IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exploding cars, and the law, Just want to make sure......
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,950

K so, I've got a small situation, and I don't think I"m over-reacting. But I think the player might think I am, so I'm asking a higher court first. :-)

We were in the last real "run" of Harliquin, the one where you kidnap Frosty. The run had gone well, one of the players had even talked the Pretenders into beleaving they were looking for Frosty to give here an inheritence. Then Ehran's goons slam their car into the side of the PC's van.

So, the character in question decides to Hadoken the other person's car. Between magic pool, foci excet, the car exploded. This was done while there were witnesses, quite a few of them. Not to mention cameras.

I think this would warrent the police issuing a warrent for said pc's arrest, along with the rest of the team at least being wanted for questioning. The PC also ownes a building in the barens, several stories, where he is trying to form a gang/ comunity.

Does a raid on his place along with cops actively looking for him sound unreasonable?

Edit: A few notes, he has the "Distinctive style" flaw and plays it well, and they were not in seattle. They were in a smaller city close to Kansas City.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 28 2005, 01:36 AM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

That's definitely going to get the police looking for them. Keep in mind, though, that it has to be plausible that the police would be able to trace from the evidence to his place.

~J

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

He has a SIN, and the place is registered to him.
Cameras got some nice mugshots. :-)

And, last but not least, some of the other PCs are planning on ratting him out. None of them pulled weapons, and the ran away from him as quick as the could. So a couple have decided to save their necks by ratting. Can you blame them?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 28 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

Did they get guaranteed immunity? If not, they're probably next.

~J

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post Apr 28 2005, 02:44 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,266

I can take care of the warrants for 10K :nuyen:
Camera Job for another 20K :nuyen:

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Apr 28 2005, 02:59 AM
Post #6

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

Was the car plates registered to his SIN? If so, yes, he has a problem. Car->SIN->Place in the barrens->PC.

Next question: he used magic to blow up the car after it crashed into his own car... Did he do flashy magic so that witnesses know he attacked the car, or does it look like the car crashed then exploded? There will be an investigation either way, but if no one knows for sure he is responsible for the destruction of the car (especially if the cops don't get there in time for an astral scan), the cops are just gonna want to talk to the PC.

Next, is Kansas in the UCAS or the CAS? If it's in the CAS, maybe the cops won't investigate, especially for some sort of weird car crash. Ressource limitations and all.

Finally, if the cops do search him out at his "place", they'd probably do some surveillance of the building first to determine just what the hell is going on over there and assess the degree of resistance they will meet if they serve a warrant. And being cops, hunting down someone with a SIN, they're gonna want to capture him rather than kill everything in sight.

Finaly, if he's caught, a good lawyer should be able to get him off considering all the uncertainty surrounding what happened.

my .2 :nuyen:

+Quote Post
Chibu
post Apr 28 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,102

yeah, he used fire-based magic (i'm the one who conviced frosty i was a nice guy ^-^

and i am... really...

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 03:08 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

I think it was Fire bolt, so yes, they know he was the caster. And it was a BIG spell. (force 6( 8 )) with a focus. They were in UCAS.
The car was a rental.

As far as taking care of the warrent.....okay, but it was on the news. There are a lot of recordings of it. And as stated, a few of the players are prolly gonna turn him in. Also, the team has no decker. (Both a curse and a blessing for me.)

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 03:09 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Did I mention he is in the habit of wearing sec armor and carrying a vindicator?
He wasn't on this run, but he keeps them around, and both his armor and clothing are distinctive, plus he is a troll. He sticks out in a crowd.

+Quote Post
Chibu
post Apr 28 2005, 03:10 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,102

Oh, and, Mortax, my adept can start decking if you need :P

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 03:13 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

:-) hehe maybe, but then I have to deal with decking rules.

Something I forgot, use of magic is always considered pre-meditated.

So he is facing at least 3 murder 1 charges. Think that is in the core or grimor. I'll check.......

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 28 2005, 03:16 AM
Post #12

Manus Celer Dei

The secarmor would normally actually help, but it sounds like he wasn't wearing the helmet.

~J

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 03:21 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

He didn't have it on. They had to take a plane elsewhere, and well, yeah.
Sec armor is illeagle with out a liscence, and has an avail of like 12. So taking it, not an option. Buying it there? Also hard.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 28 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #14

Manus Celer Dei

Security armor is fine on planes, it's the screwdrivers that get you a nice long strip-search.

~J

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Sec armor isn't leagle, I'm assuming the airport people would notice that whether you checked it or not.

Also, he is a troll. Depending on racism in the area, this can get you strip serched too.

Come to think of it, even if a focus is turned off, would a mage still be able to tell what it was?

This post has been edited by Mortax: Apr 28 2005, 03:27 AM

+Quote Post
Edward
post Apr 28 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

Considering the spell was obvious there where many whiteness and he s the distinctive style flaw his hoop is toast.

His only hope is to ditch his sin and run now, with the other PCs looking to turn him in that is the end of his character. Make a new char for him and the next run is to bring him in for trial and execution (if he dies resisting no great loss).

Edward

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 28 2005, 03:43 AM
Post #17

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

If it's a rental, they usually require a SIN for that. Most of the Star's 'patrolling' is done by cameras all over the friggin place, so you can be sure they captured some nice close ups of his face, and the license plate, meaning they should be able to link it to his SIN.

Time to visit the local street doc and get a new face, and your decker chum and erase that ol' SIN. And move.

And a troll w/ a vindicator and sec armor? ouch . Someone playing that loud should already have people after him, especially if he has a SIN.

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 03:51 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

He does. Unfortunatly, they are all low level except for the guy from Haiti.
That was going to bite him before much longer, but then this happend.
hehehe. Never piss of a Petro.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 28 2005, 04:10 AM
Post #19

Uncle Fisty

QUOTE (Mortax)
Never piss of a Petro.

I have a player that plays a nasty voodoun. Love that symbolic metamagic. Try taking bites at a time. Find out as much as possible about the PC first (from the Petro's POV). Ritual clairvoyance, watchers, etc. Pick apart their support. Take out contacts, take our resources, take out their fraggin' homes. Wear them down. Then.. heck, hire some shadowrunners.

Runners should fear consequences of their actions if they're sloppy.

+Quote Post
Trax
post Apr 28 2005, 04:10 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

Three simple words: He is SCREWED. Nothing can save him now, especially since his own team is about to rat him out so even if he drops the SIN and gets a new face it's not going to help him unless he does so away from the team and goes into hiding far from civilization.

Either way, time for him to make a new character.

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

:-) fistandantilus3.0, me likes the way you think.

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 05:30 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Hey, another thought, whould it be out of the question for them to call in someone with astral perception to assence the scene of the crime? It's a smaller town, but its less than an hour drive from Kansas City.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 28 2005, 05:31 AM
Post #23

Uncle Fisty

Sure, call the Feds. Doesn't take long for an astral form to show up. They just have to do the right paper work first. ;)

+Quote Post
Mortax
post Apr 28 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Oh jeez, that could take a month. ;)

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Apr 28 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #25

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

I'm still not convinced.

Car A rams car B
Car A explodes in a fireball

It all happens so fast, witnesses, especially in a small town, are unlikely to know for certain magic was used. UNLESS an astral cop comes by and assenses the signature of the spell. IF that happens, yes the Troll is in trouble.

And any lawyer would argue self-defense. Troll is still stuck with an illegal high powered spell charge, but it ain't murder.

Of course if his team mates turn against him, he's fragged any way you look at it though.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:36 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.