Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lightning Reflexes Edge + Combat Sense Adept Power
Phelan_patrick
post Apr 26 2005, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,351

Sorry but i'm kinda re-educating myself about this game....

According to my old companion rulebook they are not compatible. Does that mean you cant get both or you cant use both at the same time? Like can a character get both and just select which power he uses at an applicable time or he cant buy both on one character?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Apr 27 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,715

I would assume the latter. I doubt a person who has this edge is flat-out prohibited from buying the combat sense power. I'd say an adept with both can choose to either get his LR dice for free, or to add some fraction of his combat pool to the surprise test, but could not add dice from both sources. Assuming the fraction of your combat pool you can use for surprise tests is larger than your LR bonus, then it's a viable option to have both.

I don't see a particularly strong reason why it would be SOOOO broken to let them stack, though. If you want to make a "quick-draw" adept and stack combat sense on lightning reflexes, I think that sounds like a fun combination. Sure, you'll dominate surprise tests, even when ambushed, but it still doesn't seem that bad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:30 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.