IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MP-5 TX; Silencer/Sound Supressor/Other?!, HELP!
=-_RaVeN_-=
post Sep 11 2003, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,610

Greetz Chummerz (smiles evily)...

Got a question...

The MP-5 TX, standard issue military/covert opz weapon of today's military/police forces has found a loving place in my heart...

...but there's a prob...

...the MP-5 has THREE fire modes; Semi-Auto, 3-shot Burst-Fire, and Full-Auto...

A Silencer is used for Single-Action/Semi-Auto weapons, right?
...and a Sound Suppressor is used for Burst-Fire/Full-Auto weapons, correct?

So what does the MP-5 use? It's kind of dumb to have TWO different systems for the same weapon... Is there a piece of warez that accomodates all three modes? (I know the real-world MP-5 can be silenced, and this is buggin' me big time).

...if so, how much, and where do I get it?
...if not, can I have a custom one made?

...gimme a hand here, will ya?

"...better take this; jus' in case..."
Quothe the RaVeN
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FritzZero
post Sep 11 2003, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 5,609

QUOTE (=-_RaVeN_-=)
The MP-5 TX, standard issue military/covert opz weapon of today's military/police forces has found a loving place in my heart...

IIRC, the 5-TX (in game terms, not RL terms) is actually analogous to the circa 2003 MP5K (or perhaps teh PDW) - the fluff text in CC even implies that it is a cut down hk-227 - which, in turn, would be analagous to the modern MP5.

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Sep 11 2003, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

I'd say it'd fit a surpressor, but it wouldn't be as effective in SA mode because it's not a true silencer, maybe giving -1 to the bonus the surpressor gives in SA.

I honestly can't remember what bonuses the supressors/silencers give a weapon, but if a silencer gives +2 and supressor gives +1, then just go with the +1.

Just my opinion...

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
Alystin
post Sep 11 2003, 08:18 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 2,019

A sound suppressor should be able to work on semi-auto weapons, it wouldn't make any sense not to. It can suppress a 3-round burst or 10-round auto-burst so why shouldn't it be able to suppress a single round. Silencers on the other hand aren't built to handle the volume of automatic fire.

+Quote Post
otomik
post Sep 11 2003, 09:37 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 752

Raygun explains supressor tech and has some very realistic rules for supressors, they're kind of complex in that you're going to need to keep his tables of modifiers near by or you could look to his rules for inspiration while making your own.

+Quote Post
Ed_209a
post Sep 11 2003, 10:08 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,128

Bravo Otomik I was going to direct Raven there also.

In short, suppressors and silencers are different models of the same item. "Suppressors" can just handle the heat buildup of BF or AF better than "silencers".

+Quote Post
=-_RaVeN_-=
post Sep 11 2003, 11:41 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 5,610

QUOTE (otomik)
Raygun explains supressor tech and has some very realistic rules for supressors, they're kind of complex in that you're going to need to keep his tables of modifiers near by or you could look to his rules for inspiration while making your own.

Got it... Thanx (and my MP-5 thanx ya too!)
(smirk)

+Quote Post
Tziluthi
post Sep 12 2003, 01:03 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,112

Although, as Raygun explains, a 'sound suppressor' would probably do a better job of reducing the noise of a single-shot than a 'silencer' would.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:57 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.