Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Runners for my new Campaign, Just for fun
Swing Kid
post May 7 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,266

My Gaming Group is about to start a new campaign set in Seattle, starting right around 2060. We have had several campaigns set in Seattle, and in each, we have developed a number of NPC Characters that have become intregal parts of the story, a number of them actual other Shadowrunners, but most were cops, nightclub owners, hookers, fixers, etc.
Anyway, I have an idea for this next campaign to heavily involve the Shadowrunning Community; not-so-much as PC's, so much as NPC's for my campaign. What I thought would be cool would be to use some of the volunteered favorite characters from this forum. If anyone would be willling to help, I would like to get short, character dossiers (stats, hangouts, types of runs, who they run with, background information, etc) to enhance my personal campaign. From time to time, I might message the character's owner with a question about their character to enhance the game experience for my players.
For instance, the team might have to meet up with another shadowrunning team, based off of the character's provided in response to this thread, for a run. I have folders full of NPC characters, but they were all pulled out of my head, which is not what I want for this new campaign. I would like to enhance the flavor of this next game with runner NPC's from around the SR community.
If you are willing to help, then please let me know if it is alright to contact you later about the character.
Anyway, any help would be great.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 8 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

(Crickets Chirping)

+Quote Post
Slacker
post May 8 2005, 02:53 AM
Post #3

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,776

You shouldn't really expect too big a response on the weekend. Activity always slows down then.

It does sound interesting and I may get around to sending some info on my characters. I just have other things going on right now.

Is there an email address where you want the stuff sent to?

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 8 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

either a post on this, or to shadowrunner@insightbb.com

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post May 8 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (Swing Kid)
My Gaming Group is about to start a new campaign set in Seattle, starting right around 2060. We have had several campaigns set in Seattle, and in each, we have developed a number of NPC Characters that have become intregal parts of the story, a number of them actual other Shadowrunners, but most were cops, nightclub owners, hookers, fixers, etc.
Anyway, I have an idea for this next campaign to heavily involve the Shadowrunning Community; not-so-much as PC's, so much as NPC's for my campaign. What I thought would be cool would be to use some of the volunteered favorite characters from this forum. If anyone would be willling to help, I would like to get short, character dossiers (stats, hangouts, types of runs, who they run with, background information, etc) to enhance my personal campaign. From time to time, I might message the character's owner with a question about their character to enhance the game experience for my players.
For instance, the team might have to meet up with another shadowrunning team, based off of the character's provided in response to this thread, for a run. I have folders full of NPC characters, but they were all pulled out of my head, which is not what I want for this new campaign. I would like to enhance the flavor of this next game with runner NPC's from around the SR community.
If you are willing to help, then please let me know if it is alright to contact you later about the character.
Anyway, any help would be great.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...7&hl=sho+kosugi

Here is a character I wrote up and posted on DSF. I've actually been using this character for a while so I can give you an "updated" version if you like. Furthermore, I can give you a fair amount of other details based on what has transpired during games. Let me know if you're interested.

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 8 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

That's perfect. I loved the old Sho Kosugi movies. He will make my dossier, thanks. Mind if I message you directly if I need to ask any questions?

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post May 8 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Swing Kid)
That's perfect. I loved the old Sho Kosugi movies. He will make my dossier, thanks. Mind if I message you directly if I need to ask any questions?

Please, I would be delighted.

+Quote Post
Solstice
post May 8 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,960

I have a character that is currently in Seattle.

Street name: Eclipse
Japanese female

She is pretty similar to Wounded Ronin's character in the fact that she is from Japan and she was a part of a ninja clan. She was cast out of her family and "relocated" to Seattle so that she would not cause the family any embarrasment in Japan. Her family has strong ties to MCT. She begins working as an espionage expert for MCT but is dragged into the shadows after her former ninja clan comes looking for her. She is currently living in the Redmond barrens with a dwarf rigger. She also teaches kenjutsu at a downtown dojo on a by appointment basis.

If this doesn't sound too similar I can provide you with more details via PM.

I also have a German ex-mercenary running around in Seattle.

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 8 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Yes, please.

+Quote Post
SpasticTeapot
post May 9 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,893

Hmm...Character ideas:
Street name: Eastwood
Elf Pistol-Adept.
(Note: This is a modified version of the PC I'm playing right now).
Quentin is an unusually old for a shadowrunner. Born to a BTL-addict and an unknown father, Quentin grew up as a sickly child in the barrens. After having his entire family killed by Humanis during the Night of Rage (and, conviniently enough, having his Adept abilities surface), he fled the country, and spent an amazingly long time in Aztlan fighting against Aztechnology corp. Now, many years later, he has decided to return to his birthplace of Seattle.
Quentin is a charismatic guy; although he's easily 50 or more years old, he looks to be no more than 30. He's worked as a diplomat and arbitrator, so he's a very effective negotiator and can make almost anyone feel comfortable around him. Although he's no slouch in unarmed combat, he really shines with a pistol; his eagle-like sight combined with magical enhancements to his already-fast reactions and pistol skill let him give even the best of street samurai a run for their money in a firefight. However, he lacks knowledge of any other firearms. His weapons of choice, a Glock 10mm pistol and an antique Thomson/Center Encore long-barrel hunting pistol, allow him to function at both short and long range.

+Quote Post
Solstice
post May 9 2005, 01:55 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Do you need full stats and background or just some fluffy stuff.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post May 9 2005, 02:07 AM
Post #12

Great Dragon

I'd think that if he was going to use the character as an NPC he'd need full stats. Or else, what would he do if his players go aggro and try to attack the NPC?

+Quote Post
Solstice
post May 9 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ May 8 2005, 09:07 PM)
I'd think that if he was going to use the character as an NPC he'd need full stats.  Or else, what would he do if his players go aggro and try to attack the NPC?

well in the case of my character he would say: "you're promptly cut to ribbons, the end". :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Trax
post May 9 2005, 05:56 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

There is always someone a little faster or better than you. :D

+Quote Post
Slacker
post May 9 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #15

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

I'm sending you a copy of the NSRCG file for my character, plus his background file.

I also thought I would also post a summary of him here:

Street Name: Slacker
Current Location: Renton district of Seattle

As the name implies, he is a slacker. He tries to do as little as possible to survive. Growing up, his parents always put too much pressure on him, going so far as too call him the "perfect child." As you can imagine this rather upset his brother and two sisters. He always did whatever his parents expected him to do, but he never really wanted to do any of it. After he graduated college, he finally had enough. He just ran away and disappeared. As far as most of his family know, he could have been kidnapped or killed and they are still searching for any clue to his whereabouts.

He turned to the shadows because it took just too much effort to try and hold down a regular job. The fact that he could get a fixer to do the work of finding jobs for him was also an incentive. He gravitated to the use of cyberware because it's a way to just buy proficiency and physical ability without having to put in the effort of training and exercise.

The brother is the only family member who knows where he now is. Being an evil bastard, his brother goes out of his way to torment Slacker. His brother, known as potomac, was always very good at manipulating people and producing results wherever he worked. This has led potomac to be extracted many times. Each time to a bigger company. And each time he found ways of harassing his brother through the shadow assets of his new employer. Last Slacker heard he was working at some A level company in Cal Free State, but that was several years ago. So there is no telling where he is working now.

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 9 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Solstice)
Do you need full stats and background or just some fluffy stuff.

As much as you would be willing to take the time to share.

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 9 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (Slacker)
I'm sending you a copy of the NSRCG file for my character, plus his background file.

I also thought I would also post a summary of him here:

Street Name: Slacker
Current Location: Renton district of Seattle

As the name implies, he is a slacker. He tries to do as little as possible to survive. Growing up, his parents always put too much pressure on him, going so far as too call him the "perfect child." As you can imagine this rather upset his brother and two sisters. He always did whatever his parents expected him to do, but he never really wanted to do any of it. After he graduated college, he finally had enough. He just ran away and disappeared. As far as most of his family know, he could have been kidnapped or killed and they are still searching for any clue to his whereabouts.

He turned to the shadows because it took just too much effort to try and hold down a regular job. The fact that he could get a fixer to do the work of finding jobs for him was also an incentive. He gravitated to the use of cyberware because it's a way to just buy proficiency and physical ability without having to put in the effort of training and exercise.

The brother is the only family member who knows where he now is. Being an evil bastard, his brother goes out of his way to torment Slacker. His brother, known as potomac, was always very good at manipulating people and producing results wherever he worked. This has led potomac to be extracted many times. Each time to a bigger company. And each time he found ways of harassing his brother through the shadow assets of his new employer. Last Slacker heard he was working at some A level company in Cal Free State, but that was several years ago. So there is no telling where he is working now.

I think I actually game with this guy.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post May 9 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

Here's some fluff, will add the crunch if you like the idea. An NPC that I use as a GM, used as a contact also:

Samuel 'Samael' Bridges
Occupation: Razorboy/club junkie(not a druggie but frequents clubs)
Current Location: London

Samael is a human male that frequents many gothic clubs, usually found there. Occationaly gets hired by gangs/people who need someone like him. Samael's about 24-25 years old, and looks like he belongs in those crazy goth clubs: his skin is bioware pigmented white, his cybereyes have reddish violet irises, wears the makeup, has straight black hair worn nearly mid back(with a few midnight blue streaks), and is never seen in anything else but black(boots, longcoat, leather, collars, etc). Considered very attractive by the girls at said clubs but more or less shunned by typical suits of society. Very tall for a human. Speaks in a thick British accent, influenced by a sort of slang, rather than the Queen's english.

He does have cyberware(listed later), that is mainly developed to allow him to cut. The more, the better. Personality wise, he's actually not too much a bad guy when one can get to know him: the easiest way to gain his favor is to spark up conversation about things he's interested in(goth/industrial/EBM music, knife collecting, club locations, places to fight for money, or horror movies).

He does however have an occational habit of taking some social drugs(novacoke, X equivalents, etc), though he doesn't have an addiction yet(doesn't do it too often). He will, however, not mind using Nitro on one of his big 'hits' if you will...and has a few times. He's excellent at intimidation and interrigation...if someone wants someone chased away, or some information pried out of them, he's damn good at it.

All that is known about his past to the general public is that he was basically cut off by his family, who were religious maniacs, for his 'unorthodox' beliefs and the like...thinking he was the spawn of the devil or whatnot(like a lot of hardcore religious folk do). Thus, he has developed a sort of annoyance(at best), and very very strong dislike(at worst), for many of the organized religions. He has little use for people who 'waste his time' on a biz level, if you want something done, tell him straight, and he'll do it, or else find someone who can.

His appearance doesn't let him function well on a corp level(nor does he care with his more anarchist bent) but he does know the streets and underground very well; given his myriad of illegal activities, he knows places to hide, safehouses, shadowrunner haunts, places to dump hot gear, and places to meet. He also has many of his own street level contacts.

If ya want total stats, i can post them too, hes right in my book.

+Quote Post
Chibu
post May 9 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,102

Alias: He doesn't use an alias in the shadow community, but, when going through official channels, He has a new name every day.

Location: Well, he runs out of Seatle, and has an appartment downtown, but, he also has condos in polaces like Munich.

Nightshade is an Amazonian Human Male

Well, I'll post the short story that I wrote for his background. but, i'll make it a spoiler for ya:

[ Spoiler ]

Other than that, He likes to hang out in club Penumbra and spares no expense when Bribing/Tipping/Buying things as he has a decent amount of maney stored up that is ever growing. He hangs out with a 'female' free forest spirit (Force 9 spirit energy 2 i think) who is almost always in Human form. He likes to play with a deck of cards that he uses as throwing weapons. He is an Initiated Adept (Grade 5 currently) and rolls 14 dice (skill:9 + adept power: 4 + enhanced artic) for throwing weapons which he prefers but, also has an orrigional Bowie Knife that he got enchanted and uses in melee as well as unarmed. He speaks pretty good english (He has it at 4) but, originally spoke Amazonian. He knows about the inner workings of Aztechnology and Azlan and would sell them out if anyone asked him to. If a Johnson mentions the run being against something having to do with Azlan, He accepts, no questions asked. He also knows about Spirits and has Magic theory at 6. To finish off skills we have Para-Bio:3, Runner etty:3, and electronics:4.

He Usually drives around in a custom made sportscar (the model says that it is called the Belladona). If you need him to have any gear, but wonder wether he would have it or not, the answer is most likely 'yes'. He ocationaly smokes (he was supposed all the time, but, i kept forgeting). And he likes a good drink of rum. (In fact, He owns a rum shop in Hati. Don't ask, the vooden started it.) Anyway, i guess i can give some stats for him:

S: 5
B: 6
Q: 5
I: 6
W: 6
C: 5

Adept Powers:
Athletics +5
Stealth +5
Throwiung Weapons +4
Vision Mag
Hearing Amp
Increased Initiative 1
Astral Perception
Missile Mastery
Traceless Walk
Enhanced Perception 2

Bioware: Enhanced Articulation

Initiate Grade: 5
Magic Ration: 10

bleh, I guess that's about all. Hope it helps ^-^

+Quote Post
Apathy
post May 9 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

:please:
Who would name their kid 'Nightshade'? Man, that's just asking to get beat up in grade school. Can you imagine roll call?
[teacher]Juan, Pedro, Maria, Jaime, Beatrice, and ....Nightshade.

+Quote Post
Chibu
post May 9 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

He was raised in the Jungle of Amazonia. around only a few people who were only there to train him. he was a bastard child who's mom died giving birth to him.

>_<
You're just not nice....

+Quote Post
Apathy
post May 9 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

>_<
You're just not nice....

Hehehe, sorry. I couldn't help myself. It gets me in trouble with lots of people.

+Quote Post
Chibu
post May 9 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Meh, I don't care, He's a character, not real or anything. So, null offense taken chummer. The last past was a joke anyway :P

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 10 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

It's possible that his name really was Nightshade. I know a girl named Moonbeam who's parents were hippies. Seems logical that the next step will be the Vampire Goths naming their kids Nightshade. Hell, a guy at work named his kid Anakin.

+Quote Post
Smiley
post May 10 2005, 03:35 AM
Post #25

Running Target

Member No.: 6,191

With the recent prequels, that's grounds for the death penalty.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.