Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back on the car thing..., Bullet-proof windows
=-_RaVeN_-=
post Sep 12 2003, 10:18 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,610

I've read a lot about vehicle armor; Reactive Armor, Ablative Armor, etceta-frikkin'-ra...

No bullet-proof GLASS anymore? Is this covered under the general Armor/Body of the vehicle?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Sep 12 2003, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

It doesn't effect the Armor or Body of the car.
Bullet proof glass is covered under Barriers in (IIRC, Vehicles and Combat) SR3.

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Sep 12 2003, 10:37 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,133

I always included it into the design of the vehicle.
If a vehicles armor never included the windows, no one would bother getting armor without getting the windows that go with. I have yet to see a section on vehicle armored windows ergo I assume if you pay to have your vehicle's armor increased, they upgrade the windows too.

But that's just me.

Sunday.

PS: Oh and ALL vehicle windows in SR are tinted/mirrored, I can't think of any other reason why you can't cast spells on someone in a vehicle, so we ruled it that way.

+Quote Post
Modesitt
post Sep 12 2003, 11:39 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,963

As for armored cars and windows - Pg 149 BBB. Subtract either Body or vehicle armor from the power of all attacks when shooting at passengers, vehicle armor still counts as hardened, passengers only get half their combat pool for dodging/soaking. Personally, I'd say the windows should, much like tires, be a seperate component you can buy and upgrade. Not sure on pricing though, any thoughts?

Sunday - Your figuring was right. Page 12 of Rigger 3. "To prevent targetting of a vehicle's occupents by line of sight magic, most modern vehicles use mirrored or darkly tinted windows."

+Quote Post
=-_RaVeN_-=
post Sep 12 2003, 11:53 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 5,610

I'm sorry; I thought the one-way glass tinting on my car was for the "cool" factor...

(smirk)

Back to my build... Don't you WISH you were a car fanatic like me?!

+Quote Post
Cray74
post Sep 13 2003, 02:36 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 2,860

QUOTE (=-_RaVeN_-=)
I've read a lot about vehicle armor; Reactive Armor, Ablative Armor, etceta-frikkin'-ra...

No bullet-proof GLASS anymore? Is this covered under the general Armor/Body of the vehicle?

Bullet "proof" glass is integrated into the rest of the armor. Why designate window armor as separate from frame armor and wheel armor and engine armor and transmission armor and panel armor when all those are rolled into one type of armor?

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Sep 13 2003, 03:47 AM
Post #7

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Cray74)
Bullet "proof" glass is integrated into the rest of the armor.

Agreed. That's how we've always looked at it since it's mostly an abstract system. The only reason ture are different is thhat you can't really armour them using standard vehicle armour and the whole called shot thing.

Of course - even if you did have them as a seperate thing - you'd still run into the old problem of that bulletproof glass, isn't. :D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.