IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Stuff, What would you like to see?
Club
post Mar 21 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,787

There is room in the game for some new stuff, without raising the power level to new heights of grossness. This thread is meant to collect suggestions, for the expansion books if not the core.

One peice of cyber I would like to see:

Skillwire Naruralizer
0.5 E
:nuyen: 50,000

If the PC attempts to learn a skill for which he has an activesoft slotted (But not active) the Normalizer gives biofeedback on the individual's performance. If the chip is at least twice the level of the skill being learned, reduce the karma paid by the PC by (Chip level / 3) or half (round down), whichever is LOWER

Costs a ton once you figure in the wires, chips and toy itself, and makes a bit more sense than the memonic enhancer.

Also, some rules to deal with the size and appearance of spirits. We have them appearing as "angels", and I cannot remember if there are rules for how big they can get. Maybe a list of common manifestations, possably a metamagic controlling look?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post Mar 21 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

heh. isn't there a blurb in the back of one of the SR modules that says something about a fire elemental the size of a mountain?

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Mar 21 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #3

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

I always base the look of the spirit/elemental ont he tradition of the summoner.

Your a practiioner of Catholic High Ritual, then you get an angel looking thing.

+Quote Post
Club
post Mar 21 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,787

QUOTE (Nikoli)
I always base the look of the spirit/elemental ont he tradition of the summoner.

Your a practiioner of Catholic High Ritual, then you get an angel looking thing.

My point exactly: there really are no rules. The GM and player have to make it up. Not that that is a bad thing, but some general guidance would be nice.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Mar 21 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #5

Chicago Survivor

Problem is, enumerate too much and you limit the possibilities. Plus someone is always dissapointed in the ruleset. I'd rather leave it up to the GM and player. The appearance means little outside of a rare curcumstance, and it also avoids using summoned beings to impersonate someone else.

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Mar 21 2005, 06:32 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

heh. isn't there a blurb in the back of one of the SR modules that says something about a fire elemental the size of a mountain?

Yeah, but it's just an in-character news blurb and that's all it really says, so it's not really indicative of much of anything. What the news reporter was reporting may not even have been a fire elemental... ;)

+Quote Post
mr0b1tsc
post Mar 28 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 7,254

I would like to see more paths for otaku, do something like thewy did for mages. Will otaku change at all.

+Quote Post
Fygg Nuuton
post Mar 28 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,989

hopefully all otaku will pass puberty by 2070 and no new ones will be created

+Quote Post
Smiley
post Mar 28 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 6,191

I'd like to see more development for other archetypes, like there was for PhysAds (and yes, I'm aware of the Decker overhaul). It seems like PhysAds grew by leaps and bounds but others were left out.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Mar 28 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #10

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

A hardware version of the tactical computer, compatible with battletac ad battletac IVIS. Never understood the need to carry it around in the head when it could serve as a part of a command and control center anyway. Besides, it was written in Cybertech there was such a thing, but stats were never given.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Mar 28 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #11

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Cyber only usable for mundane characters. And the possibility for mundanes to buy additional essecne points, just like the ki-ads can buy power points for 20 karma/point.

+Quote Post
Aardvark892
post Mar 29 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 7,255

I only ask for one small thing, and that is to let some metahuman race other than Elf develop a country/culture distinctly their own. I like the idea of Siberia having a large Dwarf community or kingdom/country/city-state.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 29 2005, 01:07 AM
Post #13

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

There are several like that, from the Ork language to the Troll kingdom in Germany.

~J

+Quote Post
Toa
post Mar 29 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,068

Relating to that first post: I desperately hope they get completely rid of any method to reduce karma costs - that just kills the balance (IMO).

+Quote Post
Capt. Dave
post Mar 29 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,183

Not that it's a big deal, but I wouldn't mind a Sum-To-Ten option in SR4 Comp.

+Quote Post
Arethusa
post Mar 29 2005, 02:59 AM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 4,775

QUOTE (Toa)
Relating to that first post: I desperately hope they get completely rid of any method to reduce karma costs - that just kills the balance (IMO).

Agreed.

+Quote Post
Lucyfersam
post Mar 29 2005, 03:09 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,137

I would be very opposed to mundane only cyberware, it doesn't make sense with any previous description of cyber or essence. Nor does being able to buy up your essence. I would be for removing the ability to geas voluntary magic loss though, which would fix the problem your pointing out to my satisfaction.

+Quote Post
Cynic project
post Mar 29 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 6,543

MM radar.
More gene tech.
More cosmetic cyberware.
More cyberware/ mundane tech that can interact with magic.
More info on corps, more so about teh AA's.
More dead Elves.
More info on other cities.

Maybe a bit about the grey market. I mean, this a "cyberpunk" world, not evrything is black and white,and neither are the markets. I mean some things aren't illegal, and they aren't legal. I want those shadows to have shades of grey.

+Quote Post
Gilthanis
post Mar 29 2005, 07:41 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,676

I would like to see old gear (like used cyberware from 2055) or just the older tech come down in price or availability (compared to its traditional price or availability. That way if someone wanted to play a character who couldn't afford the new stuff could still pick up the old gear as if he stopped into the pawn shop sort of thing. If not price/availability, then maybe essence. I'm sure after many years of producing the stuff...alpha/beta/delta techniques would slowly trickle down to the standard street doc and possibly make the gear more friendly. Afterall, we are talking about 15 years after Pres. Dunk. willed tons of money to a lot of people and most the gear was used before then.

+Quote Post
DragginSPADE
post Mar 29 2005, 06:35 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,119

QUOTE (Toa)

NOOOO! My shaman would never be able to learn any new spells if she couldn't reduce the cost by doing astral quests (which are also great fun to roleplay). As it is, I've only learned five new spells, most at force 4 or 5 in four years of playing the character.

+Quote Post
Milo Simpkin
post Apr 22 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 7,331

A lot more gear/'ware that is not completely runner/combat focused. 'Fluff' gadgetry if you would that would help to round of technological developments that the everyday person might get. I love the Cyberpunk chromebooks for that.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Apr 22 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #22

Chicago Survivor

Yeah, round out the entertainment section. We need more than personal disk players, especially since the advent of iPod and the like.

Also, I think the compression ratio for MP needs to be re-evaluated. No way video and sound shuld be the same ratio 1 minute per 1 MP.
That and to make an iPod would cost tens of thousands of nuyen in SR3.
what is the cost like MP cost * 20 for a wrist computer?

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Apr 22 2005, 08:13 PM
Post #23

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 7,014

I've always considered video at 1MP per minute to be raw Trid video footage (which inherently captures a 3-D image) with a resolution of a 1 meter cube, and adjusted the other ratios and file types appropriately.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Apr 22 2005, 09:10 PM
Post #24

Chicago Survivor

that makes sense, but isn't reflected in the mechanics. That should be addressed. Especially with the revamp of the rigger, their ability to snoop will be more powerful than ever and a bad mechanic like that will needlessly cripple what could be a fun mechanic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:34 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.