IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Out of interest..., Renraku Arcology: solved?
sanctusmortis
post Jun 16 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,444

What happened to the Arcology?

I have Shutdown, but haven't been able to find much information since except mentions of military actions in SOTA63. So, what has happened? Is it over? What happened to Deus? His Otaku followers? The technology? The Arcology? The people within? And what books is it all in?

This is what happens, see, when you don't get all the books. Especially in the UK, where most RPG books get nigh-on impossible to find after a year if it isn't TSR or WW material...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 16 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

try checking out the timeline or the actual book Brainscan if you can find it.
I don't know how to put it in the spoiler box, so I'll let someone that does give oyu a better answer just in case. :D Otherwise I'd tell ya'!

+Quote Post
KosherPickle
post Jun 16 2005, 11:47 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,921

The penultimate Arcology story is dealt with in the campaign Brainscan. Additional fallout information is available in Threats 2. Maybe another book, too; I'm not entirely sure.

+Quote Post
KosherPickle
post Jun 16 2005, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,921

QUOTE (KosherPickle)
The penultimate Arcology story is dealt with in the campaign Brainscan.  Additional fallout information is available in Threats 2.  Maybe another book, too; I'm not entirely sure.

By the way, I'd attempt to re-hash the story, but I just don't have the time. I'm fairly certain that there are other posters with too much time on their hands. :D

+Quote Post
sanctusmortis
post Jun 16 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #5

Target

Well, that's enough info to intrigue me to the point I will actually hunt down the info on the timeline or possibly even get Threats 2... is it any use, by the way?

EDIT: Just checked the timeline... wow. Must find Brainscan to get full details on how they "resolved" the situation... I'm planning on using some survivors as an Otaku gang that rivals one of the PC's own, you see, and I wanted to see if anything was known about the Otaku Deus made.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 16 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

Threats 2 will give you the best flavor for those Otaku Deus made, as well as the Network.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 16 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #7

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Yes, Threats 2 is cool. I'd get it just for the Imps, but stay for the Master Shedim!

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 16 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Yes, Threats 2 is cool. I'd get it just for the Imps, but stay for the Master Shedim!

:rotfl:

Come for a snack, stay for a meal?

+Quote Post
sanctusmortis
post Jun 16 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #9

Target

No Threats 2 available (bugger), so got Sprawl book...

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jun 16 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #10

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

Also, I get the distinct feeling that System Failure will be the final part fo the Arcology/Deus matter ... I mean, just look at the cover.

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 16 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (hermit)
Also, I get the distinct feeling that System Failure will be the final part fo the Arcology/Deus matter ... I mean, just look at the cover.

No thanks.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Jun 16 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (KosherPickle)
The penultimate Arcology story is dealt with in the campaign Brainscan. Additional fallout information is available in Threats 2. Maybe another book, too; I'm not entirely sure.

JTF Seattle transferred control of most of the Arc to the Metroplex Guard in SOTA64.

And I'd also say SF will deal with Deus simply because the description of the book refers to it in an oblique way.

Then there's also this from SRRPG.com about the Origins SR tournament
Shadowrun Tournament: Survivor - Renraku Arcology Cleanup (Round 1)
Six veteran teams are sent to stop Deus's scions from regaining the keys to it's bereft kingdom to remake it in their own image. Round 2 Saturday 7pm, by advancement only.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jun 16 2005, 07:12 PM
Post #13

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

No thanks.

Awww. All I say is it DOES offer a significant number of clues. Look at it the way a cop looks at an image of a crime scene with lots of blood and body parts. It's not a pretty sight, but it has clues he is looking for anyway.

JTF Seattle transferred control of most of the Arc to the Metroplex Guard in SOTA64.

Yeah, because Renraku cannot foot the bill. I guess it will be the Seattle State arcology before long. Well, put a capitol on top and it looks almost like Mel Brooks' castle from 'Spaceballs'. :D

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 16 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (hermit)
No thanks.

Awww. All I say is it DOES offer a significant number of clues. Look at it the way a cop looks at an image of a crime scene with lots of blood and body parts. It's not a pretty sight, but it has clues he is looking for anyway.

Well when you put it that way, OK. But just for you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:33 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.