IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Walker Drones' Kicking Damage Codes, Any ideas where the rules might be?
BlackHat
post May 4 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,180

According to Rigger 3, a walker-drone is capable fo performing a kick maneuver in combat, but it doesn't give rules for the damage codes, or just exactly how that works.

My intuition tells me the code would be something like (body-squared)Light Stun or something, since (body-squared) is the default strength for vehicles with mechanical arms, and because unarmed combat is usually light stun.

Then again, you're not being kicked by a soft humanoid with about the same mass as you, you're being kicked by a car (in some cases)... so maybe it should be physical damage. I'm not sure.

Also, would this count like the kick maneuver in Cannon Companion, with +1 reach, but with a penalty to any incoming attacks. I doubt it, but I wonder what other people have ruled when/if this has come up in their games.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post May 4 2005, 11:15 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Unarmed is usually moderate stun. Other than that, I see no obvious flaw with your math or reasons.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post May 4 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

Haha, oops, yeah, my bad. ;-)

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post May 4 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #4

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

Treat it as an unarmed attack similar to a Critter attack, with 0 reach and (Body x 2) M Stun.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 07:14 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.