IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yet more SR in RL, Riggers! And Drones, of course.
ShadowDragon8685
post Jun 24 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,445

(Please bear in mind that I cannot vouch how long these links will stay working.)

This story about a Japanese guard/fire-fighting and water-leak detecting guard robot caught my attention, as did This story about a gunbot that's driven by a soldier remotely.

Rigging, the tortoise way. :) It's a step, methinks. And if we combine it with some of that other technology we've seen on the boards, like that imaging technology... Well, once you know how to get a visual signal from a brain, how much harder is it to figure out how to give one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyuhan
post Jun 24 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,628

CEEEEEEEELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON!!!!! :spin:

+Quote Post
GunnerJ
post Jun 24 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,634

Take a look here... Why is a Japanese woman(?) in the background wearing a colonial-era European officer's uniform?

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 24 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

She's a LARPer

+Quote Post
Spark
post Jun 24 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,153

QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
She's a LARPer

????? what is that?

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Jun 24 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #6

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Live Action Roleplayer.

I don't think you see to much SR LARPing. I mean, the police would have issue with you for carrying what appear to be firearms down the streets, and nobody can bring themselves to carry a card with "Heavy Pistol" on it.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Jun 24 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

QUOTE (GunnerJ)
Take a look here... Why is a Japanese woman(?) in the background wearing a colonial-era European officer's uniform?

It's to draw attention to the presenter. Take a look at auto shows, they have scantilly clad women parade around the cars, this is similar. The reason she's dressed like a Marshal is to emphasize the police aspect of the robot demo.

+Quote Post
kryton
post Jun 24 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,874

Of course I always associate police with 19th Centry Colonial British Uniforms?

All I want to know is where the pigmies are? You never see any pigmies standing near women dressed in suto 19th century Colonial British Uniforms displaying Robots puting out fires....If you look reallly close you can see a Queen Victoria standing in the background too...Looook reallllly hard she's there........Too bad she didn't have a Pith helmet too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.