8 January 2063- 4054 East Gate Dr, Bellevue, Seattle UCAS
Pulling up a couple of blocks from the flat-house after circling it once, Tony checks to see if anything is amiss on the block. Nothing out there. Tony thinks to himself. Getting his bag from the trunk and walking quickly toward the building, Tony keeps an eye out for anything out there. Quit being paranoid. Not like you’re in the Barrens for God’s sake Tony thinks to himself while unlocking the front door. Feeling his psec ring, he drops the bag by the secondhand couch and pulls it out. Seeing that it’s Sam, he answers “Bout time you called me back pops. How’s the class going?” “Not bad kid. There’s one tough Troll here, but he don’t have anything I can’t handle. What time do you want to start?” “Meet me at 8 at the Spirit. Don’t let the kids beat you up too bad, kay?” “Frag off. You’re buyin, kiddo” Sam said as a way of a signoff. Getting back to his task, Tony puts away the food and clothing, and checks to make sure that the hot water still runs. Satisfied, he heads back to his car. time enough to drop off this piece, watch Awakened World for a bit, take a shower, then to Miner’s Tony thinks to himself while driving through a McHugh’s for lunch.

18:45:31 Monday 8 January 2063 – Miner’s Landing, Downtown Seattle, UCAS
One of these days, I’m going to get a limo and a driver. And that fragger is going to drop me off at the damn doorfront with an umbrella instead of me parking two blocks away in a garage and walking in this goddamn never-ending drizzle. Tony thought to himself on the walk towards the club. At least this place has good bourbon.

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 22 2005, 07:32 AM
Post #22

Prime Runner

18:47:04 Monday 8 January 2063 – Miner’s Landing, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

Downstairs, Miner's Landing was packed with couples and families eating dinner, voices raised above the clink of silverware and glasses. Outside the boardwalk was empty, the driving snow and cutting wind having pushed even the most ardent of shoppers back indoors.

Upstairs, the conversation was hushed, voices low and conspiratorial. Above them rose Aria's throaty contralto, the elven singer whispering dulcet secrets into the old fashioned microphone. The music calmed the ragged edges of Zeyda's nerves after eight hours of negotiations, allowing him to keep the same even tone. His eyes flickered across the club, registering Tony as he came up the stairs. A simple hand gesture passed him off to the bar for the next couple of minutes, however long it took to finish the current business.

Tony ordered, sipping from his drink when it arrived and letting the smoky ambiance of the club curl about him. As always, the bourbon chased away the January chill.

Halfway through the drink, Zeyda motioned him over.

"Glad you could make it, omae, some weather out there, neh? Listen, there's movement out on the streets, more than usual and stranger than usual so watch your back, ok? I've got a Johnson who wants to meet with you about a bodyguard job. Ten p.m. tonight, the Exxon-Mobil station West Van Medter and 30th Street. It's on the edge of the Barrens, so walk soft."

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 22 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #23

Grand Nagus

1152 Monday January 08, 2063-Cooper's Automotive, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

It isn't normal for people to stop by unannounced, usually one of Marquis's fixers gives him a heads up. Maybe this is just a sign that his business is going to take off.

Still standing in the doorway, Marquis asks, "What do you have in mind?"

+Quote Post
bclements
post Mar 22 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #24

Shooting Target

18:55:22 Monday 8 January 2063 – Miner’s Landing, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

In the time that Tony had known Zeyda, he'd never even seen him rattled. "You're not paranoid if they're really after you. Anything in particular I need to worry about? And on the job, pay's high, medium, or low?"

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 22 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #25

Prime Runner

11:52:50 Monday January 08, 2063 - Cooper's Automotive, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

"Destruction, actually. I need this rendered unusuable and untraceable." The pale-eyed man reaches into his attache case and withdraws a plastic flimsy. It's a close-up color photograph of an upper reciever and barrel of a rifle. Marquis glances at it, and has a difficult time concealing his surprise. The parts pictured belong to a Gepard M4(B) 12.7mm anti-material rifle.

+Quote Post

133 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:40 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.