IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now that is April Fools, Heres to all the April Fools...
lord_cack
post Apr 1 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,853

Now thats a great april fools joke.. Better than last year. Congrats :D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Apr 1 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

Except for the fact it's completely unbelivable.

+Quote Post
lord_cack
post Apr 1 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,853

Its not so much that is believeable, cause its clearly not, its just a very nice response to those who kept on saying "This has got to be an April Fools." right up till the end. I mean come on, everyone knew they were gonna do something today, I just like what they did.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 1 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

It isn't better than last year. It isn't even funny. It seems to come more from annoyance than from humor.

~J

+Quote Post
torzzzzz
post Apr 1 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #5

It's for winners

Member No.: 7,067

oooo almost for a second i was fooled then i saw the new forum for it an knew it had to be fake...... but it could be a double bluff and they are going to skip out SR4 altogether and go straight on to SR5??

hehehehhe

torz x :D :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

+Quote Post
Demosthenes
post Apr 1 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,850

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
It isn't better than last year. It isn't even funny. It seems to come more from annoyance than from humor.

~J

I can't imagine why they might be annoyed... :S

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 1 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

I honestly don't blame them. Criticism is a good thing, but constant attacks despite reassurances and constant statements of "you haven't even seen what we've done yet" tends to provoke people.

Most of the posts I see here are really unbelievable to me to the point of literally boggling my mind.

+Quote Post
RangerJoe
post Apr 1 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,897

Humor is kind of like rock'n'roll. In the same way you can tell that a song is rock, or that a song isn't rock, just by listening to it, you can tell if a joke/April Fool's Day gag is funny just by reading it.

Am I the only one who feels a little bit saturated with new Shadowrun edition jokes? Before all of the SR4 angst exploded, an SR4 April Fool's joke would have been funny (hell, it was funny...last year). Now an SR5 joke just seems a little tired. A little, eh? what? meh.

Now, an April Fool's gag about SR4 (for example, that its planned to only release it to Gamecube, as per Microsoft's reserved rights, and never to any other console/system), that would be a funny joke.

I can understand if the good folks at Fanpro/Wizkids are busy though. I can dig it.

/tired of the angst. Raise your hand if you just wants to play some SR4...

+Quote Post
moosegod
post Apr 1 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 5,818

Some parts were good, but I kinda liked last years.

... after my cyberheart restarted, that's is.

+Quote Post
apollo124
post Apr 1 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,246

QUOTE (RangerJoe)

I can understand if the good folks at Fanpro/Wizkids are busy though. I can dig it.

/tired of the angst. Raise your hand if you just wants to play some SR4...

One hand raising here! :D

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Apr 1 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #11

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

See, a good April fool sjoke would have been to announce that the previous SR4 annoucement was a gag, when it wasn't

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Apr 1 2005, 04:53 PM
Post #12

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

Oh this is just great I am really getting pissed off at this BS first they expect me to go out and buy SR4 in Aug.

Now they make this announcement that after one month I will have to stop playing SR4 or lose my life and go out and pay another 150 bucks for SR5.

Look I'm all for a new edition but 2 new editions over the time span of one month that is it if they really do this I'm done no more Shadowrun for me.

I think everyone here should follow my example and do the same exact thing.

Oh by the way for those of you who seem to go through life believing everything everyone tells you then you should now that this rant is a joke meant to be funny in light of all the BS people seen to be yelling out over SR4.

Have a nice day oh and yes last years April fools was better.

Then again anything to fancy this year may have gone over way worse than the news about the reality of SR4 so that is why I think they went with something a little less involved

It was still a little funny in my opinion good job and hats off to Rob and to all involved in SR4 just make us the best product you can please.

+Quote Post
Grimtooth
post Apr 1 2005, 06:28 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,430

I guess they finally came to their senses and jumped on the OGL thingy. Now every fan boy out there can integrate. Not only will you be able to play a cybered out street sam you'll be able to throw him up against the constructs from Eberon.

Genius....
Pure Genius...

:wobble:

Too bad it didn't say SR4 instead SR5 as being the April fool's joke

+Quote Post
Grimtooth
post Apr 1 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

not to mention the fact that at $150 it is a steal...compared to the ridiculous prices you would have to pay if you wanted an SR3 hardback.

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Apr 1 2005, 07:16 PM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,465

I would have been more fooled had they annouced simply that SR4 would be d20 and included all the other setup they had.

+Quote Post
Skeptical Clown
post Apr 1 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,709

Whether or not annoyance is understandable, it's not particularly professional.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 1 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #17

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

I just think it's amusing that the people most insulted by it are the people it's targeted at by and large (ie, those that have been muttering about various aspects of the game despite reassurances). :)

+Quote Post
Skeptical Clown
post Apr 1 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

I'm not insulted. Just a tad disappointed. There's been very little information, so the only real reassurance has been "We know what we're doing, quit whining."

+Quote Post
Eldritch
post Apr 1 2005, 08:02 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,139

Still irritated at SR$.

Not insulted by the joke. It was mildly amusing at best.

But yeah, it does seem to be a poke at those of us that are not happy with SR$. Which, yeah - not very professional)

I can take it.

They obviously have a problem with criticism.

+Quote Post
Pthgar
post Apr 1 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,642

Well for critism to be valid, there has to be some material to critisize. We don't even have that yet. So maybe it's not critisism they can't handle but unfounded accusations.

Besides, we can get all in their face on these forums but they're not allowed one little return salvo once a year?

+Quote Post
mfb
post Apr 1 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

haha, yeah. those damn money-grubbers at wizkid$. all the freelancers i know are loaded.

i doubt it's that they have a problem with criticism. if Rob had a problem with criticism, he wouldn't still be doing SR. i think it's perfectly okay for them to have a problem with your criticism, though, Eldritch, since you've come out and plainly stated that you're mad at them for things that you completely made up. that's like when my mom gets mad at my dad for something he did in one of her dreams.

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Apr 1 2005, 08:13 PM
Post #22

Jesus Freak

Member No.: 6,274

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Apr 1 2005, 06:09 AM)

I honestly don't blame them. Criticism is a good thing, but constant attacks despite reassurances and constant statements of "you haven't even seen what we've done yet" tends to provoke people.

Most of the posts I see here are really unbelievable to me to the point of literally boggling my mind.

Amen brother! Preach it!

+Quote Post
Skeptical Clown
post Apr 1 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

There is information available: we have the scant details provided, which promise fairly significant changes, and we have FanPro's track record. It's incomplete information, but it's enough floating about for questioning minds to formulate ideas. So while there may be a lot of silly complaints and accusations floating about, I can't muster that much sympathy for FanPro--they're the ones running a business here.

It would be one thing if there was some sort of dialogue going on. But to paraphrase someone else, the entries on the Shadowrun official page read more like message board posts than official news. Making official updates in a state of pique, even as a joke, seems a bit unprofessional. But that's just my opinion.

+Quote Post
Grimtooth
post Apr 1 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Fictionally overheard at the developers table:

"Ok you guys start writing. I'll go find out what the users want."

:eek:

That's how i run all my projects. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
mfb
post Apr 1 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #25

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

there's a difference between questioning developments and sinking into a psychosis-induced fantasy world. questioning developments is fine; it shows interest, it sparks ideas, it promotes good change. fantasizing about what FanPro might be doing, and then getting mad at them for what happened in your daydream--which is 90% of the complaints i've seen here--is not only unproductive, it's unhealthy.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:44 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.