IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Firepower Ammo, What were the old rules?
Catsnightmare
post Mar 22 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 90

My game hasn't got off the ground yet, so I'm still toying with house rule ideas.
This one involves the overpowered heavy pistol issue. I'm thinking of basically reinstating Firepower Ammo from 1st Edition. Standard heavy pistols/ammo will only do 7 or 8M but if you really want that 9M or 10M damage out of it, you'll have to buy the special ammo and have your gun modified and re-chambered to handle the more powerful cartridge.
Since I still have yet to find a replacement SSC I was hoping someone could post the 1st Ed rules on Firepower Ammo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Mar 23 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,465

I belive all Firepower Ammo did was up the power level +1 and under SR1 rules, that was the same increase given to firing a 3 round burst.

+Quote Post
jklst14
post Mar 23 2005, 12:51 AM
Post #3

CosaNostra Deliverator

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,034

If I recall correctly, Firepower ammo was introduced in the original Street Samuari Catalog and had a set damage code of 6M2 (back in the days of variable staging). Before that, heavy pistols used to do 4M2. And the brand new Ares Predator II (also introduced in SSC) automatically took Firepower ammo.

In second edition, heavy pistols had their damage codes upgraded and Firepower ammo was nixed.

As for 1st edition bursts, every bullet was actually individually rolled with a maximum rate of fire equal to Firearms skill + 1. Damage was calculated for each bullet individually also. Recoil accumulated at +1 per shot.

+Quote Post
Catsnightmare
post Mar 23 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 90

Did it cost anything extra for a pistol to able to use Firepower Ammo?
I was under the impression, IIRC, that the Pred 2 automatically took it but other pistols had to be specially modified to be able to shoot FP ammo.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Mar 23 2005, 03:28 AM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (Catsnightmare)
Did it cost anything extra for a pistol to able to use Firepower Ammo?
I was under the impression, IIRC, that the Pred 2 automatically took it but other pistols had to be specially modified to be able to shoot FP ammo.

IIRC, It was a negligible one time cost to have the barrel re-bored to accept the Firepower Ammo. I forget the exact number, but if your gunbunny can skip ordering dinner at McHughs or any other fast food establishment for a week, they'd be able to swing the cost.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Mar 23 2005, 04:16 AM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

I think it wass like :nuyen: 100 pergun. It was so common they just dropped FP ammo by the tiem we got to 2nnd Ed and it is assumed everyone has it. You just don't get the old stuff anymore.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.