IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite Hang Outs, Allright....everyone meet up at....
Swing Kid
post Apr 17 2005, 06:12 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,266

Most of the Teams that I have worked with over the years have had their favorite watering holes. This made me curious. Where do the Runners of Dumpshock hang? Any favorite places? Does your team have a standard club or streetcorner that they always meet up at? Don't worry, I won't sell this information...honest.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrostyNSO
post Apr 17 2005, 06:26 AM
Post #2

Resident Legionnaire

Member No.: 6,550

Underworld 93, baby.

+Quote Post
Smiley
post Apr 17 2005, 06:29 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,191

Representing Dante's Inferno! Big ups to my G's on level SEVEN! What what!

+Quote Post
Ezra
post Apr 17 2005, 10:20 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,873

The Alabaster Maiden.....

OR - We also tend to use a few homegrown bars and pubs we've added to the game over the years.

+Quote Post
elbows
post Apr 17 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 6,807

Dunkin' Donuts ;-)
At least in the game I'm running right now. The advantage to this is that there's always one nearby, even if you travel to a different city.

Otherwise, the standard meeting place has always been Club Penumbra (showing my SR1 roots, I guess).

+Quote Post
The Grifter
post Apr 17 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,918

Dante's Inferno here too. Either that or any random hole in the wall dive bar.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Apr 17 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,025

Cactus Jack's, in Renton, just offa Shattuck Ave.

U-93's great for shows, but too loud for meets.

Late night planning sessions: Denny's

For a quick bite: Drive Through Sushi

+Quote Post
TEKE
post Apr 17 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 527

Stuffer Shacks and Dante's Inferno! Occasionally Ninja Burger!!!

+Quote Post
Edward
post Apr 17 2005, 03:08 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

Out teems don’t often get together outside of work. And when they did we had a couple of players that meant you often were not welcome again. (I believe I have mentioned twitch on these boards)

We may have done some things together other than run if I want the only remaing member from the arcology run, the other survivor left Seattle right after, (a real shame, a good rigger is hard to find) the reason was the player had other commitments.

Underground 93 (was that the name of the orc underground club) was popular for a while because we kept getting meets there, the party elf was not happy because she got picked on by the troll doorman.

Edward

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Apr 17 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

We used a lot of homemade places, and still do. Of course places like Dante's Inferno are used, but we like our real life places like Denny's, Dunkin Donuts, Wawa...any runs that end up in Helsinki, there is Hesburger, the Corner Bar, Nosturi...Oslo has Elm Street, we like real life places sometimes that we are familiar with. in Philly they always end up at diners.

Then there are the made up places like in London, Countess Bathori's Castle of Pain, a 6 level gothic metal nightclub that has two levels below ground, the bottom one is where the VIP members of the nightclub can meet and discuss things. Each level features a different kind of music(top floor: gothic metal, 3rd floor: jukebox, 2nd floor: DJ that plays a varied kind of metal, 1st floor: Industrial metal, Basement 1: Black metal and a scary place to visit, B2 is pretty much anything the VIPs wanna listen to. Bars on every level. Security and everything was even figured out for this place.

+Quote Post
MacMoney
post Apr 17 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 1,517

Penumbra was the place to hang out at one time but later on there have been mostly places I thought up, most notably a high-class night-club styled bar called O'Miller's but it was a bit much for the troll ex-ganger so they moved to a coffee place favored by students near Seattle University but I can't remember the name right now. It's been a while since we played.

+Quote Post
Krazy
post Apr 17 2005, 03:26 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,200

we always hung out at the flying swan, a bar owned by one of the char's brothers. later we opened our own bar (after we got incorporated) i think it was called the pink penguin, or the dancing pig, or some other such noncence. it was in tacoma, and was neutral terriory for the local gangs so runners that were on the run or not liked to show up, nothing says welcome like a turret mounted vindicator! I think we even put up a job board.....

+Quote Post
Sharaloth
post Apr 17 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,093

I tend to make up my own places for the 'Runners to hang out (Since I'm GM). I don't force them, but this isn't a normal Shadowrunning operation either. The characters all work for an organization (Similar in concept to, but entirely different from, Assets Inc.) and they almost always hang out at that organization's headquarters in Bellvue. Other places include the R'Lyeh, which is a crazy 3-floor nightclub, a penthouse apartment that a Dragon they were hanging out with bought, and a Delta-clinic they gained access to (though that's out of the picture now and for the forseeable future). I've mentioned some of the canon places in passing, but we've never really gone there. Back in my old group we tended to just hang at each other's places (the mage had a warehouse in the barrens stuffed with an electronics and vehicle shop (or were they facilities?) and more ammo and explosives than we could use in a year, and then later he got himself a yacht for pirate-fighting reasons).

+Quote Post
Astelaron
post Apr 17 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 7,183

I don't know about my team but I like to hange at Fenris Nacht. If my team came there they'd probably be eaten though.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Apr 17 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #15

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

Couple of home-made gigs spring right to mind. Biohazard, a trendy middle/upper class Bellevue nightspot (with plenty of background noise, friendly/flirty bartenders, and steep drink prices)... and The Hollow Point, a seedy "just barely not considered Barrens" Redmond watering hole, where the only reason to go there is to be away from the Biohazard-style trendy hotspot crowd (and hang out with other "I like cheap beer" violent types).

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Apr 17 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #16

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Mc Q's! Bah dat dat dat dah, I'm loathing it! 8)

+Quote Post
Eldritch
post Apr 17 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,139

Burger King - the last on in exizstance in the Redmond Barrens. Dunno what the burgers were made of though.

Underworld 93 and Matchsticks.

+Quote Post
RangerJoe
post Apr 17 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,897

Sooner or later, all of my players end up at the Murdered Mime. To date, it has been destroyed three times by various runner groups in various game realities. I just don't understand why they alway send up torching the place....

I'm looking to send my players to the Silver Fool in Bellvue (old Seattle Sourcebook) in the coming days. I just dig its name.

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Apr 17 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

I always liked to use Matchsticks. There's something about the back room of a Jazz club.

+Quote Post
Crimson Jack
post Apr 18 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 4,712

I usually dictate where the group will be hanging out by where the Johnson wants to meet the team. That said, I try to hit most of the hot spots in New Seattle and include a few new ones that no one knows about. On a rare occasion, the players will dictate where they want to go. Normally, I'm writing the locale.

+Quote Post
Catsnightmare
post Apr 18 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 90

Various teams various places. Most of them made up. Very few runner groups I've played in had char's that hung out together, mostly we had certain places we mould meet at.
Little Colonel's (GM's joke, the result of a merger of Little Ceasars and KFC)
The IHOW (International House of Waffles)
A certain Stuffer Shack that happened to be conveniently located central to everyone's residences.
The Skeleton (the only canon club we ever used for meets)

But man that IHOW made so much money off of us (especially our favorite waitress).

+Quote Post
Sahandrian
post Apr 18 2005, 05:00 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,880

Our main group is usually found at a Yakuza-heavy club with a name nobody can ever remember (usually referred to as "Wherever" or "that Japanese place"), but one of our older players (as in time spent playing, not age) who GMs on occasion has this thing for Starbucks...

+Quote Post
Smiley
post Apr 18 2005, 06:50 AM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 6,191

Let's not forget the Grizzly Grunion, best bar in the Redmond Z Zone. They have the best Burn in all of Seattle.

+Quote Post
Snoof
post Apr 18 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 6,993

QUOTE (Smiley)
Let's not forget the Grizzly Grunion, best bar in the Redmond Z Zone. They have the best Burn in all of Seattle.

Isn't that like saying, "the best inoperable brain damage in all Seattle"?

Snoof

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 18 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #25

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Men-At-Arms, located at the Barrens, Seattle. you are only allowed to enter when carrying at least a smg.

:D

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:06 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.