Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gang colors, Gangs with black and yellow colors
Raén
post Mar 24 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,114

I'm looking for the Seattle gangs who use black and yellow as their main colors. I'll play today, but I unfortunately don't have access to the Seattle Guide, so I'd like someone to give me some info here. So, could someone give me 3 or 4 gangs using these colors, and their main territory ? I'm not looking for an exhaustive list.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aku
post Mar 24 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #2

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

i would HIGHLY doubt 3-4 gangs, ALL in seattle would ALL use yellow and black as thier colors. why? how would you know who is in your gang and not? the most i could see is 2 (one yellow prime/black accent, the other black prime/yellow accent colors) but even then, i think which ever gang came on second would get hounded to hell and back for being copycats.

In other words, pick whichever gang you think will look best in yellow and black (triads maybe) and let them be your gang of choice.

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Mar 24 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,722

Of the street gangs listed in the Seattle Sourcebook, none use black and yellow as colours. The Black Rains (Ork Street gang, Puyallup) use black and gold, the Halloweeners (Human Street Gang, Downtown) use orange and black, and of course the Nova Rich (Human Street gang, Bellevue) wear Lemon and Denim :D Bless their little rich-kid hearts...

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Mar 24 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

DrJest... you realize Gold is just a fancy way of saying darkish Yellow, right? :wobble:

+Quote Post
DrJest
post Mar 24 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 6,722

Technically two different colours, since Gold implies a metallic shade :) but that's why I mentioned them.

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Mar 24 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #6

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

Well, technically, gold is a type of yellow. Gold being a specific name for that particular shade of yellow, with yellow being the generality.

+Quote Post
CanvasBack
post Mar 24 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,513

Why not make up a gang? Call them the Killer Bees or something...

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Mar 24 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #8

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

With an overwieght, heavy drug using, really high athletics having gang leader, name him Jake Elwood or somesuch...

+Quote Post
Weredigo
post Mar 25 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,030

From First Edition Seattle Sourcebook

Black

and Red, Leather Devils or Trogs
and Rust, Rusted Stilletto's
and White, Brain Eaters
and Gold, Silent P's
and Silver, Night Hunters
and Orange, Halloweeners

Yellow
and Denim, Nova Ric

How they came up for some of these Go-Gang names I probably will never understand.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Mar 25 2005, 08:05 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

QUOTE (Nikoli @ Mar 24 2005, 10:40 AM)
With an overwieght, heavy drug using, really high athletics having gang leader, name him Jake Elwood or somesuch...

Or have the leader be a fat guy in a balaclava who can shoot bees from his mouth.

+Quote Post
Raén
post Mar 25 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 1,114

Thanks everybody.

I was looking for gangs with similar colors, not necessarily the exact ones (the NPC saw the colors from far away...), so Gold or Orange are OK. I knew for Halloweners, but couldn't remember the others.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
The Grifter
post Mar 25 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,918

Or have the leader be a fat guy in a balaclava who can shoot bees from his mouth.

The Paaaaaiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 25 2005, 08:32 PM
Post #13

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

IIRC, the Silent P's were destroyed or nearly destroyed near the end of 2nd Edition, supposedly by the Spikes.

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Mar 25 2005, 08:56 PM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 6,734

Yeah, that's how Lord Torgo rose into power in the Spikes - he eliminated the Silent P's single handedly. It's in the back of the SRComp.

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Mar 25 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #15

Running Target

By the way, if you obtain the Prime Runners book there is a small gang of trolls that you can use for your colors - and make them into some thing of a running gag. I.E. make the runners groan and break into a sweat every time you mention the colors.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 25 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #16

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

QUOTE (DocMortand)
Yeah, that's how Lord Torgo rose into power in the Spikes - he eliminated the Silent P's single handedly.

Supposedly.

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Mar 25 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #17

Running Target

*chuckle* And supposedly Zeus "died" at the end of Brainscan, too....YMMV. :)

+Quote Post
Paul
post Mar 25 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

QUOTE (Aku)
I would HIGHLY doubt 3-4 gangs, ALL in seattle would ALL use yellow and black as thier colors. why? how would you know who is in your gang and not? the most i could see is 2 (one yellow prime/black accent, the other black prime/yellow accent colors) but even then, i think which ever gang came on second would get hounded to hell and back for being copycats.

Huh?

You do realize just how big Seattle is in 206x right? There are literally hundreds of gangs that just pop up, and then disolve daily. Now if you'd have prefaced your comments with int he same vicinty, then I'd have been more likely to agree.

Not to mention Shadowrun treats gangs in an absolutely absurd way. Although a number of gangs today associate with colors, there is a great deal oover lap in fact, it's symbols that really speak volumes.

I work around a number of gangs-World Wide Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, Latin Counts, Numens, Insane Spanish Cobra's, Crips, Bloods, Low Money Boys, Wealthy Street Gang, and a bunch of others.

Each has their own way of doing business. Symbology-the way they wear their clothes, hats and such is important. A lot of gangs have code languages they use, and alot of hand and arm signals. Graffiti is an important part of gang life as well. Each gang has it's own Tag.

There a lot of web resources you can dig up gangs.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Mar 26 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

The Paaaaaiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!!!!

The sad part is, I actually made SR stats for the Cobras.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Mar 26 2005, 04:16 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,025

"Colors" doesn't have to be a literal term. A gang's colours could be a badge or logo. It could be a particular hairstyle. It could be a tattoo. Whatever. In the military, colours can mean flags. Coat of arms, sports uniforms, company emblems. It all comes from the same place.

+Quote Post
SpasticTeapot
post Mar 30 2005, 06:11 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,893

I say you should make one up.
Call it something like the "Conquistadors". Make them all "Creative Anachronist" style characters, wearing silly late-1600's Spanish clothing (usually patched together from armor, or over an armored jackets) and those silly helmets you always see spanish conquerors in. Make them vehemently anti-aztlan, and have them run by a popmpous guy who's obsessed with his dog nicknamed "Cortes" and have him constantly make people sick from diseases he picked up from things you don't want to think about.

That, or call it "The Blues Brothers". Have it run by a thin guy who's actually a physad, (Elwood pulls off some crazy feats, no?) and have all of them wearing cheap suits and dark glasses. All of them would have musical ability, and they would all drive around in hotrodded cop cars (think Americars with bigger engines), simply because they liked to. Make their primary racket the music industry; you either only hire people approved by The Blues Brothers, or you start having..odd...things happen to your establishment.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:00 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.