> Amazonia, Know anything? Tell me!
hermit
post Apr 23 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #1

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

Hey!

Need this for today, so ... what is known about Amazonia? And where can I find this info? I know, SoLA will cover it, but I'm afraid it won't be out till today, 17:00 Paris time, will it?

So please, tell me what is known so far. Links to web books, no matter how out dated they may be with SoLA, are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 23 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #2

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Check DotSW, there's a chapter about the Jungle Cat, one of the leading feathered serpents there. And spread about the book some hints about other dragons living and working there too.
SOTA: 2063 has a brief chapter about metropole (rio meets sao paulo) in it. It's a massive sprawl where corps are more or less free to do business while the rest of the country is covered by awakened jungle.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Apr 23 2005, 11:57 AM
Post #3

The King In Yellow

Oh, thanks!

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 23 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Great, I'm a Dragon...

What's the target of the run?

+Quote Post
hermit
post Apr 23 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #5

The King In Yellow

Target is to go to Amazonia and help a scientist find a rare plant. Well, with some twists, of course, especially considering the nature of the scientist and the plant (the plant attracts spirits, especially insects, and the scientist is a mantis shaman). I need info on the urban areas - I have enough critters, both home-made and from books, but if you have some neat ideas, I'm always glad about that, too, of course.

BTW, the merc chapter in SOTA '63 has no info on that Amazonian sprawl, but I remember reading about it ... could it have been in another book?

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Apr 23 2005, 01:22 PM
Post #6

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

Amazonia:
Some twisted concept of nature first, at the expense of meta-kind. It's utterly assinine and impossible to last for any length of time given the scrutiny of logic that should have been applied. That aside, it's a great dystopic setting for a game setting. Meta's are used, abused and if they die, so much the better, all the more fertilizer for the all important nature. Personally, I think Amazonia is worse, as a government than Aztlan ever was at their sacrificial worst.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 23 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #7

Great, I'm a Dragon...

It wasn't in the merc chaper of sota:2063 - it's in the "hotspots of the world" or how it's called. Just think of Metropole as a huuuuuge metroplex, way overcrowded, run-down and dangerous.
A good starting/entry point for characters.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Apr 23 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #8

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 7,014

QUOTE (hermit)
Target is to go to Amazonia and help a scientist find a rare plant. Well, with some twists, of course, especially considering the nature of the scientist and the plant (the plant attracts spirits, especially insects, and the scientist is a mantis shaman). I need info on the urban areas - I have enough critters, both home-made and from books, but if you have some neat ideas, I'm always glad about that, too, of course.

BTW, the merc chapter in SOTA '63 has no info on that Amazonian sprawl, but I remember reading about it ... could it have been in another book?

Sounds almost identical to the first run in Predator and Prey, where instead of a plant that attracts spirits, you are getting a plant that bears a fruit listed as one of Dunkelzahn's bequests. They are filled with nasty spiders.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Apr 24 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #9

The King In Yellow

Well, it has some twists of it's own (the whole insect spirit thing), but it's kinda the only thing you can do in Amazonia with current lore, so ... Besides, I'm taking the liberty of throwing one to three critters on my group, and as is, they have

- hidden from a Lambton's Lizard in a tree,
- been adopted by a Devil's Cat they happened to come across in what ocne was a city in the hinterland of Sao Paoulo
- not noticed a nest of fire ants on said tree (lucky them!)
- not noticed a swarm of Picuricu (it is Winter, after all) and instead blamed the malfunctioning of their Ultrasound googles on the poor Devil's Cat
- hunted down boar
- killed a Ghede Fly
- been intimidated by a Guardian of the Forest because one of them littered (specifically, dropped a ration bar's package onto the ground)

It's quite fun, actually, especially when the Devil's Cat doesn't even have to use it's powers to make the shaman do what it wants.

Poaching stuff in the jungle is fun. I'm really looking forward to the SoLA book.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.